It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Grill School Board Over Transgender Discussions In Kindergarten

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Kindergarten is way to early to broach this subject, we should all be in unanimous agreement there. It blows my mind that's not the case.

It blows my mind that many people do not understand gender dysphoria and refuse to learn anything about it.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: kaylaluv

It's simple really. Constant visits to a psychiatrist, til they figure out how to treat the illness.

Yep. Wow, you're a genius.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

That's bloody stupid.

Do you not care about the mental health of young children? Jesus

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

That's bloody stupid.

Do you not care about the mental health of young children? Jesus

Thanks for putting words in my mouth.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

It makes sense after puberty but little kids brains are still developing how could a parent be certain their kid is actually gender dysphoric and not just acting out or confused, or maybe just gay.

I feel pretty strongly that little kids should be left out of this.

Since the trans crowd is so gung ho about identifying gender dysphoria at these ridiculous young ages there are going to be a lot of kids who alter themselves out of confusion or pressure, not actual gender dysphoria.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Wops, I actually messed up. Wanted to quote kayla's post, where she said we should let children dress as the opposite sex and change their name

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Where is this pressure you speak of? In fact most parents with children with gender dysphoria tried everything they can to convince them otherwise.
Children with gender dysphoria persist since early ages.
Even if we leave kids out of this children with gender dysphoria will exhibit behaviors of the opposite sexes without our prompting.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Wops, I actually messed up. Wanted to quote kayla's post, where she said we should let children dress as the opposite sex and change their name

It happens.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

You know those psychiatrists you were talking about? Yep. It's what they recommend.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: growler

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: seasonal
That is just insane. A kindergarten kid has no idea about sexuality at that age . It would have been more productive and related for the children to have read a book about little johny becoming batman.

if you didn't know you were a boy or a girl at that age it's a shame they didn't have a similar teacher to teach you.

this thread again giving yet more examples how braindead ats users are and how they're prepared to jump up and down angrily over a subject they know nothing of.

A 5 or 6 year old can't wipe their own @rse ,they believe they are or can become batman, and yet you think going full retard and encouraging a 5 year old child to come out as a transgender to the world is a good thing?

Nobody is saying that child couldn't be and won't become transgender. What the rational adults here are saying is that maybe a 5year old doesn't have the brain capacity to make such life altering changes . Perhaps such drastic changes shouldn't be encouraged or taken till later in life when the child has the brain capacity to understand that.

There is a reason a 5 year old is not considered an adult , are protected by law , and special consideration are taken for them. They don't know any better at certain age and are vulnerable. They aren't fully developed mentally or physically.

edit on 32831America/ChicagoThu, 24 Aug 2017 07:32:17 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

What do you suggest we do with children with gender dysphoria? And what drastic changes are you talking about? Wearing clothes of the opposite sexes is not a drastic change.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

What do you suggest we do with children with gender dysphoria?

Slow down, tread lightly, don't go full force and commit a 5 or 6 year child to something they don't understand completely at that age. Keep an eye on the child as they develop , try to encourage them to embrace their physical and chromosomal sexual identity, then counseling.

After years of counseling and once that child is mentally developed and they still choose to become trans gender then continue to love them and encourage them.

And what drastic changes are you talking about? Wearing clothes of the opposite sexes is not a drastic change.

The drastic changes stated in this thread.

Having a parent and teacher encouraging a child that is un mentally developed to commit to changing their sexual identity in front of the class,peers, and the world is drastic. Exposing his peers to a complicated issue without parental consent that is drastic. Its unfair to the transgender child who isn't fully developed mentally, and unfair to his peers and their parents.

That child is not mentally or physically developed and next year they may no longer feel like a tansgender, but now the world, the class, and the child peers already associated him as transgender .

