It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Psychological Profile of the Alt-Right

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There're Establishment Democrats, Establishment Republicans & the Alternative Right (Alt-Right or alternative to Establishment Republicans). Imo, the Alt-Right mainly consists of conservatives, who have a Libertarian/Constitutionalist political view. I see little difference between Establishment Republican & Establishment Democrat politicians a.k.a. career politicians. The only reason the Alt-right exists is because many conservatives realized that the GOP is not really conservative & that both the GOP & DNC are corrupt to their fascist/communist cores. The main difference is there is an Alt-Right but no Alt-left. Large financial supporters of the DNC, like Soros, fund hate groups like Antifa, BLM, La Raza (The Race) & the Muslim Brotherhood, which are just, as bad as, White supremacist hate groups. The difference being, there are many more individuals who belong to hate groups like Antifa, BLM, La Raza (The Race) & the Muslim Brotherhood vs. those who are White Supremacists. The Muslim Brotherhood aligns closest with Nazis. The Brotherhood's founder, al-Banna, was a devout admirer of Adolf Hitler and the Nazi regime.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
What is considered Alt-right? I'd like to know if I fit in your category the left made up for people who voted for Trump.

The Left did not create that term. Those that consider themselves alt-Right made it up.

So who leads the alt-right? Is there anyone that actually owned up to identifying with the "Alt-Right? What is the alt-right's goals/purpose?

If you really need to ask that, you need to go and educate yourself, man.

We're not your parents. We're not your teachers.

It's no one fault - but your own - that you haven't followed current events over the last year and a half because the "alt-right," take themselves VERY seriously.

Who leads them and what are their purposes? That's pretty basic.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Alt-right adherents were much more distrustful of the mainstream media and government;

Like everyone here. Or is it that we just don't believe everything told to us?

expressed higher Dark Triad traits,

Triads are Chinese gangs. hat's all I know.

social dominance orientation, and authoritarianism;

We're bosses, administrators, leaders in our respective fields.

reported high levels of aggression;

So we're not passive. Meh.

and exhibited extreme levels of overt intergroup bias,

WTF does that mean?

including blatant dehumanization of racial minorities.

WTF does that mean? And what if some of us ARE minorities?

I've been called alt-right and other things by too many here. I never knew I was. I always thought I was a Classical Liberal.

This report is full of poo.

In my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I'm just amazed you got 20 flags the way this site is so far to the right.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Cluster analyses suggest that alt-right supporters may separate into two subgroups: one more populist and anti-establishment and the other more supremacist and motivated by maintaining social hierarchy.

And there it is... their admission that these are actually two different sets of people.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I fall within the Psychopathic Narcissistic group. I've also got the third trait of the dark triad, Machiavellianism. I'm a violent maniac that loves to spoon.
edit on 23-8-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You are a Classical Liberal. Alt-Right is a confusing and new "label" which has more to do with neo-Nazi types than simple conservatism. They named themselves this (Richard Spencer did I think) and Breitbart helped make it a household name but without the White Nationalist/Supremacist definition, so thus the confusion. At least that is what I remember...I may be confused...

*types on phone*

Ah yes, here it is!

Richard B Spencer - Alt-Right

Spencer and others have said that he created the term "alt-right",[6] which he considers a movement about white identity.[7][8][9] Breitbart News described Spencer's website AlternativeRight.com as "a center of alt-right thought."[10]

And...

Richard Bertrand Spencer (born May 11, 1978) is an American white supremacist.[1] He is president of the National Policy Institute, a white supremacist think tank, as well as Washington Summit Publishers. Spencer has stated that he rejects the label of white supremacist, and prefers to describe himself as an identitarian.[2][3][4] He has advocated for a white homeland for a "dispossessed white race" and called for "peaceful ethnic cleansing" to halt the "deconstruction" of European culture.[5]

So I think the study might be referring to folks like him moreso than the general "conservative right" or even a general Trump voter, unless they also subscribe to Spencer's ideology or some similar thing.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Sometimes it's easy to say things when under blackmail.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
It also goes a way to disprove the claim that the majority marching in Charlottesville for UtR were not racist.

