It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN’s Anderson Cooper’s Family Were Slave Owners – Owned Michelle Obama’s Relatives!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: xuenchen

Haven't read the thread, but I won't diss sh!t-4-brains Cooper because of the actions of his ancestors.

Everyone is responsible for their own actions, and besides, owning slaves was the norm back then and quite a few slaves that were given freedom remained with their 'masters' - even marrying and having children with them.

Anderson Cooper is CIA and therefore no sin is greater than being a willing participant in the greatest warpig/propaganda machine known to man - Hitler would be soooo jealous of the CIA's destructive ability and Cooper (with his arrogant eye roll attitude towards all conservatives) is a special type of scum.

# him and the horse he rode in on.

But don't you know he wants you to diss him?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Haven't read the thread, but I won't diss sh!t-4-brains Cooper because of the actions of his ancestors.

Everyone is responsible for their own actions, and besides, owning slaves was the norm back then and quite a few slaves that were given freedom remained with their 'masters' - even marrying and having children with them.

Anderson Cooper is CIA and therefore no sin is greater than being a willing participant in the greatest warpig/propaganda machine known to man - Hitler would be soooo jealous of the CIA's destructive ability and Cooper (with his arrogant eye roll attitude towards all conservatives) is a special type of scum.

# him and the horse he rode in on.

But don't you know he wants you to diss him?

I did diss him, just not over what he had zero control over - that'd be like dissin a whitey or black fella because skin color - also things that humans have no control over (unless you have special pre-pregnancy powers like Jesus and the Jedi)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

May the force be with you.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Sins of the Father?

Are we really going to blame Anderson for something his ancestors did?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Sins of the Father?

Are we really going to blame Anderson for something his ancestors did?

Exodus 20:5-6New International Version (NIV)

5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Should Trump and Pence be worried?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Delicious!

Boy, old Andy has quite a lot of white guilt to work off!

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

And? It's not like this is some coup for justice and righteousness. I bet your ancestors did some things you wouldn't be proud of too.

Don't be an ignorant xuenchen, you know better than this I believe.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
154 years ago, my relatives were probably killing a whole bunch of Anderson Cooper's relatives and freeing a whole bunch of Michael Obama's relatives.
On top of that, A.C.'s relatives probably killed a whole bunch of MY relatives.

Yet, today, I have nothing against A.C....other than that he's an elitist, phony, limousine liberal, douche.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm sure there are a lot of people in the U.S. who owe some of their family's wealth to slavery just as all of us in the U.S. owe much of our wealth to taking land from the Native Americans.

I'm surprised the O.P. can understand the concept of slavery enhancing a current white man's socioeconomic status. That involves understanding that descendants of slaves are also still hampered by their meager beginnings.

The O.P. seems like the type that would denounce affirmative action, which is made to counter this sort of thing.

I'm guessing Anderson Cooper agrees with affirmative action, which is probably more than I can say for the O.P. Correct me if I'm wrong.
edit on 22pmTue, 22 Aug 2017 13:29:20 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Ahh yes. The most reliable of all sources. HAHA. Yet CNN is fake news. HAAA. You guys crack me up. Who cares if relatives of Cooper, who he never met, owned slaves? He is not a slave owner. And will never be one.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I'm pretty sure if we dig some of the right-wing ATS members backgrounds we'd find a few ancestors who owned slaves.

Will Cooper give reparations to Michelle or is she already too rich?

My ancestors owned slaves. Their descendants are democrats and have been democrats for generations. I think you'd be surprised.

There are more wealthy with liberal views and more poor people with conservative views, overall. Poverty, and wealth is often inherited. In other words, those who lean right, often come from generations of working class. They never owned slaves. Those who lean left, often are wealthier and are more likely to have inherited wealth from previous generations, that probably owned slaves.

I have two different family lines on the maternal side and one on the paternal side who were slave owners, and some of the descendants of those slaves are genetically related to me, we are "cousins". I have had to have some uncomfortable conversations when they have contacted me, and some of them have, but so far, all of these relatives genuinely want to know about that side of their heritage and have been very kind.
edit on 22-8-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if his ancestors owned slaves. Why should people be held accountable for the actions of people they happen to share DNA with? By this logic, everybody who lives in North America at the present moment is responsible for Native American genocide?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Why do we care who someones ancestors were or what they did?

That doesn't define who we are now. Bringing thinks like this up is childish at best.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

That's part of the old testament.

Which I thought, the laws, were replaced by the new testament for christians.

I don't think they are worried.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

More like "Conformative" Action.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

If you date back far enough, people will see everyone had a ancestor that was at one point a slave. Look at whites, you know how many have 1% Jew in them? Oh God, or Irish. I'm so tired of hearing about how Irish someone is in America but yep, you guessed it. Slave. If you're SLAVic, you was slave. This can be found in reverse just as well.

Everyone has a ancestor who was a slave owner, one who was a slave, one who had oppressive views, one who fought oppression.. I like to point the irony in that. What really matters is the ancestor that is alive today.

We all live in the world, we all are victims of it.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I didn't know that Christians were allowed to disregard the 10 Commandments.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I gotta ask, what sort of mentality does it take to actually research something like this?

The modern puritanical one held by a certain type of SJW.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Deaf Alien

That's part of the old testament.

Which I thought, the laws, were replaced by the new testament for christians.

I don't think they are worried.

The laws put in place by the mortal priests were replaced by the New Covenant with Jesus. But God's word (e.g. the 10 Commandments) were not replaced.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Only the left visits the sins of the father upon the son.. Cooper has no problem with slavery..

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join