It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leftists Destroy Oldest Christopher Columbus Monument in the Nation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Christopher Columbus?

This, I have no problem with, unlike the confederate statues.

If you have a problem with one, why not the others? Fortunately, or unfortunately for some, there are no public statues of St. Patrick to be rid of; they are on the grounds of Catholic Churches and safe from public destruction.
I guess we are stuck with green beer and parades of half lit "Irish" playing the culturally appropriated bagpipes that make what is jokingly called music.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: Domo1

I agree they also were paid.

Someone posted this link:
www.usnews.com - Egypt: New Find Shows Slaves Didn't Build Pyramids...

"The myth of the slaves building pyramids is only the stuff of tabloids and Hollywood," Wildung told The Associated Press by telephone. "The world simply could not believe the pyramids were build without oppression and forced labor, but out of loyalty to the pharaohs."

Egyptologists have known since--at the latest--1990 slaves didn't build them.
edit on 8/22/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
Let me say that years ago, probably in the mid 1990s... I was at a tavern in Phoenix AZ

I place I rarely went to for a Saturday beer after shopping...

I worked at a engineering outfit which serviced the Garrett Jet Engines plant of Allied Signal...and we had maybe 15% of the men there were Native American ... 99% of them were riled up about a Christopher Columbus Statue placed downtown very near the Suns Basketball Arena....

this guy I met that afternoon-ish stated to me that he had sloshed red paint on the Columbus Statue in a show of disrespect for the majority of Americans that praised Columbus for discovering the new world

...."Indigenous People's Day" and are observed to protest the celebration of Columbus Day. They believe Columbus's discovery led to the eradication of natives, their homeland and their culture....

do a search... he has been a target for decades already

True. More can be found here, for those interested:
en.wikipedia.org - Indigenous Peoples' Day...

In 1977, the International Conference on Discrimination Against Indigenous Populations in the Americas, sponsored by the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland, began to discuss replacing Columbus Day in the United States with a celebration to be known as Indigenous Peoples Day.[4] Similarly, Native American groups staged actions in Boston, Massachusetts instead of Thanksgiving, which has been celebrated there to mark collaboration between English colonists and Native Americans in the first years. In July 1990, at the First Continental Conference on 500 Years of Indian Resistance in Quito, Ecuador, representatives of Indian groups throughout the Americas agreed that they would mark 1992, the 500th anniversary of the first of the voyages of Christopher Columbus, as a year to promote "continental unity" and "liberation."

Numerous efforts in the Americas have honored Native Americans as part of Columbus Day, or by designating two holidays for the same date.[10] Especially since Native American activism has increased since the 1960s and 1970s, a variety of protests have been staged against celebrating Columbus Day.[18] These have included mock trials of Christopher Columbus, an insurgent offensive in Peru by the Shining Path guerrillas,[18] and protests and disruptions of Columbus Day parades in the United States

See the Thanksgiving reference? Here:
en.wikipedia.org - National Day of Mourning (United States protest)...

The organizers consider the national holiday of Thanksgiving Day as a reminder of the democide and continued suffering of the Native American peoples.....

edit on 8/22/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

Christopher Columbus?

If you have a problem with one, why not the others? Fortunately, or unfortunately for some, there are no public statues of St. Patrick to be rid of; they are on the grounds of Catholic Churches and safe from public destruction.
I guess we are stuck with green beer and parades of half lit "Irish" playing the culturally appropriated bagpipes that make what is jokingly called music.

Well the difference is that, say General Lee was a huge historical figure, led the Southern Army against the Union etc etc. He's a big part of History. We should write about him in the History books, he should be in Museums and on Battle fields.

Whereas Christiopher columbas has nothing to do with the USA. He was never even here. He's famous for slaughtering women and Children.

That seems to be a pretty big difference but the biggest difference is that Christopher Columbus was never in the USA and has nothing to do with our History.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

I see one big difference between Columbus day is a celebration of the man Columbus. It needs to go.

Thanksgiving is morphing and changing. For me, personally, it's a day of giving thanks and being grateful for what we have and for family and friends to come together.

I'm down with changing it, or renaming it though and taking out the pilgrim references or at east changing the references in some way.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Thanksgiving is morphing and changing. For me, personally, it's a day of giving thanks and being grateful for what we have and for family and friends to come together.