Its too drastic change to take at such a young age. Sometimes the best parenting is to treat a child like a child and not as an adult because they are mentally limited.

edit on 07831America/ChicagoThu, 24 Aug 2017 08:07:30 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

"Go full force"? Who is doing that? And they ALREADY receive counseling. If they persist for a long time then they will be diagnosed with gender dysphoria. No matter how much you try to encourage children with gender dysphoria to embrace their physical sexes, it will not change. If parents force them then it borders on child abuse. And no gender identity is not a choce. They are born with it.
And children with gender dysphoria will still express their gender identity themselves in front of peers even if parents encourage them otherwise anyway.
And yes treat a child like a child. If a child presists in gender identity then let it. Don't force it.

edit on 8/24/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yet, I was not transgender nor did I have gender dysphoria.

If you weren't comparing yourself to a child with gender dysphoria, then why did you make that statement?

Because you brought it up.

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn Of course you didn't have gender dysphoria. You weren't disgusted with your female body parts, waiting for the penis to grow in. You didn't spend every night praying for God to give you the penis you knew you should have been born with. You weren't terrified of puberty making those female parts even more female - permanently. Gender dysphoria and being a tomboy are not the same things at all.

I only posted to JohhnyCanuck, that a little girl, at the age of six, may reject being girly or even wanting to be called by what is considered a boy's name, did not mean that the child was transgender as some may what to label them.

I am not sure what you find so upsetting about my post. I never used the term gender dysphoria. I wasn't even addressing the issue here about whether this child in the OP, was or wasn't transgendered. I was addressing the issue of mistakenly labeling a child in kind because they didn't act the way someone thought they should act.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

And if they aren't gender dysphoric but simply acting out other fantasies, and parents force them to continue in order to live out parental wish fulfillment, it also borders on child abuse.

How many truly gender dysphoric children are there? And how many are being coached/encouraged? And how many kids are being caught up in issue they should not have to be caught up in as a result because it shouldn't be part of their lives because everyone thinks they have to be taught about it?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

"Go full force"? Who is doing that?

Like I said above the Parent and the teacher. They went full force by encouraging a child that is un mentally developed to come out as transgender to the world. Their is no easy going back for that child now if they change their mind and next year they want to become catwomen, like most 5 year old do.

No matter how much you try to encourage children with gender identity to embrace their physical sexes, it will not change

That may be the case , but give that child a chance to determine that for themselves when they have the mental capacity to do so.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And if they aren't gender dysphoric but simply acting out other fantasies, and parents force them to continue in order to live out parental wish fulfillment, it also borders on child abuse. 

I don't see anyone here disagreeing with that, do you? Ok. So don't create a false narrative, please.

How many truly gender dysphoric children are there? And how many are being coached/encouraged? And how many kids are being caught up in issue they should not have to be caught up in as a result because it shouldn't be part of their lives because everyone thinks they have to be taught about it?

Again with the false narrative. They are under 1% of the population. And please point to those people that are coaching and encouraging the children to be transgender. If you can do that then we both will contact CPS. Agreed?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Like I said above the Parent and the teacher. They went full force by encouraging a child that is un mentally developed to come out as transgender to the world. Their is no easy going back for that child now if they change their mind and next year they want to become catwomen, like most 5 year old do. 

If it's a phase as you suggests then it won't last long. Do you think parents who pretend that their children are superman, wonder women, batman, or whoever whenever they pretend to be will cause them to persist for months and months?

That may be the case , but give that child a chance to determine that for themselves when they have the mental capacity to do so.

Sighs. That is exactly what they are doing!!!!!!!!!! Why is that so hard to understand?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Since this is ATS I will put in the conspiracy wrinkle.
In the last 2 years I have been wondering why this is suddenly so persuasive in western culture.

This is being pushed so hard and fast that I am beginning to think it's a ploy to push population control, by the elites.
Self-made eunuchs and self-made Mastectomonts (yes I just invented a word) can adopt I guess, but they most likely won't be making tons of babies anymore.

If this turns out to be discovered in the future as true, then millions that support this will have been duped.
edit on 24-8-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Transgender can make babies.
It would be easier to indoctrinate children to turn gay. They are way more of them than the transgender community.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join