It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Grill School Board Over Transgender Discussions In Kindergarten

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Transgender can make babies.
It would be easier to indoctrinate children to turn gay. They are way more of them than the transgender community.

It's true technology can do wonderful things but the he that is now a she that had total reassignment surgery is going to be challenged biologically to produce, on the other hand it might be easier for a female that changes to a male, unless there reassignment surgery calls for the removal of their ovaries and uterus, I don't know if that is part of the surgery package, maybe somebody could tell us ?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Most transgender people do not want reassignment surgery.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I hear what you are saying, but I don't think you fully understand what a kid with gender dysphoria goes through (and what their parents go through).

Every source material I have read on the subject, and every trans person I have spoken to who had gender dysophoria as a child has told me that their feelings were STRONG and unphaseable.

This is not like telling a kid he can't wear his batman suit to school everyday and pronounce himself batman to the class. Other than being human, your gender is the core identity of who you are. Being told that you are not your core gender is like telling a child he is not a human being, and treating him like an animal 24/7. It's cruel and will mess him up big time.

Do you think parents with a trans kid haven't tried what you suggested? Most parent have started out doing exactly that. They tell their child they can't wear the dresses to school and they still have to go by their boy name. You know what happens to these kids when forced to live as the gender they KNOW they are not? They become withdrawn, depressed, they start to do poorly in school, they won't play anymore, and some of them even talk about suicide. This condition is serious. A kid may pitch a fit when he can't wear his batman suit to school, but it's nothing compared to how he feels when his core identity is rejected.

Psychiatrists who have been dealing with this condition for years have found that by letting these kids live as the gender they identify with, they go from being withdrawn and depressed to blooming with happiness. They do better in school, they start being social again, and they are no longer depressed. So, do we force them to be who they are not at their core and put them on suicide watch while they suffer, or do we allow them to express who they are so they live happy, healthy lives? Most parents who love their child opt for the latter, on the advice of their therapist.

The only problems these kids might have at that point is how they are treated by others. They know they are different, so they are already a bit vulnerable to bullying and taunting. That's why I think it's a good idea to broach the subject carefully, and in an age appropriate way to the other kids - mostly to just let them know that Suzie who used to be Tommy is still just a kid like they are, and deserves to be treated with kindness.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4DawnYou

I was addressing the issue of mistakenly labeling a child in kind because they didn't act the way someone thought they should act.

Yes I know, which is why I responded that no one would mistakenly diagnose a child as being transgender when they were just being a tomboy. Those aren't the symptoms of being transgender, and every therapist knows it.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Do you think parents who pretend that their children are superman, wonder women, batman, or whoever whenever they pretend to be will cause them to persist for months and months?

Absolutely it would .

If you had a child that thinks they are batman and the parents and the school encourage them to act and believe they are batman sure they will.

They are a child and they believe and trust their parents and if their parent says they are batman along with the school then yes they will continue to believe they are batman.

That is until they get older and have the mental capacity to understand that they are not. Kind of like believing in Santa Clause.

Sighs. That is exactly what they are doing!!!!!!!!!! Why is that so hard to understand?

NO they are not. A 5 year old child is not mentally nor physically developed. They don't have the mental capacity to think for themselves, protect themselves, or even wipe their own a$$ properly.

A child that is 5 years old has not been given any time for him to understand who they are , or be mentally evolved enough to comprehend the decision they are making.

Would you let a 5 year old child that has had a crush on an adult for years to be in a relationship with that adult? If not why not?

edit on 23831America/ChicagoThu, 24 Aug 2017 09:23:50 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I hear what you are saying, but I don't think you fully understand what a kid with gender dysphoria goes through (and what their parents go through).

I don't pretend too and I feel for them. It certainly must not be easy.

Do you think parents with a trans kid haven't tried what you suggested?

No I don't , when the child is 5 years old. Did they start treatment for that child while he was an embryo?

That child is not mentally capable to make such decisions nor given enough time to discover who they truly are.

That's why I think it's a good idea to broach the subject carefully, and in an age appropriate way to the other kids - mostly to just let them know that Suzie who used to be Tommy is still just a kid like they are, and deserves to be treated with kindness.

Agreed, I just don't think a 5 year old is the appropriate age. That child doesn't have the mental capability to understand who they are and its unreasonable to force this upon other children who are also not aware of who they are.

edit on 38831America/ChicagoThu, 24 Aug 2017 09:38:09 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I was addressing the issue of mistakenly labeling a child in kind because they didn't act the way someone thought they should act.

Yes I know, which is why I responded that no one would mistakenly diagnose a child as being transgender when they were just being a tomboy. Those aren't the symptoms of being transgender, and every therapist knows it.

A therapist may know this, but the average neighbor, friend, teacher, and maybe even parent, does not know, and that is what causes the problems.

