It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Grill School Board Over Transgender Discussions In Kindergarten

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If people wonder why some people turn out like nazis.

Look no further than this thread.

The current state of education in this country can be called anything but.

It's a pure political agenda from near cradle to grave.

Telling me a three year old knows bout gender identity.

As if.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: seasonal
That is just insane. A kindergarten kid has no idea about sexuality at that age . It would have been more productive and related for the children to have read a book about little johny becoming batman.

That's what you think.
A friend of my daughters has a 6 year old girl. She doesn't like being treated like a girl, and insists that she be addressed by a boys name (which is not a derivative of her own). Her parents are accommodating her wishes.
I would suggest that this young individual has a better idea as to her gender concerns than you do.

Agreed, children are very advanced by the age of 5 or 6, much more intelligent then we give them credit for.

I actually get all my business and personal tax advice from my neighbors 5 year old, he's been a life saver.

Well, I suppose you can if you like but here in Canada the tax code is somewhat complex. Meanwhile...that doesn't really address what I said. Would you, as a parent accommodate your child's wishes and perhaps ready yourself for the possibility that you will need to accept a new normal? Or would you be shutting up your child and doubling down on putting a square peg in a round hole? It's really easy to lay down the law on the interwebz...tougher to deal with reality.

I'd do what probably most normal intelligent people would do.

I'd acknowledge it, and see how the feelings develop over time. If it's a persistent thing, and continues on through stages of the childs life I would probably be fine with it, and supportive.

What I wouldn't do, at the first sign at the age of 5, is start immersing them in a bright shiny world of everythings awesome your transgender. Buying books, watching videos, going around town wearing a T-shirt with some stupid quip about my transgendered 5 year old. Dragging them from group to group for "support", basically treating them like a token piece of how accepting and cutting edge I am.

The first one is what an actual person who cares about a child would do.

The second is what some demented idiot would do just looking to augment their own points system in some twisted inner circle of "alternative thinkers".

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
If people wonder why some people turn out like nazis.

Look no further than this thread.

The current state of education in this country can be called anything but.

It's a pure political agenda from near cradle to grave.

Telling me a three year old knows bout gender identity.

As if.

LOL. as I read that my 3 year old grandson is just spinning and banging his head against the wall.

Yea he is gender aware LMAO.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: cheesyleps

The OP also left out the quote from the parent telling how his/her (can't remember if it was Dad or Mom quoted) little girl came home crying, upset, and terrified that she might turn into a boy...

link   
a reply to: notsure1

Seems that the underlying need to have people accept the trans issue push rabid pro trans people to make outrageous claims.

The only way a 5 year old is transitioning is when the parent/s is pushing them to, because the parent has issues.

The rare issue is hard enough to understand, making asinine claims muddies the waters and makes it harder for those who are struggling.

edit on 23-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

link   

Apparently since offspring makes people qualified to comment.

Like being grandparents.

Seven nieces and nephews.

3 'grand nephews' and nieces.

Not a one pulls the snip that was pulled in here.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

The question becomes:

How many of these "square pegs" are square because they really are, and how many are "square" because they are simply into things not normally associated with their birth gender (for example, I identify with NightSky above myself) but today's world now labels that transgender ... or they have a parent, maybe two who want to be "in" on the hip new trend and encourage them to express their new "transgenderism"?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I'd acknowledge it, and see how the feelings develop over time. If it's a persistent thing, and continues on through stages of the childs life I would probably be fine with it, and supportive.

Should not every child be raise in an environment whereby gender is not defined in terms of normal, and abnormal? So what does that look like? And what does support look like in a world where some people define the issue as follows:

If you subscribe to the logic that a child at 5 is aware enough about their bodies, gender/sex and the ramifications of their choices and changes, and is capable of making a rational, logical decision to changer their g/s. Then You also have to allow them to do such things as:
-Cut off body parts - if they don't want their hand, they obviously know whats best and the consequences of removing it. So cut that baby off.
-Get tatoo's or piercings -eat 10 lbs of butter, every day, for weeks, nutrition requirements are "childs play" compared to gender dynamics.
-If they think they can fly, they probably can. They know their body better than I. Have a safe flight little jimmy. I'm sure I"m missing some others.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

The only way a 5 year old is transitioning is when the parent/s is pushing them to, because the parent has issues.

It's really not that hard to see that, even as a casual observer.

Odd how most of these cases are not ones with simply normal "understanding" or "accepting" parents. Instead the parents are usually activists or some other sort of "high" profile person in the acronym community.

