It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statue Elections

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Why does everyone have to always be satisfied by everything now?

My answer would be that this mentality, of always being satisfied is drummed into the American public on a daily basis. The hedonism that is poured over us like molasses by every stinking commercial is all about satisfying yourself. TV shows must leave people satisfied for their hour spent. Movies must satisfy our desire for action or horror or thrills a minute or sexy people or they don't make money. You know this, I know this and we both know it ain't gonna happen.
But Ket, isn't that what compromise is about, the fact that we can never satisfy everyone? Isn't that what politics should be about. Working together to find a common acceptable solution. Not this my way or the highway we are seeing now.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Spacespider

And the people who wants them gone are the same that wants freedom of speech
But they cannot see they are destroying that by censuring history in the streets

I do not disagree. But can't we come up with a better solution, a compromise to partially satisfy all sides of the issue?

And that is the simplest of all answers. Simply walk on by. However the thing about symbols is that one mans sacred symbol is another mans demonic.

Sure, dont look at it, or do

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So ... are we going to start movement to censure Italy for continuing to exalt a massive monument to the torture and slaughter of untold thousands of slaves and prisoners and massive cruelty to animals?

When are we going to all get suddenly outraged by the Roman Colosseum?

Funny you should bring this up. My wife just returned from a trip to Italy. She was thrilled by the old wreck of a blood palace. Me? I stayed home because I had no desire to see first hand that monument to mans passed ignorance. But tear it down, just because I don't like it? Nah. Same goes for statues of Lee or who ever. I agree that this tearing down stuff is rotten.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join