It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Asks Private Sector Companies To Stop Using Kaspersky Products

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The FBI and the Trump Administration are cracking down on the Russian company Kaspersky.

Apparently the Government has been cutting Kaspersky from vendor lists for a while now.

Bad connection to the Russian military says some "reports".

This story should go "viral" any minute now.

Has Kaspersky been a deep undercover backdoor setup all along ?

Have they successfully infiltrated the government systems ?

Maybe the Awan family has the answers to the dirty little secrets ?

The company, as we explained in July, has been offering its generally well-regarded antivirus and security products in the U.S. for nearly 20 years. But “Russian interference” is one of the big buzzwords of 2017, and the company’s founder and products have recently come under scrutiny as a result.

Since 2015, several reports have surfaced that founder Eugene Kaspersky has ties to Russian military intelligence. Any potential vulnerabilities stemming from those ties were by and large downplayed or ignored… until this year.

The Trump administration removed Kaspersky Lab from the list of approved vendors for government contracts back in July. Federal agencies, as well as state and local government agencies, considered if or how to phase out their own usage.

But .......

RUSSIANS !!

edit on Aug-21-2017 by xuenchen because: backdoortrojanhorses

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
They can go stuff it.

I been running kaspersky for YEARS.

Damn good antivirus.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
So, Russian Intelligence might get your data if you use Kapersky.

And, the US Intelligence gets your information if you anything else.

Kind of a pick your poison moment isn't it?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I suppose that the government can't get into your computer if you are using Kaspersky. We can't have it so our government hackers can't check up on our businesses.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Same here
Kaspersky is excellent.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Kaspersky? You traitors!!

McAfee is the way to go... if you can ever uninstall it..

*language warning*

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Um... I thought it was already a given not to go with those guys.

Personally, I recommend a Chromebook. I haven't downloaded one anti-virus software and my book is clean as a whistle. (aside from the questionable search history my boyfriend puts on this thing... Jesus, John... get laid or something).

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Kaspersky or any other product, if Russia or the US want a back door into the product they will find it.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Kaspersky's probably secure... that's why they want to get rid of it. They want folks to load THEIR definitions updates... with payload, to their machines.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The conspiracy side of me want to say it's because FBI exploits could be Detected by Kaspersky. Thats why they are scaring people away

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Kaspersky is hands down the best anti-virus out there!!! In addition; if there were something suspicious about the code, I'm sure it would be outed by the competition.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

The conspiracy side of me want to say it's because FBI exploits could be Detected by Kaspersky. Thats why they are scaring people away

I bet you are on to something !!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: hitparader
Kaspersky is hands down the best anti-virus out there!!! In addition; if there were something suspicious about the code, I'm sure it would be outed by the competition.

Unless the competition was paid to keep quiet.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Kaspersky Lab is working (successfully it seems) directly against NSA.

Every antivirus SW is backdoor by definition because it is running in kernel space or with root privileges and have open channel to C&C servers for updates ....

Migrated to Linux some 7 years ago and never wanted back to WinHell TM.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Personally, I recommend a Chromebook. I haven't downloaded one anti-virus software and my book is clean as a whistle. (aside from the questionable search history my boyfriend puts on this thing... Jesus, John... get laid or something).

Dot, dot, dot.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

originally posted by: Abysha

Dot, dot, dot.

Right?!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

With love,
The ball's in your court on that one.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The FBI and the Trump Administration are cracking down on the Russian company Kaspersky.

Apparently the Government has been cutting Kaspersky from vendor lists for a while now.

Bad connection to the Russian military says some "reports".

This story should go "viral" any minute now.

Has Kaspersky been a deep undercover backdoor setup all along ?

Have they successfully infiltrated the government systems ?

Maybe the Awan family has the answers to the dirty little secrets ?

The company, as we explained in July, has been offering its generally well-regarded antivirus and security products in the U.S. for nearly 20 years. But “Russian interference” is one of the big buzzwords of 2017, and the company’s founder and products have recently come under scrutiny as a result.

Since 2015, several reports have surfaced that founder Eugene Kaspersky has ties to Russian military intelligence. Any potential vulnerabilities stemming from those ties were by and large downplayed or ignored… until this year.

The Trump administration removed Kaspersky Lab from the list of approved vendors for government contracts back in July. Federal agencies, as well as state and local government agencies, considered if or how to phase out their own usage.

But .......

RUSSIANS !!

Gulp, I'm using Kaspersky now..

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Maybe Kaspersky makes it difficult for our government to spy on us because it DOESNT have a back door. Who knows. Who knows whats real and whos lying anymore. Nobody has any credibility left.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Good way to make it look like you're not totally under Putin's control.
A front but for some people it may be sufficient to make them believe.

But.....RUSSIANS

Are still the issue and still needs to be investigated to the fullest.
It's not going away. Despite distractions like statues.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join