Just out of sheer curiosity, where has it been claimed that the majority of the UtR protestors were not racist? I know that it's been claimed that some on both sides were decent people, and that some were there simply to protest the removal of a statue with no racist or other motivations, but who has said that the racist white-supremacists in UtR were the minority?
edit on 23-8-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I've seen people on here question others referring to the UtR protesters as Nazis or White Supremacists. RIght after the protest I saw a number of people stating that there was a difference between White Supremacists and White Nationalists and that the UtR protesters were the latter.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: AboveBoard

Sometimes it's easy to say things when under blackmail.

Huh. I'm sure you have proof of that and some legitimate references? Or is this something you just made up?

Bring it if you've got it...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Triads are Chinese gangs. hat's all I know.

The Dark Triad traits are Psychopathy, Narcissism, and Machiavellianism.

We're bosses, administrators, leaders in our respective fields.

Like guys that work at hot dog stands in California?

So we're not passive. Meh.

I'd argue there's a difference between being proactive and aggressive.

WTF does that mean?

Intergroup bias means you are biased toward people within your own group over people outside your group. Overt means they are not trying to hide the bias. And I hope I don't need to define extreme for you.

WTF does that mean? And what if some of us ARE minorities?

It means they believe that minority groups are less than human. In this study this was demonstrated when the Alt-Right participants generally labeled minority groups as being less evolved than modern humans.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I've seen people on here question others referring to the UtR protesters as Nazis or White Supremacists. RIght after the protest I saw a number of people stating that there was a difference between White Supremacists and White Nationalists and that the UtR protesters were the latter.

White Nationalists are an umbrella group/ideology. White Supremacists and Seperatists are sub-groups.

That's what the wiki says anyway!
White Nationalism

White nationalism is a type of nationalism or pan-nationalism which holds the belief that white people are a race[1] and seeks to develop and maintain a white national identity.[2][3][4] Its proponents identify with and are attached to the concept of a white nation.[5]

White nationalists say they seek to ensure the survival of the white race, and the cultures of historically white states. They hold that white people should maintain their majority in majority-white countries, maintain their political and economic dominance, and that their cultures should be foremost.[4]

Many white nationalists believe that miscegenation, multiculturalism, immigration of nonwhites and low birth rates among whites are threatening the white race,[6] and some argue that it amounts to white genocide.[6]

And...

White separatism and white supremacy are subgroups of white nationalism. Separatists seek a white-only state; supremacists believe that white people are superior to nonwhites,[4] taking ideas from social Darwinism and Nazism.[7]

Both subgroups generally avoid the term supremacy because it has negative connotations.[8]

So if that's right, a WN could also be a White Supremicist or Separatist.

KKK = White Nationalist / White Supremicist

White Pride = possibly only WN but may also be WS

People themselves are best at knowing what they believe.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

If you see the Vice video with the embedded reporter, it's clear they thought other races were subhuman.

Vice News - Charlottesville

They were also clearly chanting "Jews Will Not Replace Us" so that was kind of a hint??

I dunno. Seems like Supremacy to me...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Excellent post. I was trying to remember the specifics of those definitions!

Thank you!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Hmmm...sounds like that anecdotal evidence is flimsy at best, referencing such a tiny minority of people that it is statistically insignificant.

But I will concede that, even if only one person made that claim, logic without the need for this report goes a long way in proving such a statement false. I've just never read it myself, and I've been following along with these oft-ridiculous Charlottesville-related threads.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
There's no such thing as Alt-Right. What the EU and EU leaning burocrats call Alt-Right is simply the good old America, that defeated the British Empire, the Nazis and the Fascists. Nothing more! Provocations staged by fanatics and the KKK are an attempt to disrupt the restoration of the US constitution.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join