It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANTIFA Clashes With Black Lives Matter in Dallas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Gryphon66

I thought it was The Jets and The Sharks.. . . .

learn something new every day!

Hah! Every goddamn time I see two "sides" clash, I think of the Jets and Sharks. That cracked me up.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: infolurker

Non American here so my head is in the sand on this, so I googled this ANTIFA and as an independent observer I think these folk got a D- in social science and got an F in anarchy, what are they gonna do-shout BLM to death? It's not skyrim fellas.

In unrelated news that BLM dude's hat is hilarious.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I call them prison fodder.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Heh.

Sadly, when they have a "snap off" it's entirely different.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Oh look at those Antifa members silencing those voices and lived experience of people of color. The left really is cannibalizing itself right now, and it sucks because I'm left of center.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

#OfficerKrupkesLifeMatters

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Star for you.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Battle of the snowflakes.

This is like Christmas and a birthday during a paid vacation after cashing in your winning lotto ticket.

Yeeee Haaawwww, popcorn popcorn popcorn

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Oh look at those Antifa members silencing those voices and lived experience of people of color. The left really is cannibalizing itself right now, and it sucks because I'm left of center.

Antifa isn't "left" anymore than Nazis are "right", meaning they are such extreme entities that should fall off the spectrum. However, they represent both ends of their respective sides of the political spectrum. Non-anarchist groups on the left like BLM (who shouldn't be viewed as left since we all are against unwarranted police violence, right?) should denounce them just like non-Nazi groups on the right like Oathkeepers (who shouldn't be viewed as right since we are all against constituional violations, right?) should denounce Nazis.

Both "sides" have their nasty folk. It's time for us to all clean house so we can get back to saying anarchy isn't a great idea and Nazism smells like poo.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

#OfficerKrupkesLifeMatters

Hooo-hohoho-leeee #... what a reference.

Skip to about 55 seconds to get an idea of my actual reaction:

edit on 21-8-2017 by Abysha because: clarificationalizinalization

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Soooo how does El Presidenté get out of this one with the least amount of damage?

First we have BLM and Antipasto, antivirus, antifa or whatever they're calling themselves squaring off against the Nazi white supremacists**

**SIDE NOTE: IT SHOULD GO WITHOUT SAYING THAT THE NAZI, KKK, WHITE SUPREMACISTS ARE BAD, DESPICABLE, EVIL, AND JUST PLAIN WRONG, but since common sense is gone and now that feeling has replaced thinking, you now need to make perfectly clear your position on white supremacists.

Back on topic...
President Trump gets slammed for saying that both sides are responsible and that there are good people from both sides, and not condemning the Nazis to the highest level possible

A week later, Antiwhatever protests Boston and destroyed public property, basically proving Trump's point.

***I'm not going to argue the morality of their actions, just that it was illegal. Just like the Nazis have the legal right to protest, just like BLM and Antimerica have the same right to counter protest. BUT NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO DESTROY PROPERTY OR PHYSICALLY HURT ANOTHER PERSON, NO MATTER WGAT THEIR MESSAGE IS****

Now it's BLM vs. The Antie's. The "good guys" remember?

If Trump sides with Anti, then he's racist, if he sides with BLM, then he's a fascist. If he condemns both or stays silent, then he's a racist Nazi.

Anybody else getting tired of all of this ship?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
okay, i'm behind for some reason i thought they've marched together before, now i'm lost.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shar
okay, i'm behind for some reason i thought they've marched together before, now i'm lost.

Antifa is now Racist and BLM is now pro-Fascist.
edit on 21-8-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shar

I pointed this out above ... the white-wing echo chamber hasn't informed everyone how to spin this yet.

Your confusion is natural.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Yes, good points. a reply to: Abysha

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Antifa isn't "left" anymore than Nazis are "right", meaning they are such extreme entities that should fall off the spectrum. However, they represent both ends of their respective sides of the political spectrum. Non-anarchist groups on the left like BLM (who shouldn't be viewed as left since we all are against unwarranted police violence, right?) should denounce them just like non-Nazi groups on the right like Oathkeepers (who shouldn't be viewed as right since we are all against constituional violations, right?) should denounce Nazis.

Both "sides" have their nasty folk. It's time for us to all clean house so we can get back to saying anarchy isn't a great idea and Nazism smells like poo.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not equating BLM with the two. I was being sarcastic to a degree.

We should all be against police brutality, yes. BLM does earn it's wings as in some ways establishment liberal because it wholesale embraces modern identity politics, and doesn't *just* fight against police brutality. It's in some ways actually leftist, due to other statements.

But yes, I do not think that Antifa's actions are constructive for the debate.

White nationalists and Nazis should be called out by all sides.

It doesn't help, however, that the media is trying to paint everything right now in this simplistic picture of "liberal peaceful activists against those evil nazis." It also isn't helping that the media and many liberals are trying to paint a large proportion (larger than the actual amount) of Trump supporters as horrid racists or even worse, white nationalists/nazis.
edit on 21-8-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

It doesn't help, however, that the media is trying paint everything right now in this simplistic picture of "liberal peaceful activists against those evil nazis." It also isn't helping that the media and many liberals are trying to paint a large proportion (larger than the actual amount) Trump supporters as horrid racists or even worse, white nationalists/nazis.

Ignoring the expected bias, you "get" it.

The problem is that you aren't seeing the media for what it is. They aren't painting the Not-Nazis as being the "liberal peaceful activists"; they are painting them all (churches, civil rights activists, normal everyday folk) as Antifa.

Otherwise, I agree with everything you said.

ps edit - When I say I agree, I also mean I agree with how the media is also painting the right. Left and right media are doing none of the rest of us any favors.

edit on 21-8-2017 by Abysha because: clarificationalizinalization

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Sure, but this is what worries me. For some reason, Antifa is the media lap dog of the moment, and is not only being supported somewhat or covered up for, but also as you say grouped in anonymously with all liberals, or vice versa. It's a way of covering up for them really, but is actually stereotyping all of us and ironically giving far right wingers ammunition against liberals generally.

a reply to: Abysha

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
double post somehow, apologies.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Sure, but this is what worries me. For some reasons, Antifa is the media lap dog of the moment, and is not only being supported somewhat or covered up for, but also as you say grouped in anonymously with all liberals, or vice versa. It's a way of covering up for them really, but is actually stereotyping all of us and ironically giving far right wingers ammunition against liberals generally.

a reply to: Abysha

Star for that.

But I think it depends on your personal perspective and the media you absorb. When I look at the right-wing media, I see the same thing happening with alt-right racism.

The left isn't Antifa and the right isn't Nazi. They both can be those things and it's as if they (Soros, Bannon, pick your paranoid poison) are trying to paint it like we all already are those things.
edit on 21-8-2017 by Abysha because: italicalizationalizationistism

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join