It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Done With The Left's Nonsense

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Your argument is interesting. In that same vein, we should erect new monuments to continue America's legacy of violence. Statues of Adam Lanza, Ted Bundy, Jeffery Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy. They can be works of art we can revere forever and ever. After all, most of us weren't affected by them personally, so it's okay.
edit on 22-8-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus
God rant...

Like the Nazis who would love to tear down the likes of Auschwitz there are those with money and power (George Soros) who want to destroy our history, erase it from the minds of the people so that history can more easily be repeated...

The protesters only think they know why they are protesting...They're just following the pied pipers...

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Then you do you agree we should destroy the statue of the Soviet soldier in Berlin which is a symbol of the Soviet rape of Berlin and Stalin's atrocities ?

Without the statue, many people would have never thought about the innocent girls and women that got raped by occupying Soviet forces.
edit on 8/22/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Personally, I was raised by Baptist to hate Catholics because they worship false images. And yet, those good ole southern Baptist sho do like their false images.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Your argument is interesting. In that same vein, we should erect new monuments to continue America's legacy of violence.

I suggest a statue of an ipad, a hammer and Chris Stevens being raped after he was murdered.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisrealI

It would be even better if we could include the act as part of the monument. Adam putting a bullet in a 6-year-old's head, Bundy raping a college student while strangling her, Dahmer eating the body parts of his young male victim, Columbus chopping the hands off of a native. So we can reeeaaallly get a good sense of the history.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Your argument is interesting. In that same vein, we should erect new monuments to continue America's legacy of violence.

I suggest a statue of an ipad, a hammer and Chris Stevens being raped after he was murdered.

Now you're talking! Dead and charred bodies from the Oklahoma City bombing. Someone getting their face blown up from the unibomber. All over the country, monuments to America's legacy of violence. Very cool.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

A good one would be George Bush Jr with the inscription: You're either with us or with the enemy - chiseled with that deceptive smirk he displayed when warming up for the TV interview just before he hammered Iraq.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
These cretins are just like ISIS, waddling through countries destroying their history simply because they can and they know it will enrage people. I rate this like the book burning etc utterly contemptible behaviour by people that are socially inept.

Fed up with all this horrendous millennial liberal points of view about sexuality, race etc there's even a group now trying to normalise paedophilia, seriously they are out there and accusing others of being paedophobic..

These vermin want to appease every one...

And I'm NOT joking about the paedophobic bit...

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MissCoyote

W don't say he discovered America. We say he discovered the AMERICAS.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
In 2017, we should be BEYOND DNA.....beyond what color we are......we should be all Americans. Tight-knit and caring towards one another.

But we're not... beyond racism and hatred.

I am currently dating a black woman. When we go out in public on a date or just wherever, I see the racism and hatred that she has to deal with on a daily basis.

While I'm appalled by the destruction and vandalism of national monuments, I'm also aware that most of the Confederate monuments across the South were raised during periods of Civil Rights movements in an attempt to disenfranchise black folks. They were erected in prominent locations, town squares, in front of court houses, etc. Most favor simply moving those statues to more appropriate locations.

Think about it this way; do the Germans still have Nazi monuments displayed in public locations? No. Did they forget their history? No. Was their history erased by the removal of all things Nazi? No.

Your anger is misdirected. The Columbus monument vandalism is awful, I agree with you on that point but to have so much anger towards an entire group of people for the actions of a few is stupid.

I don't hate the entire Right because of the actions of a few misguided meat-heads in Charlottesville. I hope that you will re-assess your current state of mind and watch your blood pressure.

From a moderate Liberal...

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Your argument is interesting. In that same vein, we should erect new monuments to continue America's legacy of violence. Statues of Adam Lanza, Ted Bundy, Jeffery Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy. They can be works of art we can revere forever and ever. After all, most of us weren't affected by them personally, so it's okay.

The lefts nonsensical argument fails to talk about the biggest monument of them ALL built off the backs of slaves.

The party of the donkey.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

...we should be all Americans.

No.

We should all just be HUMANS. Forget the nations, forget the colours, forget patriotism.
We should be working together as ONE RACE, because WE ARE ONE RACE.

The rest is a nice rant, though. I just take issue with everyone being Americans. Maybe the First Americans, or Native Americans, since, you know, they actually cared for the land.

that's my rant on the rant.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

This is what you get when outside influences like George Soros divides our nation. The next move is to come in amid the chaos and buy things for penny on the dollar.

This isn't an alt-right vs alt-left thing. This is an elite deep state taking us over thing.
edit on 22-8-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

ISIS are just mercenaries doing the dirty work for the elite.…our controllers and Lucerferian demons on this earth.
edit on 22-8-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jephers0n

...we should be all Americans.

No.

We should all just be HUMANS. Forget the nations, forget the colours, forget patriotism.
We should be working together as ONE RACE, because WE ARE ONE RACE.

The rest is a nice rant, though. I just take issue with everyone being Americans. Maybe the First Americans, or Native Americans, since, you know, they actually cared for the land.

that's my rant on the rant.

