It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Grill School Board Over Transgender Discussions In Kindergarten

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The children were afraid, and confused. That's the goal, people; recruitment, starting very young. Don't doubt it. Many have stated for years this was coming, and were told it wouldn't happen, yet here we are.

No, a child that age was NOT "transitioning"; a child that age was coerced and confused by whatever passes for parents int hat household, and told they ought to act a certain way. It's a safe bet the "parents" sent those books, too, to push their BS onto the other children, against the wishes of their concerned parents. Sickening. teaching a child they can be the opposite sex ought to be considered child abuse.

As for "banned books", and so forth, well, gee, how about they start reading old copies of Little Black Sambo in class, or showing Song of the South to the kiddles? Can't ban the as dangerous, right?

Right??

Tie for a lot of parents to start considering home schooling their kids.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
This is so stupid. It is like giving a child a gun and thinking they have the mental maturity to handle such a thing.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yet, I was not transgender nor did I have gender dysphoria.

If you weren't comparing yourself to a child with gender dysphoria, then why did you make that statement?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
My son just started second grade and I have a year and a half year old daughter.........i sincerely hope they are never forced to learn Any of this confusing crap.

It just baffles me the people who are defending introducing this confusing subject to little kids.

I don't think you guys Believe what your saying, you just have to argue.........its Child Abuse if you ask me

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Thank you for describing a mental illness.

Instead of giving in to sick people, we should properly treat them

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: marg6043

The liberal agenda is getting desperate, they want to expose these young kids to this.

This is hard enough for young adults to deal with. Look at the suicide rates and the wavering back and forth after a life changing decision is made. I think this belongs in a more clinical setting and a school room with 1/2 sized chairs and snack time is not it. And using a 5 year old as a prop is sick.

Yes, and isn't it ironic that a person claiming to have had such thoughts at that age is also here telling someone to commit suicide? Who is bullying whom, again?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Thank you for describing a mental illness.

Instead of giving in to sick people, we should properly treat them

Isn't that what they have been doing?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

If a child in Kindergarten is praying to god for a penis there is more there than gender dysphoria...I would think some form of abuse. They are 'seeing' something that is causing that.

It is a very common symptom of gender dysphoria. If a child doesn't have a religious background, then they beg their parents to help them "fix" their bodies.

At that age kids cross dress to pretend. They may have a single mom, they are a boy, and they put on a dress and say I look like mommy. That does not mean they are living as the wrong sex. My son did it. We all laughed. Hell, until he was 8 or 9 he would wear my wifes heals and say I'm pretty. He is now 11 and I am dealing with girls and the questions. Never did I think there was an issue.

That's right, and I said exactly the same thing. Playing dress up or acting like a tomboy has nothing to do with having gender dysphoria. It is much more complicated than that. Parents of kids with gender dysphoria are dealing with a lot more than just their kid playing dress up.

It is something at that age that parents should be dealing with and not schools or teachers.

I think a teacher could discuss it in an age-appropriate way, and without making too much of a big deal about it.
edit on 24-8-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: seasonal
That is just insane. A kindergarten kid has no idea about sexuality at that age . It would have been more productive and related for the children to have read a book about little johny becoming batman.

if you didn't know you were a boy or a girl at that age it's a shame they didn't have a similar teacher to teach you.

this thread again giving yet more examples how braindead ats users are and how they're prepared to jump up and down angrily over a subject they know nothing of.

link   
a reply to: Nikola014

And how do you think they should properly treat them? I'd love to hear your specific treatment plan and track record of success with it.

link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

If a mentally ill boy cuts off his junk and starts taking some hormones, he will be a mentally ill boy without his junk and a lower testosterone

How are we treating them?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
So just for the fun of it, as a great little logic puzzle for some.

**Remember logic, is not emotion, remove emotion before continuing**

If

you subscribe to the logic that a child at 5 is aware enough about their bodies, gender/sex and the ramifications of their choices and changes, and is capable of making a rational, logical decision to changer their g/s.

Then

You also have to allow them to do such things as:
-Cut off body parts - if they don't want their hand, they obviously know whats best and the consequences of removing it. So cut that baby off.
-Get tatoo's or piercings
-eat 10 lbs of butter, every day, for weeks, nutrition requirements are "childs play" compared to gender dynamics.
-If they think they can fly, they probably can. They know their body better than I. Have a safe flight little jimmy.

I'm sure I"m missing some others.

From a logic standpoint, I don't understand the duality of a child being "not equipped" for some decisions while all knowing on others. This really is just the worst when it comes to this new wave of political nonsense. I really don't care though, I'm just observing the self destruction of a species that surprisingly made it this far. Enjoy the next 82 years, they'll be the most entertaining.

I'll add one to your list. If they can determine their gender, and make decisions about that, then why not about sex, too? That's the next step, and we all know it.

AH, but no conspiracy involving certain Italian foods, right?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

If a mentally ill boy cuts off his junk and starts taking some hormones, he will be a mentally ill boy without his junk and a lower testosterone

How are we treating them?

Are you talking about boys who are over 18 years old? I hope so.
What is your suggestion that we should do with children with gender dysphoria?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

It's simple really. Constant visits to a psychiatrist, til they figure out how to treat the illness.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

What? BBC had a video of an underaged boy, who thinks he's a girl, and who's going over "transformation".Or it was the other way around, can't really remember.

Psychiatrist treatment

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

It's simple really. Constant visits to a psychiatrist, til they figure out how to treat the illness.

Which they have been doing.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

What? BBC had a video of an underaged boy, who thinks he's a girl, and who's going over "transformation".Or it was the other way around, can't really remember.

Psychiatrist treatment

I have never heard of any underage boys having their "junks" cut off. You are inventing stories.
Gender dysphoria is not a mental illness.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Kindergarten is way to early to broach this subject, we should all be in unanimous agreement there. It blows my mind that's not the case.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Gender dysphoria defines mental illness.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

At 5 years old, we aren't talking about making any physical changes to the body. We are talking about allowing them to dress as the gender they say they identify with, and maybe change their name (not legally). That is not the same thing as any of those examples which have permanent consequences.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join