It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Points To Ponder About the War In Afghanistan Being Prolonged Indefinitely By Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
On last night's "Rachel Maddow Show," guest speaker Chris Matthews, Host of "Hard Ball" stated of the War In Afghanistan, which he characterized as a war of attrition: "I don't think that its morally justified to stay in a war to keep someone's political scalp from being taken."

I agree with that statement by Mr. Matthews. Donald Trump, no doubt, wants to make it through a full four-year term in office and probably has re-election concerns on his mind as well.

However, there is always much more to such things than meets the eyes.

It has not been noted in the media for many years now, and no one has been raising this very pertinent question: just who is providing armaments to the Taliban and other so-called insurgents at great financial gain? War, you know, is big business for eager profiteers.

Minor mention was made long ago that it was Russian interests who provide such armaments to the opposition, and then this whole issue went totally silent.

Another point that is no longer being made is that, historically, Afghanistan has been the world’s number one producer of opium and heroin. You no longer hear anything about this on the news anymore. What you do hear is an attempt to have Americans believe that the heroin, that fuels its severe heroin epidemic, is brought across the southern border from points of origin in South America.

Now, who has a big hand in the heroin trade out of Afghanistan? Why, it is none other than Russian interests, the Russian mafia to be more exact.

Who benefits from the influx of big, big money into Russia by way of the armaments and heroin trade with Afghanistan? Why, it’s none other than Russian President Vladimir Putin, his billionaire oligarch cronies, and the whole Russian economy.

Now, guess who is a very close pal of Vladimir Putin and who just announced, in a major policy shift, the prolonging of the War In Afghanistan INDEFINITELY with no long term strategy in mind?

GUESS WHO? GUESS WHO? GUESS WHO?

Guess who, about whom there was speculation, may be under the yoke of Putin blackmail having been implicated, at least on the periphery, in big time financial misdeeds in Kazakhstan and in the former Soviet Republic, Georgia?

And remember, per the “Rachel Maddow Show:” whatever Putin wants, Putin gets!”

Guess who, in major international diplomacy missteps, had shifted attention to Pakistan and India regarding the conflict in Afghanistan while remaining totally silent on the Russia-related issues associated with that conflict?

'nuff said.
edit on 22-8-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Added a comma.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

He was elected for destruction. He's fulfilling what his supporters wanted. Raptures and nuclear war for the others.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

You're going to get torn to shreds over your source.

But when she's on, she's on.

She connected a whole lot of dots when Trump chose Scott Pruitt as Captain Planet.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Not only 'nuff said, but altogether too much said...

guess who is a very close pal of Vladimir Putin and who just announced, in a major policy shift, the prolonging of the War In Afghanistan INDEFINITELY with no long term strategy in mind?

So Trump is Putin's "close pal" now, because...Russian collusion (for which there is no evidence)!

Last night, the POTUS delivered a very clear regional strategy to deal with Afghanistan and Pakistan, and other strategic partners - and said that the U.S. will leave Afghanistan when the job is done there, not on some arbitrary timetable (like Obama did in Iraq).

He also made clear that he was not only going to go after the terrorists in Afghanistan and Pakistan, but also the criminal elements there (an obvious reference to the Opium problem).

Take off the partisan blinkers for a bit, listen again to the President's address, and you may come away with an entirely different impression.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Frankly, the question of who is supplying the Afghan insurgency with weaponry, is one whose answer is the same as it is for ISIS and every other bunch of misbegotten proxy puppets.

All the supplies and funding for terror funnel themselves back, often through convoluted channels, mostly to Britain and America. Russia may have some involvement, but do not for one moment think that Osamas old mob are anything other than the CIA puppets they started out as. They might not KNOW they are, but that does not change the fact.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough
Another point that is no longer being made is that, historically, Afghanistan has been the world’s number one producer of opium and heroin. You no longer hear anything about this on the news anymore. What you do hear is an attempt to have Americans believe that the heroin, that fuels its severe heroin epidemic, is brought across the southern border from points of origin in South America.

Personally I have never heard it has been coming from south america. I have only heard people talk about it getting dropped off to mexican cartels from our military from afghanistan, then brought into america.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

You're going to get torn to shreds over your source.

But when she's on, she's on.

She connected a whole lot of dots when Trump chose Scott Pruitt as Captain Planet.

I came upon revelations about armament sales to insurgents and the Afghan heroin trade years before I ever came upon the "Rachel Maddow Show."

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
It is said the definition of madness is repeating the same action while expecting a different outcome.

There will surely be victory this time.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
Not only 'nuff said, but altogether too much said...

guess who is a very close pal of Vladimir Putin and who just announced, in a major policy shift, the prolonging of the War In Afghanistan INDEFINITELY with no long term strategy in mind?