Actually I disagree with that so much. We are all humans, fine. But we are not all the same, nor should we be. Oh god I imagine a future where we all have shaved heads and wear grey overalls, nevermind if female, male, hispanic, black or Norwegian. We are by law required to be exactly the same.

No more interesting differing cultural habits, no more learning different languages, no laughter when sitting together as friends about generalisation of any heritage.

Give me a gun in that case, I'll shoot myself. I was an au-pair in Paris and the school we went to had so many different nationalities that we had to try and talk in french. We all went out together. The Mexican, The Spanish. teh German, teh Danish, the Russian and the guy from Uruguay. The fun we had that day and the jokes we cracked brought us all together thanks to our DIFFERENCES.

I would never ask to get rid of them but to teach kids [who know already] that good cultures can learn from each other and can laugh together whilst keeping their identities. Go away with banning differences. Pfffft.

edit on 22-8-2017 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Columbus was just one of many early explorers who were brutal to the people they encountered. Senseless deaths never served a purpose. Yet we always manage to build monuments to them anyway. Hell, we named a library after clinton didn't we? Some of these explorers did manage to do what they set out to do. Some with skill and effort others by accident. Why is it we choose to focus on the evils and make their accomplishments nothing more than footnotes? People have treated each other poorly since the beginning of time. If we tear down every statue belonging to a people who mistreated others there would be none left. Not a single one. And what would it change?

How we got where we are today is a matter of historical record. Nothing more. It is where we go from here that matters. I know what happened a hundred, a thousand years ago. I am sorry that happened. But if someone swings at me or my family today, they will lose. History will not make me stand idly by and watch someone hurt my loved ones. My response will be quick and final. You won't get a second chance.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The left has no more to do with the morons doing this dumb crap than the right has to do with the far fringe of it's party. A vocal minority. Most of the left, like most of the right, has nothing but contempt for the extreme fringes of their respective parties.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm personally a socially left-leaning person....

...HOWEVER, I'd have to agree that the radical left is a dangerous faction in the United States and elsewhere. I mean, sometimes the ideas of the radical left seem to be getting dangerously close to George Orwell's "Thought Police".

Like I said, I'm a liberal guy (socially liberal-to-moderate, fiscally moderate-to-conservative), but some of the liberal-speak I hear these days makes me cringe. It seems to me (IMHO) that many of the most vocal leftist activists are suffering from white guilt, or/and in some cases (depending on the specific issue being debated) are "Limousine Liberals" who are all for specific liberal social programs that may end up hurting the working class -- because these Limousine Liberals are usually rich and are thus relatively insulated from burdening the cost of such liberal social programs.

The Democratic Party lost the working class in the last election because the ultra-liberal wing of the Democratic Party ignored them because the Democratic Party leaders assumed the working class would always (i.e., "blindly") vote Democrat. They underestimated the working class people (working class people of all types -- white, black, Hispanic) because working class people are a little more savvy than the leaders of the Democratic Party thought they were.

Granted, President Trump is a whack-a-doo, and he has yet to give any evidence that he is the savior that the working class had hoped for, but the working class message in the last election is still valid -- that is, they need more from the Democratic Party than a condescending pat on the head and being sent to the kiddie table.

And as for the "Thought Police" idea regarding people with racist thoughts and/or making racist comments (a different problem than Limousine Liberals), until racist language reaches to the point of inciting violence (and no -- not all racist language is about violence against minorities), language like that is protected by the constitution.

While there is certainly no moral equivalency between the ideologies of racists and civil rights advocates, the IS a moral equivalency for the right for those racists to speak their minds without the threat of violence from counter-protesters (and vice-versa, of course). It is not illegal (yet) in this country to have racist thoughts and to speak racist drivel -- no matter how disgusting those racist thoughts and language may be. We do not (yet) have official federal "Thought Police".

I'm sorry, but the idea that "White Supremacists deserve to be acted violently upon simply because they are White Supremacists" is a dangerous precedent to set. What would be the next social issue that would fall under the justification of "Those protesters are scum, so it's OK to be violent toward them and squelch their right to protest"?

What if that next issue is not as cut-and-dry as racism? We begin to fall down a slippery slope when we turned a blind eye towards violence against protests of any kind. We should all follow Dr. King's example of peaceful civil protest, even for counter-protests against an issue as widely accepted as being wrong as racism or White Supremacy....

....because the next issue being counter protested by the far left might not be so widely accepted by the rest of us as being "wrong". It is a slippery slope.

edit on 2017/8/22 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
The left has no more to do with the morons doing this dumb crap than the right has to do with the far fringe of it's party. A vocal minority. Most of the left, like most of the right, has nothing but contempt for the extreme fringes of their respective parties.

Technically that is incorrect. As long as the talking heads of the left (Shumer, Pelosi, CNN, et al.) continue to promote the myth that destroying property and removing history is going to turn all of America into rainbows and butterflies for those that are disenfranchised, the Left absolutely owns the vandalism as a collective. Once they (the leaders of the Left) denounce the actions, then your argument will hold water.
edit on 22-8-2017 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join