It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect or Switching Timelines - Charlottesville

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
So, I have an interesting story that I wanted to share. I became aware of the events that unfolded in Charlottesville right before I had to go to work. I had enough time to read a few articles related to the car attack but not enough time to watch any of the videos. What I do remember is that the car was reported as being a Dodge Charger and not a Dodge Challenger. No deaths were reported at this point; many were reported as injured. As soon as I get to work a co-worker and I are start talking about the incident. I admit that I haven't had read too much on the matter yet. He showed me the video and I immediately saw this attack at terrorism, let there be no mistake. In my free time at work I was reading article after article... each time it was a Dodge Charger. The pictures were also that of a Dodge Charger. I can spot the difference.

It was later reported that plates were from Ohio and something about this didn't sit right with me. I remember talking with a couple co-workers about how the make of car was interesting for this style of attack. Usually stolen cars or rental vehicles have been used for these style of attack in Europe. In this instance someone was using there own sports car to conduct this attack. I find it highly suspect that someone would use a $30,000 automobile that they had every intentions of driving home, states away, to conduct this attack. Either way during these conversations; the model of the car was brought up each time.... it was a Dodge Charger.

I get home and then started the incessant need to read every article and watch every video I can find. It's all still reading as Dodge Charger... the pictures are of a Dodge Charger. I find out more of the suspect that's been apprehended. Do the necessary background research to realize how the car was afforded to a 20 year old... some kind of fund his father left him in which he demanded when he had turned 18.

Most twenty year olds love their cars. Maybe I can't understand crazy, but I still can't wrap my mind around why a kid would intentionally destroy the car he has to use to drive home. If it was pre-meditated a rented or stolen vehicle would have been a better option. That's when I had the idea that maybe the car was symbolic in some manner. Follow me for a second here:

Dodge Charger
He charged into a crowd of people
The General Lee was a Dodge Charger was in the Dukes of Hazard
The protest was about the removal of a General Lee statue

I was immediately shocked by this coincidence. I immediately returned to the news articles:

The car is now being reported as a Dodge Challenger. I immediately was like "Now way, photos..." and yup, you guessed it they are all of a Dodge Challenger.

I since have spoken with each of my co-workers and each of us finds this weird. I cant say that each of my co-workers spent as much time as me reading about the occurrence. While they remember me talking about a Dodge Charger; I don't think they are as committed to say what I believe occurred.
The car may have been mistakenly reported as a Dodge Charger early on; some eyewitness said it was a Mustang... this I've read. I certain believe my co-workers have been able to dismiss it, but not me. Over a week later I'm still thinking about this.

Imagine if the timeline I laid out happened and the car was a Dodge Charger. This is sort of like a immediate Mandela effect if more people remember the car as being a Dodge Charger versus a Dodge Challenger. Most Mandela effects it seems take years to manifest... this is quite different indeed. To me it feels as if I've switch timelines. When this story became filled with too much observed coincidence and became quite ludicrous my consciousness literally rejected it and the timeline switched as if it were a glitch erasing all trace of it. The only trace of it is in my head unless other people remember it this way. I do believe we live in a simulation and can explain it in terms of the coding being changed.

I cant wait to hear opinions. Thanks.

edit on 22-8-2017 by SuperJosephed because: wouldnt let me use a word; the word was "head"

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Wait a minute... wtf...

Just yesterday it was Charlotteshaven...

Hmm.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Wtf... really? That's crazy. I live in Virginia so I know it as Charlottesville. It's a beautiful town. But yeah; never heard of Charlotteshaven.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperJosephed
Wtf... really? That's crazy. I live in Virginia so I know it as Charlottesville. It's a beautiful town. But yeah; never heard of Charlotteshaven.

Well since you asked, no. I was being sarcastic because I don't buy into the Mandela Effect whatsoever. The sarcastic jab was my way of sharing my opinion.

ETA: Thanks for sharing, just the same.

Cheers!

edit on 8-22-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

originally posted by: SuperJosephed

Well since you asked, no. I was being sarcastic because I don't buy into the Mandela Effect whatsoever. The sarcastic jab was my way of sharing my opinion.

ETA: Thanks for sharing, just the same.

Cheers!

Wait! It's not Charlottesweb?

Man he was right with that song, Oh the times they are a differing...

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Apparently you can't tell the two apart. But lets take a stab at this.
One of the most well known dodge vehicle of all time was the.... Charger. You said you didnt have a chance to read alot. So im assuming you skimed a bit and saw dodge charger. Because your brain had already made that connection that is what you countinued to see or maybe as you read because of the way we read your brain picked up on the "c" in the beginning of the word and "r" at the end.
Just a thought. And you asked for opinions.

But i was watching the news shortly after the attack. They said charger.

edit on 22-8-2017 by Somethingsamiss because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2017 by Somethingsamiss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Oh man- Nice one. Wish I had thought of that! Haha.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I heard it was a Dodge Charger myself. Immediately upon watching the videos, I knew it was a challenger. Chargers are 4 door, challenger's are 2 door. I think they may have released a 2 door version of the charger this year, but the reported car was an older version.
I started reading various reports on the incident and every one I found said it was a challenger.

I think it was just a common mistake.
Especially for non Mopar fans.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Dodge Charger / Challenger could easily get swapped/misplaced in the memory bank -- both having six letters in common, and almost similar pronunciation.

Say the following out loud: "Dodge Cha...ger." See?
Remembering something wrong isn't that uncommon.

edit on 22-8-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Honestly I think this kid got swamped by the crowd and stupidly tried to ram his way out. Whether he wanted to kill or he thought everyone would magically get out of the way is anyones guess

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It was a Charger. I looked and looked and looked at it. Then I had a conversation with my companion about the subject which launched into talking about the movie Vanishing Point which features a Dodge Charger. All the articles said Charger.
It looked like a Charger. It spawned the Vanishing Point conversations. This is the first I'm hearing Challenger.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It was first misreported as a Charger, then as a Challenger. Even as the still picture of the car was still on the screen clearly showing the front grille of a Challenger, the reporters still referred to it as a Charger.

Perhaps that is what you're remembering?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperJosephed

Well Theguardian say it was a Dodge Charger in this article
www.theguardian.com...

edit on 22-8-2017 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperJosephed

when a major incident occurs and the media reports on it. At first the reports aren't written in stone so information could be incorrect. The media isn't what it use to be, they're more about getting first than being correct in their reporting. Once the dust settles then the reporting becomes "accurate". The reports of it being a charger rather than a challenger may have transpired but it was probably just an error in reporting that was later cleared up. So probably not a Mandela effect.

join