That is why these kind of labels should not be placed on children and they should be allowed to grow into who and what they are without interference by well meaning people or by people that have an agenda.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Many (most) of these kids started exhibiting symptoms when they were even younger, like 2 or 3 (as soon as they started developing a sense of self awareness). So by the time they are 5, it has been 2 or 3 years of consistent persistent insistence. By that time, the parents have already put them in therapy, and are doing what the therapist recommends.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

A therapist may know this, but the average neighbor, friend, teacher, and maybe even parent, does not know, and that is what causes the problems.

That's why therapy is a good thing.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Many (most) of these kids started exhibiting symptoms when they were even younger, like 2 or 3 (as soon as they started developing a sense of self awareness). So by the time they are 5, it has been 2 or 3 years of consistent persistent insistence. By that time, the parents have already put them in therapy, and are doing what the therapist recommends.

Like I said previously that child is still 5 years old and mentally unfit to understand the ramifications of their decision or their identity. They might as well have started counseling when he was an embryo.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Absolutely it would . 

Do you have a source for that? Or like ketusko it's another make up narrative.

And I am not surprised you hinted at pedophilia. Pedophilia is always brought up in every LGBT thread every single time. So I am not going there.

edit on 8/24/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

It is not a good thing for the child if it is not needed.

It may be a good thing for the parent.

The only thing the child needs is for adults to allow the child to be a child.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It is not a good thing for the child if it is not needed.

It may be a good thing for the parent.

The only thing the child needs is for adults to allow the child to be a child.

You think it's a good thing to leave children with gender dysphoria untreated?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

You aren't making any sense. You just admitted that a therapist would know whether a kid is trans or not, how would it be determined if the kid doesn't get therapy? If the kid is just a tomboy, a therapist would figure that out in one session. Done. No more therapy needed.

Allowing a kid to live as the gender they identify with IS allowing them to be who they are.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Like I said previously that child is still 5 years old and mentally unfit to understand the ramifications of their decision or their identity. They might as well have started counseling when he was an embryo.

You're not making any sense either. An embryo has no sense of self awareness. That develops around age 2 or 3.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Do you have a source for that? Or like ketusko it's another make up narrative.

Do you need a study to confirm that children are impressionable by adults and parents? Do you need a study to understand that Children believe in Santa Clause for years, because the parents and the School plays into it.

So yes if a child believes they are batman and his parents and the school plays into it as well , then yes they will likely continue to act like batman and continue to believe they are batman.

That is until they get older and have the mental capacity to understand that they are not. Kind of like they believe in Santa Clause.

And I am not surprised you hinted at pedophilia. Pedophilia is always brought up in every LGBT thread every single time. So I am not going there.

That is your cop out. The point has nothing todo with pedophilia nor I'm suggesting that transsexuals are pedophiles.

The question was
"Would you let a 5 year old child that has had a crush on an adult for years to be in a relationship with that adult? If not why not?"

You don't want to go there an answer the question because you know the answer is that a 5 year old child is not mentally nor physically evolved, vulnerable, impressionable and unfit to determine what is best for them.

edit on 42831America/ChicagoThu, 24 Aug 2017 10:42:43 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien
I think that it is wrong to label a child anything because one "thinks" the child has a problem.

At the age of the children we are discussing in the OP, I think it is not only wrong, I think it is potentially more harmful to push the idea that there is something wrong with the child, that they are not normal, and to push the idea that they have gender dysphoria.

No need for psychiatric care at that age, or any other "special" treatment. We don't need to treat the child, we need to treat the adults that are labeling and grouping children as something that they may not even be.

The problem is in the mind of the adults, not in the mind of the children.
edit on 24-8-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

You have no idea that the parents of transgender children do not want this? Absolutely no idea?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I am not surprised that you think that I am not making any sense, because I am not saying what you want to hear.

No. I am not advocating for therapy for children that don't need it. I don't think there is any five year old child that is obsessed with their genitalia, unless there is something going on in the child's life that is, or borders on being criminal.

Personally, I believe there is something wrong with an adult that looks at a child kindergarten age, and wants to label them gender dysphoric instead of seeing the child as being a child. There is no harm to the child mentally or physically when left alone to mature in their own time "without" interference.

Adults have to stop trying to make a perfect child, by society's standards. People scream about pushing round children into square holes, yet they turn around and label them as round or square. Why don't we just leave them alone and let the ducklings turn into the swans they are meant to be?

edit on 24-8-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

You're not making any sense either. An embryo has no sense of self awareness. That develops around age 2 or 3.

The point is , a child that is 5 years old does not have the mental capacity to make any life altering decisions . Therefore even if they have had counseling since they were an embryo it still not enough time for that child to make a life altering decision at 5 years of age.

They should continue with the counseling , but not take drastic measures such as these parent and the school teacher did. They should wait for that child to have the mental capacity to determine for themselves who they are and understand the ramifications of their decision.

edit on 39831America/ChicagoThu, 24 Aug 2017 10:39:02 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join