It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Explosion heard in Madrid

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
A car bomb has exploded near the entrance to a convention centre in Madrid.

The country's King and Queen, along with Mexico's President Vincento Fox, were due to open a major art exhibition at the centre later today.

At least 10 people are reported to have suffered light injuries.

The Basque separatist group ETA is reported to have warned it was planning an attack.

for now that is all the information i can get my hands on...

source:
skynews.co.uk

[edit on 9-2-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
more links to this story:

rte.ie
cnn
reuters

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Mexico's President Vincento Fox was just involved in a huge drug scandal, I wonder if this was an assasination attempt and somehow related.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Madrid is in spain correct? If so this could just be the start of a bigger attack.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   

The king and queen of Spain and Mexican President Vicente Fox were scheduled to open an art exhibition at the convention center several hours later.

yes,
the mexian president is supposed to open an exibition in this centre.
well i guess, he wont open it now,
nor several hours later...

and yes,
madrid is spain,
and spain is in europe.

one more thing:
this convention centre is called Inferno.
now thats a little bit too ironic!

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Ok, thank you. I just wanted to make sure I had all my facts down. This is the same place as the train bombing right? thats is why I say there will be more then just a single car bomb.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Its probably the work of ETA. They have become more active over the last month.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
yes,
its madrid,
the same place where train bombs went off.

and today they got a phone warning before the explosion,
so thats why probably there is nobody dead.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Well whatdoyaknow? So let me get this straight, The spanish people caved in to terrorism, voted out thier governement, pulled thier troops out of iraq, dennced the US, and the terrorist's didn't stop attacking?
Say it isn't so!

Thats what happens when you cave in, you tell the terrorists "we are too weak to fight you or oppose you so come in and take over"
Wekaness breeds war, strength breeds peace.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
No, mwm, that is what happens when you tell the world you don't want to play their silly arse war games. You either get demonized by right wing nut jobs, like France did, or you get dragged into it by the actions of clandestine pseudo terrorists, like Mossad.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Damn twitchy now yor claiming that the mossad is responsible for this bombing? Or are they resonsible for the train bombings?
You dont need any evidence to see the real truth twitchy I wish I was that pshycic.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Uh no, I think i used the term like which is a simile. Here let me help you out with that...
dictionary.reference.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
So then you admit you are claiming that these acts were carried out by "psuedo-terrorists" correct?
In other words you believe this was an act comitted by someone who wanted it to look like a terrorist act but was not actually associated with ETA, Al queda, or any other terrorist organisation?

Occcams Razor twitchy,
The spanish people displayed weakness, and now they are known prey and prey gets eaten.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
No, twitchy, he's right. Show weakness and you are nothing more than a corpse to be fed upon on the plains. As far as France, it doesn't take a right wing nutjob to recognize what spirit motivates it. I hadn't stopped and thought about it long enough to determine it was demonic, but I'll take your word for it. You're pretty observant. How long have you been a Bill O'Reilly follower?
By the way, was Germany and Russia demonized, too, or were people only weighing the motivations and finding them wanting, just like they did France?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Mossad and Spain have had their sorted history...
lists.jammed.com...
It is well known that Mossad and the CIA and other government agencies from around the world actively participate in these kinds of operations. Please don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about, as I'd be glad to educate you. Hell Israel was busted setting up a fake Alqeda cell in the West Bank, is it so hard to believe that right after they back out of Iraq, they suffer a massive terrorist act at the hands of those who have a vested interest in perpetuating this war on terror? It happens every day.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
So being a victim in an act of terrorism shows weakness? Boy you guys are really that far gone.

Bill O'Reilly? Nah, I try not to feed off of mainstream anything if I can help it.

EDIT: Dig around, intersting stuff if you don't mind the reading...
www.google.com...

www.google.com...

[edit on 9-2-2005 by twitchy]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Police said a Basque newspaper received a warning in the name of the separatist group, ETA, 30 minutes before the blast.

accodring to RTE news, it is the work of ETA,
since they called to warn them.
even if they were some other "pseudo-terrorists",
ETA will be the one to blame for this attack in the end.

but who is really behind the attack,
we can only speculate,
and argue about.

i think its ETA too,
and that they have some unfinished business,
with this mexian president...

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Thomas, mwm, others
There is a big difference between mythical al qaeda boogeymen and very real, very dangerous basque seperatists. There was terrorism in Spain long before 9/11. There will continue to be terrorism long after the current mid east debacle ends, so long as the seperatists don't get their wishes. Terrorism is in many cases a legitimate response to the overwhelming, draconian state response to dissenting views. In other cases it's a knee jerk response, reactionary violence without a well defined mission and therefore no hope of success. I don't know enough about the Basque movement to place them in either category.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Twitchy have you ever heard of a "sting" operation?
How exactly would you expect intelligence agencies to catch and find terrorists, by putting an ad in the help wanted section?
I wouldn't be surprised if half of the so called "pro jihad" websites are set up by the US as an intelligence gathering tool.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Twitchy , wyrdeone - No being the victim of a terrorist attack doesn't make you weak, caving in to terrorism and doing what the terrorists want as a result of an terrorist attack makes you weak.
Whether this was AQ or ETA is irelevant. By giving in to the train attacks it showed every terrorist group worldwide that spain is weak, and the weak are always the best targets for these kinds of murderers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join