It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving On From Civil War Statues, Leftists Destroy Christopher Columbus Monument

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
But they're not trying to erase history, right? They're just super unable to handle the evil of statues of great men who may have done bad things at some point in their life.

Link

So basically, some idiot in Boston took a sledgehammer to a 225 year old monument. These people must be stopped. This is no different than the nazi's or ISIS, or leninists. All wanted to erase history and did so using the same tactics being employed by today's crazies.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
To be fair, Columbus wasn't a hero.

But that's no reason to destroy a statue- I say shoot these vandals on sight.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This is what happens when you let radicals have their way with anything. They cannot be appeased. They will always take things one step further and continue to do so while yelling Bigot, Racist, Sexist, and etc etc. It's time to put an end to this stupidity.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Christopher Columbus wasn't even American. Are all these A holes idiots?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Ah, its like old world religious cults (iconoclasts) smashing the idols of the other religions they were about conquering.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Agree, he's part of the history of this continent.

Oregon has a lenin statue, I hate lenin, he was one of the worst people to walk the face of the earth. But I'm not about to go tear down a statue over it.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Mark08

That pretty well sums them up.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Some folks are a couple eggs short of a dozen....

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time until everything that isn't hardcore communist leftist is destroyed, including citizens.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
We are seeing the start of the "Year Zero" doctrine in action here in the United States.

Year Zero

The Kmer Rouge did this in 1975 in Cambodia after the end of the Vietnam War. Essentially, they paraded into the Cambodian capital Phnom Pen with chants of peace. But, it was a Trojan Horse. Once the controlled the capital, they began a series of purges, of anyone that was not Cambodian, intellectuals, and eventually anyone that disagreed. Those that lived, were then forced to attend propagandist classes where many undergo re-education on the new history, which began from that point. All history prior to that point was deemed offensive and destroyed in place of the "new history".

Let us remember this, and not repeat it. I think everyone, everywhere needs to watch the 1984 Oscar nominated film, The Killing Fields and compare the start of the Year Zero policy to what we are witness to here today, in this country.

I do hope we have time to learn from history before it is destroyed for being "offensive".

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
Christopher Columbus wasn't even American. Are all these A holes idiots?

Yes
I am sure there is some intelligence in some of these folks. They just try hard to not let it show.....embarrass their friends if it did.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: lordcomac

Agree, he's part of the history of this continent.

Oregon has a lenin statue, I hate lenin, he was one of the worst people to walk the face of the earth. But I'm not about to go tear down a statue over it.

how did lenin upset you?
show me on the doll were his version of marxism touched you.
churchill's bust idiot trump was quick to put up should equally affect you, screwed up world war one, terrible politician and messed america and russia round during world war two while, being antifa something you have said you hated personally.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Probably a covert operative from the Radical Right trying to frame the Left. Exactly their kind of tactics.

Bwhaaaaa...ahaahah...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

But they're not trying to erase history, right? They're just super unable to handle the evil of statues of great men who may have done bad things at some point in their life.

Link

So basically, some idiot in Boston took a sledgehammer to a 225 year old monument. These people must be stopped. This is no different than the nazi's or ISIS, or leninists. All wanted to erase history and did so using the same tactics being employed by today's crazies.

Wow, vandalism is as bad as some of the worst murderers in history, eh? Isn't that just a wee bit hyperbolic, even for you D?

Nah, no one's triggered around here.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Dfairlite

Probably a covert operative from the Radical Right trying to frame the Left. Exactly their kind of tactics.

Bwhaaaaa...ahaahah...

I hear the Koch Brothers are hiring professional statue bashers for just this purpose.

Some folks are saying that, you know.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Oh yeah. A lot of very fine people in the know are telling me that as well.

They're great people too. The best people.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I think we should hire those people.

Oops, I meant fire.

Fire, hire, I get them confused.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
You destroy the narrative,. you destroy the country. Even if that narrative isn't true, they're still going to need to rebuild it. The same thing would happen if aliens landed and told us our history is a lie.

I'm not a history buff. I never enjoyed it. But here's what I know atm:
1) reasonable people during his time mostly believed our world was a globe, but the consensus was a journey west was suicide because landfall might be 1000's of miles away. Any fool desperate enough would starve before finding land. Columbus, on the other hand, felt teh world was much smaller, and India, his target, was within range. He thought this would be a tremendous trade opportunity. He was dumb enough to embark, so he did.
2) he only landed in the Caribbean, south and central america, not North America
3) there were 3 voyages
4) the queen/king were increasingly disappointed with Columbus and he was even jailed for a time because of his actions
5) Columbus (and his crew) slaughtered, raped and enslaved many thousands indigenous peoples
6) never found the elusive gold or riches he sought
7) believed he'd discovered India to the day of his death
8) end result is Columbus was an idiot, racist/criminal monster, but was responsible for one of the first voyages--in recent times--west to discover the presence of far off continents
9) technically, the Norse landed at Vinland in North America about 1000 ad, so they were the first on on this continent; there's speculation phoneceans or others explored this area sometime predating the birth of christ. i went to a site conjecturing an african civilization long ago crossed the atlantic. i've also seen stories china maybe visiting the western coast in ancient times.

The problem I have wiht righteous indignation about Columbus is history is filled with wickedness and deception. If we're going to take this thought process to its fullest extent, we may as well write off the existence of the United States of America. Why? Because we--for lack of better term--invaded and ignored the pleas of the native americans. We're responsible for the deaths of untold numbers of them, mostly from european pathogens. It's a crime against humanity. How many other things have we done wrong? Lets get it over with, topple hte government, and give ourselves over to the UN for further deliberation. This is our fate if we're to repent.

I'm fine with removing the statue from public places. I understand how the statue is toxic to some. But if they ever go for museums, school books or similar, I will protest it. That's censorship.
edit on 8/21/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Link

STOP DESTROYING #!

My god... these idols to evil can easily be voted into a museum. Why the # are we doing this? Are we suddenly ISIS?!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Ah, its like old world religious cults (iconoclasts) smashing the idols of the other religions they were about conquering.

EXACTLY!

And what happened to the Catholics that did that? Now we have the remnants of my religion. Easter, pentagrams, Christmas (lol), holy trinity, etc...

Destroying monuments only make the destroyers appease to the ones they robbed and assimilates some of their culture.

In the case of the Catholics, I'm grateful. In the case of Nazis and colonialists, I'd prefer we moved their "monuments" to places where we can all stare in awe of the evil they represent so we never repeat it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join