It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN’s Anderson Cooper’s Family Were Slave Owners – Owned Michelle Obama’s Relatives!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
you have some real douche weasels as mods, they suck the big one.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Not worth getting banned over. I am sure it was nothing personal, I have had posts removed too.

link   
Here's a beer.
I'll pay reparations for it. LOL.

link   
liberals will reemerge

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Not worth getting banned over. I am sure it was nothing personal, I have had posts removed too.

Yeah. I've had serious violation of T&C. Not worth continuing. If we have been good contributors mods usually let it slide.
Now let's all drink beer!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I am pretty sure this one is worth getting banned over, they overstepped, out side of few comments there was a conversation going on, confrontational, it may have been. ATS have f'd up

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

What a di****[removed for violation of T&C].

Not the mudpit!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Still here having a cocktail, will continue to be, will not be bullied, but willing to discuss anything.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: IAMTAT

What a di****[removed for violation of T&C].

Not the mudpit!

mud pit or not, if you are not being a d, it don't count

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Xuenchen, the point is not about pointing finger and say that person had slave owning ancestors, I am certain we all have ancestors who were slaves and slave owners, princes and paupers, if this thread is what I think it is, which is statues, flags and whatnot..then the real conversation is , most of those symbols were created as a means of intimidation to drive home the point of Jim Crow, there is no separating the two, so while slavery is attached somewhat to it, they have more to do with 70yrs of Jim crow.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Oh that is such nonsense.Or am i hallucinating every thread and post by the left on this site?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I'm pretty sure if we dig some of the right-wing ATS members backgrounds we'd find a few ancestors who owned slaves.

Will Cooper give reparations to Michelle or is she already too rich?

Why not some of the strong left leaning ATS members?

Oh that would just be too much shame... they'd expire in a conflagration of self loathing.

I'm quite satisfied to say I never owned another person. No one in my lineage ever owned another person. Never took anyone's land. Never kicked anyone out.

But I'm still white, so I deserve to be ostracised for all the sins of the world.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

We ALL have relatves that we are ashamed of.

Sounds like my family when they refer to me at family gatherings, of which I am not invited to

*shakes fist at the lot of 'em*

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Anderson Cooper needs to find a nice girl and settle down.

Is Kathy Griffin seeing anyone?

Dude... that's just plain cruel.

for shame.. shake your dot.. I mean H E A D.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

I'm pretty sure if we dig some of the right-wing ATS members backgrounds we'd find a few ancestors who owned slaves.

Will Cooper give reparations to Michelle or is she already too rich?

Why not some of the strong left leaning ATS members?

Oh that would just be too much shame... they'd expire in a conflagration of self loathing.

I'm quite satisfied to say I never owned another person. No one in my lineage ever owned another person. Never took anyone's land. Never kicked anyone out.

But I'm still white, so I deserve to be ostracised for all the sins of the world.

Why make this about you.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I don't. The leftwing fruitcakes do.

I just point out the hypocrisy. Or should I just be silent and dismiss the vitriol constantly bandied about?

???

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I just point out the hypocrisy. Or should I just be silent and dismiss the vitriol constantly bandied about?

???

I agree that there is a tendency to make wide sweeping claims, I having been guilty of it myself in an overheated argument, however, self I.D right wingers..some of whom , I'd call fruit cakes do exactly that..go through any given thread.
edit on 22-8-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

And your reply really was rather inept.

DA made the claim that perhaps if it were looked into, RIGHT wing ATS'ers might just be guilty of having slave ownership in this past too, in response to the OP. It really didn't serve as any counterpoint, just a veiled attack.

Why just Right wing?

Now I consider myself bipartisan depending on the actions involved in a discussion here. But more and more leaning right because there is a vast abyss of logic being espoused by the left as far as I can see. So there are people here who will only see that. And the current theme is there is no middle ground. So picking a side and attacking the other side is what I usually respond to. Such as demonising people who believe in national identity, or who consider their history as pertinent to making a better future - not denying it. How best to shut them up by aligning them with the enemy. Making them the enemy. Ridiculing them despite their actions, but for their opinions and beliefs. And not just for offensive things they may have done, but lumping them all as one.

There are plenty of groups who DO embrace things that should be denounced. Governed by a strict dogma that defines how they act. We give them a get out of jail free card, and carry on.

So if I say I have not owned slaves, I am not making this about me. I am making it about those who are not responsible for such things, but who are constantly on the receiving end of the venomous rhetoric continually spewed at us, and I have every right to do so when the shots are fired blindly.

No excuse me I have crosses to burn, and ironing to do. Can't keep those hats pointy when you don't iron them well.........

ugh

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

???

I agree that there is a tendency to make wide sweeping claims, I having been guilty of it myself in an overheated argument, however, self I.D right winger..some of who I'd call fruit cakes do exactly that..go through any given thread.

Agreed. Heated debate can be tiresome and things do get out of hand.

If I see a right winger obviously stirring, I will call them out on it also. fruitcakes on both sides, I think we can agree on that. But the current climate of the cake stall is certainly blowing one way.. :/

Some of the 'debates' I've had with people who don't consider anything other than their own angle, have become disasters from what the OP intended. Especially when a small cell turns into an echo chamber and suddenly you realise it's pointless.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join