It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston let's have a conversation or mb not Foul Language Alert

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The guy almost gets lynched for trying to have a discussion.

The world has gone insane if that is labeled as a peaceful protest.

On a side note, those idiotic groups are now targeting and destroying monuments to Christopher Columbus.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

On a side note, those idiotic groups are now targeting and destroying monuments to Christopher Columbus.

That's really not a surprise.

That's the same people that got the Washington Redskins renamed because it was 'offensive'.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The oppression, it hurts.

Sorry AtA, I'll see myself out.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Bostonian here.

The guy was an agitator but that's not an excuse for the behavior of that group of people. It's also not unique to one side or another. I don't know what you are looking for here but this back and forth, your side is worse really isn't much different than what these morons are doing on the streets, we're just wielding words instead of bike locks and cars.

I have no issues with people who want to protest these "Free Speech" and Unite the Right rallies because they truly are about hate... but I think there's a right way and wrong way and it's the wrong way that's getting the attention. Of course there's also the anti-left/liberal lapping it up while they baaaaahhhhhhh.

I say that because it's so ridiculously obvious even just here in our tiny little ATS bubble how threads like this go. One big circle jerk, and complete refusal to actually talk to the few of us Leftists here. We're put on defense immediately, have to denounce the same things we've been denouncing for months... and by then it's on to the next thing.

Yes both sides have extremists.

Unfortunately, saying that has led many people to be called nazi defenders or antifa defenders, etc.

The only way to have cooler heads prevail is to denounce extremist from both sides.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The only way to have cooler heads prevail is to denounce extremist from both sides.

Absolutely, the only problem is that a lot of people say this but do not act through on it. They say to denounce both sides but then continue only denouncing one side.

That goes for both sides and even for me sometimes.
edit on 8/21/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Bostonian here.

The guy was an agitator but that's not an excuse for the behavior of that group of people. It's also not unique to one side or another. I don't know what you are looking for here but this back and forth, your side is worse really isn't much different than what these morons are doing on the streets, we're just wielding words instead of bike locks and cars.

I have no issues with people who want to protest these "Free Speech" and Unite the Right rallies because they truly are about hate... but I think there's a right way and wrong way and it's the wrong way that's getting the attention. Of course there's also the anti-left/liberal lapping it up while they baaaaahhhhhhh.

I say that because it's so ridiculously obvious even just here in our tiny little ATS bubble how threads like this go. One big circle jerk, and complete refusal to actually talk to the few of us Leftists here. We're put on defense immediately, have to denounce the same things we've been denouncing for months... and by then it's on to the next thing.

I intentionally did not comment on the video content because I didn't want the "my side/your side" division being the subject. How do you know he was an agitator? I doubt it very much because when the video starts they aren't attacking him or pushing to have him removed. I would be happy to discuss any issue any time with you. I have deep respect for you and your opinions, you have a big heart and are sympathetic to many causes. That's why ATS is great because you get to know people who might be on the other side of issues personally which, if nothing else, at least allows me to hear your opinions and give them serious consideration. Yes, we're in a bubble here but sometimes that's a good thing.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The girl with the purple hair.

I'd hate to run into her at a beer hall meeting !!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Absolutely, the only problem is that a lot of people say this but do not act through on it. They say to denounce both sides but then continue only denouncing one side.

Sure we have to look at ourselves in the mirror first.

And I also have biaases too.

But I think the bigger issue is that the people in power are only denouncing one side, and either downplaying or outight celebrating the other.

This feuls both sides extremism, and must be called out.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

*screaming in your face*

HOW DARE YOU ENTER MY HATE FREE ZONE! GET OUT OF MY ZONE SO I CAN KEEP HATING YOU!

These people are delusional.

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Lies.

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Indeed. The virtue signaling was quite incredulous. I thought that was bad? I seriously can not keep up.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It looks like anyone that may question or have a differing opinion there will be screamed at and attacked.

