It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Grill School Board Over Transgender Discussions In Kindergarten

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So a teacher thought it would be a great idea to discuss gender ID with kindergarten students because one of the kids in class is "struggling" with finding their identity. Yes in kindergarten.

At Monday night's board meeting, the teacher at the center of the controversy spoke out. With emotions high, she addressed a packed house.

"I'm so proud of my students, it was never my intent to harm any students but to help them through a difficult situation," she said.
sacramento.cbslocal.com...

The teacher read a couple of books about gender ID and in the video a 7th grade teacher acted like parents not wanting their kids being read this book is like banning books and omitting books like these are "dangerous".

The teacher defended her actions to read two children's books about transgenderism including one titled "I am Jazz." She says the books were given to her by a transgender child going through a transition.
"The kindergartners came home very confused, about whether or not you can pick your gender, whether or not they really were a boy or a girl," said England.
"When we head in the direction of banned books or book lists, or selective literature– that should only be read inside or outside the classroom, I think that's a very dangerous direction to go," said 7th grade teacher Kelly Bryson.

Many teachers spoke out in support of the importance of teaching kids about diversity and having dialogs. Keep in mind these books are outside the curriculum, and these kids are in Kindergarten for crying out loud.

Many teachers also spoke out in support of what transpired inside the classroom. They spoke about the importance of teaching students about diversity and having healthy dialogues.

+49 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Pre-hormonal, any kid struggling is likely being confused by their parents, intentionally.

That's child abuse.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Pre-hormonal, any kid struggling is likely being confused by their parents, intentionally.

That's child abuse.

Quite the opposite. It's child abuse to tell the kids that they are something they are not.

brutalist.press...

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
That is just insane. A kindergarten kid has no idea about sexuality at that age . It would have been more productive and related for the children to have read a book about little johny becoming batman.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Perhaps entertaining a kindergartner's idea of their gender ID is an act of idiocy. Keep in mind some kids that age strip down and run around naked, and make no bones about not wanting to wear cloths and also still pee their pants and think they are pirates and princesses.

These teachers at the "academy" need to realize their ideas are not the same ideas of the people who pay their checks. This also cheapens the issue for people who struggle with this problem.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
That is just insane. A kindergarten kid has no idea about sexuality at that age . It would have been more productive and related for the children to have read a book about little johny becoming batman.

Gender identity has nothing to do with sexuality.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I don't believe that story. However if it is true then that mother should be charged with child abuse.

+45 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This article has glossed over the bit that particularly enraged the parents and affected the kids. The teacher literally sent the boy into a closet to change into a girl and then reappear to the rest of the class to be 'baptised' with a new, suitably female name.

Ask yourself, what did you want to be when you were five years old. Then ask the following; did you still want to be the same thing when you reached 18? Or 15? Or 12? Or 7? Or even 20 minutes later!

Adults projecting onto children in this way is outright child abuse. Children DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS CRAP MEANS.

How can a pre pubescent boy make an informed decision on the possibility of being left permanently sterile by the drugs used to prevent puberty in readiness for a sex change operation?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Here we go again.

You'd think with the multitude of threads on Transgender - - the "I really don't want to know" participants would learn something.

But, NO!

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Here we go again.

You'd think with the multitude of threads on Transgender - - the "I really don't want to know" participants would learn something.

But, NO!

Yeah. Always every single time. Just so sad.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Man I try to be reasonable and accepting, but kindergarten seems a bit early..I just don't know if it's appropriate..glad I don't have to deal with these kind's of issues/decisions, kids are easily influenced.
I wonder too about the amount of hormones in our food system..could this be messing kids up?

+25 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
STOP

Kids in Kindergarten have NO idea who they are. If a child in Kindergarten is having issues they need to be in a special class. I don't even want my kid that age to know what sexuality or gender is. They need to be learning to play tag, write their name and tie their shoes not who they want to be or sleep with.

Learn about diversity...these kids cannot even share and YES I can say something about this because I have 3 kids. If my child came home and told me this someone would lose their job.
edit on 08pm31pmf0000002017-08-22T19:30:31-05:000731 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: cheesyleps

Very very well thought out post. True and kids should be let alone. If they want to dress up for a day, who cares. To them a boy putting on a dress is the same as him putting on a police man's hat. They have yet to be perverted with adult sensibilities.

The teachers should not be involved with this.

link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: lordcomac

That's child abuse.

Quite the opposite. It's child abuse to tell the kids that they are something they are not.

brutalist.press...

Thanks for the link, it's a new case to add to my mental archives.

However, I think you should 're read the comments t you responded to. You are both arguing the same point. The other poster is saying that a child that young experiencing confusion is almost certainly doing so due to the actions of its parents which the poster sees as a form of abuse.

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Sounds like brainwashing to me.

I truly feel there is some sort of LGBTQ+ agenda being pushed...

That is not to say I think it's all BS or anything like that.

But kindergarten? Come on...

edit on 8-22-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-22-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: realized I had 'don't' in my 3rd sentence which didn't convey what I meant to say

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: cheesyleps

Parents who talk about their kindergartners ID are not working in that child's best interest and are idiots of a new breed.

+11 more 
link   
teacher and all who support this teacher should be fired

+5 more 
link   

Identifying a child in kindergarten perception of their sex and or sexuality are equally insane.

A child could just as easily identify as batman at that age. This is just insanity.

I don't care if you want to be transgender , but this is child abuse at this age. Most 5 year old have no idea who or what they are at that age.

edit on 36831America/ChicagoTue, 22 Aug 2017 19:36:22 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

They have no idea if they are boy or girl at that age?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I think they know they there is a difference between boys and girls. But to pretend a child that age is struggling with gender ID is akin to them struggling with broccoli. The child is far too young.
edit on 22-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join