It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Asks Private Sector Companies To Stop Using Kaspersky Products

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

And what does the sensible side of you say?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus
You might recall that Kaspersky were the ones to discover the NSA installed backdoors in hard drives that were then shipped around the world. Factory installed. The US government is terrifying.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
my son put it on my computer, it was what his college recommended they use..
so now, it's bad?? that's kind of funny because since he put it on, I've been having alot less problems with those nasty bugs.
oh well, I will consult with my two computer geek sons and decide if I want to go back to the pieces of crap I was using.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: pavil

And what does the sensible side of you say?

1. US agencies are stonewalling exploits putting in risk own industry.
2. US agencies are developing and spreading malware with potential to cause large ecological catastrophes (Stuxnet for example)
3. US OVERGROWN agencies are inept to solve puzzle if and how dirty Putin interfered with Trumps election
4. Nobody on planet except few tens of millions of lunatics in US believe what US mainstream media now produce and those few millions are ready to start civil war in US - for for me totally unclear reasons.

It est USA is in fact in war with the rest of the world ... everybody is p.. of. with constant meddling and exploitation (not only) through holly $ dominance. Last sanctions against Russia are going directly against interests of whole EU energy sector - in fact it is direct threat to our needs in this pivotal field.

World did not attack USA, USA is attacking World. Russia is proud to resist.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
NO anti-virus software has ever worked 100% with me.
Things always get through like malware and highjackers.

For me anti-virus software is just a stopgap that leaves me less malware to deal with.

For security i always use linux for shopping on line.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
NO anti-virus software has ever worked 100% with me.
Things always get through like malware and highjackers.

For me anti-virus software is just a stopgap that leaves me less malware to deal with.

For security i always use linux for shopping on line.

That is because Win/XOS/Android are systems where marketing is preferred to security. "User experience" came in price of purely constructed "magic" software and "smart" devices.

In general is open source more secure than majority of proprietary solutions.

Sorry for Android - I had in mind proprietary implementations done by individual mobile phone sellers...
edit on 22-8-2017 by JanAmosComenius because: add

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah lets not use a foreign software, but lets overlook all the foreign chips supplied from china that executes our software inside our DOD and just about everything in America.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The FBI and the Trump Administration are cracking down on the Russian company Kaspersky.

Apparently the Government has been cutting Kaspersky from vendor lists for a while now.

D'OH! Oooops. Our government has been trusting "security" software written by Russian Hackers. Maybe we shouldn't be trusting Russian Hackers?

Just because you don't see anything suspicious on a new computer motherboard, or in the behavior of an anti-virus program, doesn't mean the motherboard or anti-virus software hasn't been designed from the ground up to exploit you and your personal data.

Most commercial software is designed to be usable for just that purpose. Why don't folks understand and appreciate just how easy that is?

Answer: technologically illiterate morons running the country and our educational system. Oh well. Things could be worse.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

McAfee is a master of life!

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru

originally posted by: xuenchen
The FBI and the Trump Administration are cracking down on the Russian company Kaspersky.

Apparently the Government has been cutting Kaspersky from vendor lists for a while now.

D'OH! Oooops. Our government has been trusting "security" software written by Russian Hackers. Maybe we shouldn't be trusting Russian Hackers?

Just because you don't see anything suspicious on a new computer motherboard, or in the behavior of an anti-virus program, doesn't mean the motherboard or anti-virus software hasn't been designed from the ground up to exploit you and your personal data.

Most commercial software is designed to be usable for just that purpose. Why don't folks understand and appreciate just how easy that is?

Answer: technologically illiterate morons running the country and our educational system. Oh well. Things could be worse.

Maybe we should just use NSA made security software.............. They would never do anything wrong, right?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
my son put it on my computer, it was what his college recommended they use..
so now, it's bad?? that's kind of funny because since he put it on, I've been having alot less problems with those nasty bugs.
oh well, I will consult with my two computer geek sons and decide if I want to go back to the pieces of crap I was using.

No it's good software. I'd say you are just fine running it but if you have issues in the first place well I'd start there

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Or maybe the FBI/CIA can no longer Hack Kaspersky!
that would make them So mad.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
On one hand US verchuska wants other countries to open their markets but on other hand is top commercial antivirus bad? Get it straight and abandon that free market lunacy ...

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I run it old school 1960's style.....

I've been unprotected raw dogging the net for years!!! The bumps on my modem add character, when they don't ooze...

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The only way to be truly safe from backdoors. Is to write your own C compiler and use it to compile gcc to compile your own linux kernel.
Ken Thompson's GCC backdoor

What happens here is that you modify the C compiler code so that when it compiles itelf, it inserts the back-door code. So now when the C compiler compiles login, it will insert the back door code; and when it compilesthe C compiler, it will insert the code thatinserts the code into both login and the C compiler.Now, you compile the C compiler with itself – getting a C compiler that includes the back-door generation code explicitly. Then you delete the back-door code from the C compiler source. But it’s in the binary. So when you use that binary to produce a new version of the compiler from the source, it will insert the back-door code intothe new version.So you’ve now got a C compiler that inserts back-door code when it compiles itself – and that code appears nowhere in the source code of the compiler. It did exist in the code at one point – but then it got deleted. But because the C compiler is written in C, and always compiled with itself, that means thats each successive new version of the C compiler will pass along the back-door – and it will continue to appear in both login and in the C compiler, without any trace in the source code of either.

Or there's always TempleOSThe operating system of God.

Davis is a former atheist who believes that he can "talk with God" and that God told him the operating system he built was God's third temple. According to Davis, TempleOS is of 'Divine' intellect due to the inspired nature of the code. According to Davis, God said to create the operating system with 640x480, 16 colors display and a single audio voice. The operating system was written in aprogramming language developed by Davis in C and C++, called "HolyC".[2]

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure I could be looked at as a Russian spy... I'm in IT sales/consulting and I've sold Kaspersky to numerous clients, lol....

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So....to summarize what I'm SEEING....

Russia = AWESOME

America = EVIL

I never thought I'd see so many American sell outs.

"American conservatives: the party of Putin"

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Not Russia = AWESOME but for sure America = EVIL. BTW I'm Central European anarchist.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Update :

CIA wrote code 'to impersonate' Russia’s Kaspersky Lab anti-virus company, WikiLeaks says

And Let's not forget Wikileaks previous release :

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Such a recommendation coming from this administration is the best reason I've heard in a long time to START using Kaspersky.

I've used it for many years, no problems on any front. No plans to change any time soon, barring new, credible information.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join