What are the odds, no really, what are they that this is happening to children that are usually immersed in and shown a glorified situation that their parents are passionate and involved in. Seems suspect to me, and of course doesn't pass the logic test.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Should not every child be raise in an environment whereby gender is not defined in terms of normal, and abnormal? So what does that look like? And what does support look like in a world where some people define the issue as follows:

If you subscribe to the logic that a child at 5 is aware enough about their bodies, gender/sex and the ramifications of their choices and changes, and is capable of making a rational, logical decision to changer their g/s. Then You also have to allow them to do such things as:
-Cut off body parts - if they don't want their hand, they obviously know whats best and the consequences of removing it. So cut that baby off.
-Get tatoo's or piercings -eat 10 lbs of butter, every day, for weeks, nutrition requirements are "childs play" compared to gender dynamics.
-If they think they can fly, they probably can. They know their body better than I. Have a safe flight little jimmy. I'm sure I"m missing some others.

Sorry johnny, you lost me a bit.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Yep, I would have no problem letting my 5 year old dress opposite. Want to know why?

Kid that age have no clue, and do not care. It is the adults that F everything up. Kids love dress up and really love moms make up-boy and girls.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Nevermind...I'm not setting myself up to be the pinata on the TG issue.I simply support kids being nurtured. And the best way to nurture a kid going through such issues is to take the weird out of it. Like a kid with two Dad's. Their peers don't care about the details until helpful adults start losing their #. Now it's hardly an issue any more.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

The question becomes:

How many of these "square pegs" are square because they really are, and how many are "square" because they are simply into things not normally associated with their birth gender (for example, I identify with NightSky above myself) but today's world now labels that transgender ... or they have a parent, maybe two who want to be "in" on the hip new trend and encourage them to express their new "transgenderism"?

Then it becomes a certain group of people running around telling their kids those pegs are detachable.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Nevermind...I'm not setting myself up to be the pinata on the TG issue.I simply support kids being nurtured. And the best way to nurture a kid going through such issues is to take the weird out of it. Like a kid with two Dad's. Their peers don't care about the details until helpful adults start losing their #. Now it's hardly an issue any more.

I think children should be nurtured as well, but certainly not manipulated.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Here's what I don't understand about this whole thing (not that anyone cares, I'm sure, but...) :

Regardless of your stance on transgenderism--why is this even being brought up in school? Is it going to help teach kids to read or write? To learn to count, or add or subtract? Why is a school teaching ANYTHING about it, one way or the other?

Kindergarten should be for learning things like how to count, the letters of the alphabet, etc. etc. Transgenderism has nothing to do with academics. So why is it even being talked about? Especially at the freakin kindergarten level? Maybe if we focused more on academics and less on other topics we wouldn't be so far down the list when it comes to reading, writing, math, and science skills.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver
Here's what I don't understand about this whole thing (not that anyone cares, I'm sure, but...) :

Regardless of your stance on transgenderism--why is this even being brought up in school? Is it going to help teach kids to read or write? To learn to count, or add or subtract? Why is a school teaching ANYTHING about it, one way or the other?

Kindergarten should be for learning things like how to count, the letters of the alphabet, etc. etc. Transgenderism has nothing to do with academics. So why is it even being talked about? Especially at the freakin kindergarten level? Maybe if we focused more on academics and less on other topics we wouldn't be so far down the list when it comes to reading, writing, math, and science skills.

The constant liberal drum beat to be accepting. I do not think a 5 year old should be marched out in class and be declared transitioning. What is wrong with the teachers and parent/s?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver

The irony is that the very reason some of us rail against this(and told we are wrong), is the very reason it's happening in schools. Children are malleable, you have to feed them the programming when they are young. Because children don't know when they are being taught something real and when they are being manipulated. It's that simple.

A good example on manipulation.

Try to convince a 40 year old man to do something stupid, and for the purpose of this experiment pretend he isn't some average day fool. He most likely will not do it, or be extremely hard to convince.

Try to convince a 5 year old to do something stupid, odds are they will do it, readily and even after being hurt or receiving a negative response. They will most likely do the next thing you ask(tell) them too.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
The constant liberal drum beat to be accepting. I do not think a 5 year old should be marched out in class and be declared transitioning. What is wrong with the teachers and parent/s?
I agree. Good thing that's not what happened, eh?

And that drumbeat? The one that drives Conservatives to the divan with a case of the vapours whenever their Ward Cleaver paradigm is being challenged by reality? That's what's manipulating kids.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

Because the left seems to think that if we try hard enough, somehow we can create a world where no one ever has to feel bad about anything. They don't seem to understand that it's a false hope. No matter how hard they try to force people to dance to their SJW tunes and play their silly word games and do catastrophic surgery on children before they really understand what is being done to them, then no one will ever feel bad and we'll all be perfectly happy and equal and happy and stuff all the time, forever and ever, amen, all hail NWO.

Oh, and ignorance is bliss.
edit on 23-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join