Take off the partisan blinkers for a bit, listen again to the President's address, and you may come away with an entirely different impression.

It is non-partisan to know that The Donald is a dishonest, shifty, shifty, lying, self-centered fraudster.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Afghanistan is not called the graveyard of empires for nothing.

Every nation that has tried to subdue gets stuck in a quagmire .

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I'd turn off the 'Talking Heads' and dig around YourSelf..

In 2001 when 'TheTaliban™' was in-charge, Afghanistan produced 7% of the world's opium. Since "TheWar™" it has increased quite dramatically.

See chart: en.wikipedia.org...

www.businessinsider.com...

There was also a thread where it was revealed that ALL those BRAND NEW white Toyotas that were driven by ISIS™ were paid for by the US State Dep't.

Since the opium has EXPANDED---- The US has had an increase in opiate pain medication deaths/arrests and then Heroin deaths arrests..

Was there any heroin imported during the Vietnam War? How did that happen? Who was behind that?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Excellent post!!

Add to that the "all talk and no action" he's demonstrated with N. Korea, another asset in Mr. Putin's portfolio. "Fire And Fury Like The World Has Never Seen Before". Ugh!!

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The Taliban was created by the Pakistani intelligence service (ISI) as their force to achieve influence. Pakistan will be in Afghanistan longer than uncle Sam will be in Afghanistan and they have no interest in the USAs objectives in the region being achieved.

They are also totally corrupt, riddled at all levels with hard-line Islamists and a nuclear power. I don't see how they can be made to suddenly behave themselves and be a genuine ally.

The only way this makes sense to me is if its posturing in advance of cutting a deal with the Taliban from a position of strength. Something Pakistan might actually help with.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Chris Matthews, Host of "Hard Ball" stated of the War In Afghanistan, which he characterized as a war of attrition: "I don't think that its morally justified to stay in a war to keep someone's political scalp from being taken."

Oh, Now he bashes the endless war there, blaming it on Trump. Just like the thread title. People should be aware that Afghanistan is not 'Trumps fault'. Its yours for sitting idly by and letting your gubment run rogue over the worlds landscape.

Edit: The Opium trade is one aspect of the Afghan enterprise. Blaming that on Putin makes this thread the special crap thread of the day. The US threw stingers at Russian jets back in 1980, the start of US involvement in that un-subjugated country, that remains defiant to this day. The US took over there, Long before Trump got blamed for it. Thats when the whole threat of International Terrorism began, the birth of groups like Al Qaeda, the Taliban, and ISIS.

Now Deflect from the New Surge, that theres no plan in Afghanistan, except to shed more American Blood and burn trillions of defense dollars, making the Factories for War ever richer at your expense.

edit on 22-8-2017 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Okay. I will take the Deep State for 800 Alex.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: timidgal

Add to that the "all talk and no action" he's demonstrated with N. Korea, another asset in Mr. Putin's portfolio. "Fire And Fury Like The World Has Never Seen Before". Ugh!!

All talk and no action? Do you get your news from Madcow also? Smh.

You noticed that North Korea did not act, which would have caused a reaction.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Please show me where any of his "actions" have been. I'm talking about actions other than firing anyone in.his cabinet that disobeys.him or constant tweets that border on the juvenile.

And oh, N Korea did react the next day by letting the world know that they have the ability to put nuclear warheads on some of those ICBM missles. Does that not up the ante at all? I would think that some "action" might be justified. I guess I'll just have to watch Guam and the US Pacific coast to see how this continues.to escalate.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Are you saying Trump has been running the show the entire time Obama and Bush were presidents?

You are blinded by hate and sound like a hysterical child seeking attention. Turn off the tv and enjoy the real world. Politics doesn't seem to be your strong suit.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

If you are watching Maddow and friends types then don't be surprised that they along with other MSM don't talk about this stuff . 1st fact is that the poppy production was at a record low prior to the US/NATO invasion .Now its at a record high .

Now, who has a big hand in the heroin trade out of Afghanistan? Why, it is none other than Russian interests, the Russian mafia to be more exact.
Why would US/NATO be guarding a Russian enterprise ? something is not right with that picture unless you are talking about X Russians now living in the US or other parts of the west . Lionel has it correct

edit on 22-8-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I think Lionel nailed it with "Trump got spooked.".

A day or 2 ago my friend sent me an email where they were saying they didn't have the funds for the Secret Service to protect Trump and his family, and I was like WTF? When the hell has that ever happened in our countries history and who was behind that decision?????

Then late yesterday, he gives in to the Military Industrial complex.......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join