I would never walk into a crowd like that because they would probably kill me since I like to ask questions and form my own opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Yes. People need to stop being so damn ugly as well as stop being in such hard core denial of their ugly people. Start calling out your own. It doesn't have to be personal or confrontational. Maybe just generic, anonymous (please protect yourself)... As a ______ I disagree that _____ is the best way to handle this.

Or

If you see good things point them out...

I dunno.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

*screaming in your face*

HOW DARE YOU ENTER MY HATE FREE ZONE! GET OUT OF MY ZONE SO I CAN KEEP HATING YOU!

These people are delusional.

You forgot 3 or4 F$#*s peppered in there. You failed to make the counterprotest team. Sorry that you are a Nazi.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

While the media is radicalizing the right Trump is radicalizing the left. It's the perfect storm and we're starting to see that this "war" between the media and Trump is really a war on the people in my opinion. It's a clear psyop and people are eating it up, as shown in this video.
edit on 8/21/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I know feel it from instinct. I was an activist, hope to be so again just not with those fools.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I got maybe 2 minutes into the video and couldn't keep watching and just kind of skipped through it.

The guy with the camera seems to be levelheaded and is asking for an open conversation, they just shout him down though. How disgraceful but that's mob mentality for you, the more idiots you have in close proximity together the louder and tougher they get.

My favorite part is when the one girl says their "zone" (where they were standing) was "hate free" yet she is screaming in his face the whole time.

I see a lot of people with masks on the ready as well, I wonder why that is?

Let me ask you, do yopu find it disturbing how even here on ATS people can say this guy who we both think was being quite reasonable was an agitator, and therefore this isn't a big deal?

Later on he said he had nothing to say when questioned about it. He was there only to stir up #. Any logical, thinking person sees that.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I don't know what you are looking for here but this back and forth, your side is worse really isn't much different than what these morons are doing on the streets, we're just wielding words instead of bike locks and cars.

Ummmmm, words vs actual violence, that's the key there Kali. When people resort to violence or personal attacks they have lost the intellectual battle. I say this on either side. Who showed more hatred and violence at the Boston Free Speech Rally?

To you larger point you seem to not like the behavior of some here on ATS towards you and others, yet the majority of your side seem to look the other way when "counterprotestors" do exactly the same to Trump supporters in real life, even to the point of outright violence. When the guy drove the car into the crowd, most people rightfully condemned it. I don't claim to have the moral high ground but at least I'm willing to call out reprehensible behavior, regardless of which side does it.

Neither side of this debate is doing themselves a favor, but I don't see Trump supporters trying to ban leftist speakers nor blocking access to leftist rallies. Sure the Neo Nazis did that Friday in Charlottesville but we all know they are fleas in the grand political/social structure. The left has dozens of those kind of blockages, that's the truly disturbing part. For all the supposed hatred and violence of the Right, the Left beat them at that game by a country mile. I don't see this getting better going forward do you? And if you do, how do you think it will get better?
edit on 21-8-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Grambler

I got maybe 2 minutes into the video and couldn't keep watching and just kind of skipped through it.

The guy with the camera seems to be levelheaded and is asking for an open conversation, they just shout him down though. How disgraceful but that's mob mentality for you, the more idiots you have in close proximity together the louder and tougher they get.

My favorite part is when the one girl says their "zone" (where they were standing) was "hate free" yet she is screaming in his face the whole time.

I see a lot of people with masks on the ready as well, I wonder why that is?

Let me ask you, do yopu find it disturbing how even here on ATS people can say this guy who we both think was being quite reasonable was an agitator, and therefore this isn't a big deal?

Later on he said he had nothing to say when questioned about it. He was there only to stir up #. Any logical, thinking person sees that.

I suppose then that all of us who don't see any proof that this man as an agitator are illogical?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

That's really not a surprise.

That's the same people that got the Washington Redskins renamed because it was 'offensive'.

Huh? Who has lost 2 preseason game then?

www.nfl.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join