It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can your job be better done by a machine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
With robotics, automation, and all of our knowledge of engineering, why are we working 40+ hours a week to 'survive'? There should be no problems feeeding people worldwide. When farmers are paid not to farm or excess grain is dumped into the sea to 'stabalize' markets, it should be obvious that what is needed is a social change and its not a technological one.

If a system were setup that automated the production of crops, manufactured goods, and etc..

If you were free to spend your time as you please, what would you do? There would still be many fields where human interaction would be necessary but there would also be many more avenues for people to educate themselves and persue personal interests.

Do you think this would be a healthy system for mankind?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Well if they can invent a Robot to carry furniture in and out of houses,
without putting a mark on the furniture or the walls, they can have
my job!!

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
BY the look of things, it can be better done by INDIANS then some robot. hehe.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
not if you'll be the one designing, debugging and programming the robots.. I think ill be safe.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
around three months ago some dude, obviously drunk, came up to me and some mates of mine n started yappin' on about the vampires and how there all gonna get us, how it all starts with the vampire project!
'ok buddy, its all good, i'm just gonna go over here...'
So on a day off work i sit down google the 'vampire project' and..

www.vampire-project.org...
Take a looksee when you get the time. Fairly interesting.

Similar to what you guys are talking about.
Maybe less far-fetched and more on the horizon of our future..We may all have robots with emotions soon. who knows. I'm pretty pissed of with the whole thing..
Certainly wasn't expecting something as substantial and as legitimate as this considering this information came out of the stinking mouth of a rambling stranger off the streets..the projects backed by the European Union. to be honest this # reminds me of The Terminator. And if these guys are doin it, then you can bet your arse the govs. in on it and are probably far more advanced in their research and production.

[edit on 9-2-2005 by nim_rod_13]

[edit on 9-2-2005 by nim_rod_13]

new topics

top topics

join