It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston let's have a conversation or mb not Foul Language Alert

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

yeah wearing the wrong colors or carrying the wrong flag is a reason to assault someone........
you people are looney

Check out this interview on Meet the Press. The antifa professor, in order to justify violence against "white supremacy", tries to conflate words and symbols and costumes with violence, as people in this very thread are doing. This is the mindset of these people. The SPLC guy says that the only way to oppose speech and ideas is with speech and ideas.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Gryphon66

You're dishonestly misrepresenting what I stated

I quoted you word for word just as above this.

If you attack, I have the right to defend. Don't start nothing, won't be nothing.

your "promised" violence is bs it is not an attack

You have your opinion, and I have mine.

Mine is, for clarity, if you attack me, if you assault me, and if you show yourself to be the representative of murder, hatred and violence ... then I have the right to defend myself.

Anything else is your lies.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

They have put themselves in this spot by trying to be PC.

I see conservatives talking about having all the guns and the skinny-jean wearing opposition being wiped out if anything should get started all the time. Nobody even bats an eye at those statements.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

They have put themselves in this spot by trying to be PC.

I see conservatives talking about having all the guns and the skinny-jean wearing opposition being wiped out if anything should get started all the time. Nobody even bats an eye at those statements.

There is a difference between statements and physical violence. That was the point I was trying to make.

(post by shooterbrody removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

There is a difference between acting violently and defending oneself from violence, right?

edit on 23-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The antifa professor, in order to justify violence against "white supremacy", tries to conflate words and symbols and costumes with violence, as people in this very thread are doing.

You are correct.
What is funny to me is that when called out for it here, they just lie, as if they did not post it.
No speech is ever justification for violence.
There are no wizards who make you do anything.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

dont know what you see
only know that what you post is not the truth

nice edit

edit on 23/8/2017 by shooterbrody because: discussing things with a liar who stealth edits his posts

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I think the Nazis have proven they will cook you and your family in ovens. We have to resist that kind of hate with the same and equal force of Free speech.

link   

You are correct.
What is funny to me is that when called out for it here, they just lie, as if they did not post it.

It's more like they torture the language so that it fits. It's like slamming a square peg into a round hole. It has to be done by brute force, ruining either the peg or the hole or both in the process.

link   

Statements like the ones the person in the video and members in this thread are making?

My point is that the PC side is caught in their own trap when they need to be anti-pc.

It would seem like people have no problem with people being anti-pc since nobody tells right-wingers how looney they are for saying that they could easily wipe out a large segment of their fellow citizens.

Hypocrisy abounds.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Dude, here's what you're responding to:

a reply to: introvert

Excellent arguments being made here, you deserve a sea of stars as well ...

Essentially the point is this.

Violence done for political control or advancement is wrong.

Violence done in reaction to the violence of others, or assault, or promised violence (like marching down an American street carrying Nazi flags, White Supremacist flags and torches, shouting Nazi slogans) is self-defense. The right of self-defense is primal ... whether you call it natural rights, common law, etc.

You're spot on, and you're not letting apologists squirm away.

Well done.

That's the quote. Do you have something to say about it?
edit on 23-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Those who live in steath editing bombers should not cast stones.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

There is a difference between acting violently and defending oneself from violence, right?

Yes I can agree to that, but I have this strange feeling you're going to conflate carrying flags and shouting slogas as "acting violently". I don;t have the energy for that sort of casuistry.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Statements like the ones the person in the video and members in this thread are making?

My point is that the PC side is caught in their own trap when they need to be anti-pc.

It would seem like people have no problem with people being anti-pc since nobody tells right-wingers how looney they are for saying that they could easily wipe out a large segment of their fellow citizens.

Hypocrisy abounds.

Maybe not on ATS, but if you've glanced at the media in any way over the past few decades, there are plenty of people telling right-wingers how looney they are.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

Yes I can agree to that, but I have this strange feeling you're going to conflate carrying flags and shouting slogas as "acting violently". I don;t have the energy for that sort of casuistry.

I've said what I said.

I'm glad that you agree that we all have the innate right to defend ourselves, without trying to water it down or suggest that attackers and defenders are "just the same."

Bravo.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

or promised violence (like marching down an American street carrying Nazi flags, White Supremacist flags and torches, shouting Nazi slogans) is self-defense

quoted for the 3rd time
still the same quote

you still advocate meeting speech with violence
that is not self defense
you guys are still looneys

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I've said what I said.

I'm glad that you agree that we all have the innate right to defend ourselves, without trying to water it down or suggest that attackers and defenders are "just the same."

Bravo.

Well groups showing up at other people's rallies and marches with weapons would be attacking not defending.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I'm talking about members of ATS not "calling out" those members who make statements like that but end up virtue signaling, I think that is the term in vogue, when someone from the PC crowd makes similar statements.
edit on 23-8-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

You are correct.

It's more like they torture the language so that it fits. It's like slamming a square peg into a round hole. It has to be done by brute force, ruining either the peg or the hole or both in the process.

I agree
violence on any side is unacceptable
I thought most here agreed with that concept

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

And sometimes two groups just fight. There is no aggressor or victim, just two willing parties to violence.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join