For me it's about the two 'F's, Football and Foodbaby.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

For me it's about the two 'F's, Football and Foodbaby.

That too! The big feast before a long hard winter!

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Willtell

Though, I am not a big anti statue person. Most GEN xers don't know Robert E Lee from Lee Harvey Oswald...

The point here is that they can have all the statues they want but not on government property

They can have them in the museums, their backyard but NOT my tax money

Then where is the thread where you are calling for a stoppage of tax money for all arts and humanities?

trump and the republicans already cut ALL OF THE MONEY for those in their budget for 2018....the National endowment for the arts (NEA), the national endowment for the humanities (NHA), the institute of museum and libraries, and the corporation for public broadcasting......

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

a reply to: jonnywhite

I see one big difference between Columbus day is a celebration of the man Columbus. It needs to go.

Yeah..too many holidays.

We need to get more work done.

No wonder China is beating us.

With Columbus gone, US productivity should increase.

No more Fake Discoverers creating excuses not to go to work.

Back to the factory. Y'all.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Just rename it something cool like robo cop day and put up a statue of him.
You can still have the day off.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
So it turns out that the Barcelona terrorist ISIS cell also had plans to destroy statues in Spain.
Looks like ISIS and Leftist groups sharing goals.

The official says Mohamed Houli Chemlal told a judge that the cell was preparingto attack Barcelona monuments with explosives and the imam intended to blow himself up when they did.

apnews.com...

P.S. Sorry, no Turkey Talk.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Christopher Columbus?

That seems to be a pretty big difference but the biggest difference is that Christopher Columbus was never in the USA and has nothing to do with our History.

Maybe that is why Joan of Arc is also under attack. What of other statues from antiquity that have "nothing to do with our history?" Consider that all of Europe has to do with our history. In fact, much of world history has to do with our history and our history has to do with the world. How does one separate them?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

They are starting with statues, how long will it be before they start targeting people they don't like? These people are terrorists. They want to burn this country to the ground and rebuild it in their image. THAT is what this is all about. IMHO its only a matter of time before they start killing white people, its painfully obvious they hate every white person on this continent. Behind their agenda is virulent anti white racism. I am NIOT being racist in stating this, its simply a FACT.

edit on 23-8-2017 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Christopher Columbus?

Maybe that is why Joan of Arc is also under attack. What of other statues from antiquity that have "nothing to do with our history?" Consider that all of Europe has to do with our history. In fact, much of world history has to do with our history and our history has to do with the world. How does one separate them?

Joan of Arc actually did some stuff, leading armies against England during a war. Christopher Columbus got lost and killed innocent people looking for gold. Again, that's a big difference.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

They are evil, just like ISIS, just like the Nazis. They want to silence all that dare to disagree, and destroy anything they don't like. They have no respect for freedom for anyone. They are the enemy.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Are we talking the Vikings? I think they probably deserve the credit..not sure how far south they went after staying in Newfoundland.
I have read that the Chinese could of hit North America too, long before Columbus.

We can go farther back than that, what with some of the spear points found in the New World, same as those found in prehistoric France! New theory has it that people could have come across at the edge of the ice that spanned the entire North Atlantic. Who knows who was here first, really? Certainly not the story we were told in school, eh? Some signs, too, that Egyptians were here as well. People from all over, long before the Bering Strait was crossed!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Good

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

When you consider the fact that American history is entirely dictated and written by racists and racist apologists...For this anger to expressed now, hundreds of years later, is rather remarkable.

I'm a bit disgusted that these issues are so polarizing. But if we don't stop drinking the exceptional American Kool Aid, there is going to be even more of these kinds of behaviors.

We need to ask ourselves, if we want to continue promoting lies, or suck it up and take the truth. Humility is a good teacher and it doesn't have to be so abrasive.

But it's not going away. All of "historical" monuments are like rubbing in the face of every black person in the world. White supremacy is not something Americans are comfortable with.

It's been a core American value since the founding of this country. Now we can't expect everybody to just take it with open arms and be content, can we?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
any liberals try trashing statues of folk in scotland they'd probably get set aboot!

luckily we dont have that whole liberal madness here as much as the states

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

she was also an initiate of the mystery schools and was guided by supernatural forces

columbus was just a dude out for the fortune and glory

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join