It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leftists Destroy Oldest Christopher Columbus Monument in the Nation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Konduit

Right wing douchbags like to burn books too so don't pretend the idiocy is one sided.

Luddites are also burning Kindles.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

That's just because of a typo which confused them about using kindling to start a fire.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Though, I am not a big anti statue person. Most GEN xers don't know Robert E Lee from Lee Harvey Oswald...

The point here is that they can have all the statues they want but not on government property

They can have them in the museums, their backyard but NOT my tax money

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

They are narcissistic children who grew up with meaningless time outs instead of a firm hand of discipline.

Wait until they awaken the sleeping giant!

Then the masks and attire will predictably come off and they will melt back into the herd...

Urban guerilla warfare 101..

link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Though, I am not a big anti statue person. Most GEN xers don't know Robert E Lee from Lee Harvey Oswald...

The point here is that they can have all the statues they want but not on government property

Many museums are public, and financed through tax money.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
This is a sad day for the rest of us leftists who would not act in such a manner. These were not leftists but rather indolent children with little concept of the complexities necessary to implement positive steps forward for all Americans of good intent.

This is important.

Most people on the left DO NOT WANT THIS!!!

Everyone on the right needs to understand that.

But to the left I would say; do you see why holding the media accountable for belittling or celebrating these fools is so important?

Totally agree with you, however politics is perception and just as the R's catch a lot of heat for things that they are not responsible for the D's will continue to catch heat for this kind of stuff thanks to the media. The only way that they can shed that blame is to very publicly denounce these anarchists.

link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

This is a sad day for the rest of us leftists who would not act in such a manner. These were not leftists but rather indolent children with little concept of the complexities necessary to implement positive steps forward for all Americans of good intent.

Indolent children? Not much of a condemnation. Oh well come on elections!

Well, I could jump up and down and beat my chest screaming all the wonderful names people here on ATS use daily. Would that mark a strong enough condemnation? Ramp up my own vitriol?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Maybe with all the robotic automation there will be a Luddite revival

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

What tax money? The statues are already there??????? How much of YOUR tax money is going to go to moving them? lmao

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

So we can blame the public school system for antifa, the gay-ISIS?

link   

Then where is the thread where you are calling for a stoppage of tax money for all arts and humanities?

link   
I was having a conversation with a friends German grandfather the other day about all this, and he said it reminded him of the book burnings.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Many museums are public, and financed through tax money.

Remember ALL the threads on here saying the current president was going to destroy history ?

The people that said that, and there are quite a few threads on here are doing just that right now.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

This is important.

Most people on the left DO NOT WANT THIS!!!

Everyone on the right needs to understand that.

But to the left I would say; do you see why holding the media accountable for belittling or celebrating these fools is so important?

Totally agree with you, however politics is perception and just as the R's catch a lot of heat for things that they are not responsible for the D's will continue to catch heat for this kind of stuff thanks to the media. The only way that they can shed that blame is to very publicly denounce these anarchists.

You just clearly explained how whether R or D we no longer have a representative government. The media IS the government and these dirt bags we elected just sit there with their hands out for lobbyist money and let us Serfs be damned, while the ministry of truth, ie MSM play us all like a damn fiddle.

link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

They are narcissistic children who grew up with meaningless time outs instead of a firm hand of discipline.

Then the masks and attire will predictably come off and they will melt back into the herd...

Sounds like some branding is in order when they're caught. A large "JACKASS" burned into their forehead with a coat hanger branding iron should get that job done easily enough.

link   

I don't think you know what actual book burning is. That ain't it. This was just burning a small pile of copies of "The Art of the Deal" — that book that somebody wrote and Donald is always taking credit for — for the purpose of click bait. It wasn't legit book burning, it doesn't even appear to a proper (though amateurish) political statement.

What you're talking about with book burning is pretty well impossible in this day and age. Who would even attempt to purge the world of an idea by burning books in 2017? It makes no actual sense as a threat.

It's not a valid concern and so, again, a wholly specious argument.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The appropriate response is always "there was violence on both sides."

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Well that's a big part of the problem. You don't get to decide by your self how your tax dollars are spent. Neither do any of us. That is why we have elections. But when individuals who want what they want irrespective of the laws of the land and will of the people act out then you have anarchy. Where does that stop?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Book + fire = book burning. My God man, the concept isn't that difficult. We've seen threats of mass warfare over individual copies of the koran were *threatened* to be burned... and while I admit there's no comparison between "The Art of the Deal" and the Koran (One being a book of fantastical exaggerations, idol worship, sexist drivel, and self aggrandizing horsecrap and the other being a combination of memoirs and business advice from a billionaire), it's still a fact that maliciously destroying a book with fire is just as serious a statement today as it was 80 years ago.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Sounds like some branding is in order when they're caught. A large "JACKASS" burned into their forehead with a coat hanger branding iron should get that job done easily enough.

I think they should be forced to walk a mile surrounded by Nazi's shouting "Shame, shame, shame, shame.".

That would just be so cool, I think someone in Hollyweird just might put something like that in one of their shows!

edit on 21-8-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join