It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Has Some Anti Trump Extremists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Let me say that I find many of the left leaning members on ATS to be quite reasonable.

I was shocked to hear that I wasn't on last weekend, and when I came back people were saying ATS was overrun with Nazi defenders.

I asked people to show me where but didn't really see much of it (not saying it didn't happen, but I didn't see them).
I too was called a defender or nazis, white supremacist, or white supremacists.

Didn't bother me; actually it was a relief to see that people like me saying there was violence on both sides were the "nazis" infesting ATS.

But the I started to see something disturbing; I started to see people calling for violence against all of the so called nazi defenders.

I saw members either saying or defending that all trump supporters are fascist defenders, and that they should be fought in any way possible. And further, that if Trump supporters increased or their influence increased, then the violence needs to exist, up to the total annihilation of Trump supporters.

I have yet to see a Trump supporter call for the attacking of Obama or Hillary supporters, and if they increased that we may have to annihilate them.

I find it very disturbing that some members either agree with these sentiments, or make excuses for it, such as "Its just a last defense"

I am not saying it is all or even the majority of ATS members that don't like Trump that believe this, but the fact that some people that we try to have conversations about all sorts of topics either feels this way or defends it (and I don't mean defends the right to say it, I mean claims that it is not a vile thing to think or is excused for some reason) is shocking to me.

I will post the link to one of the threads in question here. The comments start on page 4, as it goes through calling all trump supporters fascists supporters and makes the claim that if they grow strong enough, they must be annihilated in a civil war, even suggesting shooting people.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Examples?

(since you seem BIG on examples)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Triggered snowflake go find a safe space this used to be a conspiracy board not a government worship board

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Im gonna need examples of calling for violence. Anyone doing that deserves a nice little spotlight for our mods to read imo.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You have a point OP.

I dislike Trump and am not impressed with his policies or administration or leadership. Calling him out on that is one thing, calling him a Nazi or anyone that supports him a loser is another. Especially when you consider that his opponent for president was Hillary Clinton.

I get a lot of slack from my liberal friends for not voting for Hillary -I voted Third party cause thought both of those two were Jerks at best criminals at worse. There is no lesser of two evils there...evil is evil and a Jerk is a Jerk.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Just ignore the kids..
They are to young to even know what a NAZI is

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Triggered snowflake go find a safe space this used to be a conspiracy board not a government worship board

YOU are the epitomy of the word "triggered" with that response!

edit on 22-8-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
Im gonna need examples of calling for violence. Anyone doing that deserves a nice little spotlight for our mods to read imo.

The mods don't care lol you should see my private messages

😂😂😂😂

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Now this is some BS.

In the other thread, which I'm sure you are referring and will link to, you took another member's comments out of context in order to push your own little narrative and are still unable to properly defend yourself in that thread.

So you decide to start your own on the topic to push the narrative further?

Poor form.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Oh Im aware... I dont want to call any out and thread drift.... but Ive seen more attention paid to me by certain mods over others... I wonder why sometimes and then a chuckle.

If the mods are missing posts calling for physical violence, Im sure theyd agree they would love to be notified to help

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I don't feel like that...
Even as someone who is vocally "anti Trump" around here if I was American I probably still would have voted for him.

I have yet to see a Trump supporter call for the attacking of Obama or Hillary supporters

Maybe not Hillary or Barrack supporters, but I have seen a few members saying people who attempt to destroy statues should be shot on site...

That's a bit disturbing to me.
Vandalism may be wrong, but it doesn't warrant a bullet...

There is extremists on all sides, and statistically, some of them are guaranteed to sign up to ATS.

Not much we can but but call it out when we see it, as you did with me (re Steve Scalise)...
It's the only way to change minds on the board.

We could ignore them, I guess.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Go back a few hours and read his last thread that got locked.

The posts he linked to I found to be incredibly cloying. I had to re read them to verify what they seem to be espousing.

The poster actually did call for Trump supporters to be wiped off the planet. I'm barely paraphrasing.

link   
I am getting sick of the endless virtue signalling this past week has begun.

If you want to defend something as supposedly core American as free speech, you have to always preface it with something like "no one is supporting white supremacy."

One used to think such things were given, but I am going to go out on a limb here and link it with the OP. There is that pervasive desire to call the president fascist and then link in all his supporters as being a like-mined monolith. There is that undercurrent.

It's not everyone, but it is there, and I've even seen some of the resident leftists here talking about having been bitten by it because they haven't gone all-in.
edit on 22-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   
Herd mentality, sheep are easily lead.

If anything, this makes one resilient to their actions. Mistakes happen sometimes, we just have to remember our sanity and humanity.

I've learned alot and recently, have decided to be a bit more humble on the boards here.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Would you like some cheese to go with this whine? You were proven wrong in that other thread so you need a new one? Pfft.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: RomeByFire

YOU are the epitomy of the word "triggered" with that response!

You seem triggered

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Oh please. The right is worshiping Trump. Just like the Left did Obama.

For example, Obamas vacations. FOX was practically apoplectic about Obama taking "a vacation every 5 minutes".

However Trump has taken so many vacations he's drained the money out of the Secret Service.

Where is the apoplexy? Where is the outrage? If a president taking too many vacations is a big deal, where is the outrage on Trumps vacations?

All I hear is crickets.

link   

originally posted by: TomLawless
a reply to: bknapple32

Go back a few hours and read his last thread that got locked.

The posts he linked to I found to be incredibly cloying. I had to re read them to verify what they seem to be espousing.

The poster actually did call for Trump supporters to be wiped off the planet. I'm barely paraphrasing.

Sounds like I missed some fireworks. Im "working" So I need folks to make this one easy on me.. link?

link   
The sad part is that said person has been found guilty of hating on a gay guy but still pretends that he is a good guy.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Don't trigger him bro.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join