It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston let's have a conversation or mb not Foul Language Alert

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

That was the type of overreaction I was talking about.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

That was the type of overreaction I was talking about.

It was an honest question.
You are defending a person that believes it is okay.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

You are probably a good person.

I don;t know if you are so partisan, or some other thing is affecting you, but you are not living in reality.

You admitted he called for the elimination of Nazi apologists.

It is in black and white, in fact quite specifically addressed by him that he means ALL people supporting Trump are fascists apologists.

You kept discussing context, so I ask you, given that, show me anywhere where this could mean only SOME Trump supporters?

And further more, why would calling for the elimination of some Trump supporters not be something to call out?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

No TB said it is OK to use violence against fascists, et. al.

Nothing to do with my claim that I probably couldn't explain why I think Grambler overreacted.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I have no political affiliation.

I already said it could have been worded better, clearer.

Calling for elimination of people is part of the medium we find ourselves in. It can be drunk posting, bad day, bad life or whatever. At the end of the day I don't really care why one person feels the need to call for the elimination of other's. It's up to the mods to decide if they will allow it or not.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

I have no political affiliation.

I already said it could have been worded better, clearer.

Calling for elimination of people is part of the medium we find ourselves in. It can be drunk posting, bad day, bad life or whatever. At the end of the day I don't really care why one person feels the need to call for the elimination of other's. It's up to the mods to decide if they will allow it or not.

Ok, but you also have to understand that calling out that should be encouraged.

I swear to you I was waiting for him the whole time to say "Of course I don't call for killing Trumps supporters!"

But he just kept going.

Further, I thought that the reactions of people thinking this wasn't what it clearly was, or downplaying it is disturbing.

I think saying "yeah its a really bad thing to say, but maybe he worded it sloppily or is having a bad day" would be a fine response.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Ok, but you also have to understand that calling out that should be encouraged.

Not by me and not based on what I read.

Further, I thought that the reactions of people thinking this wasn't what it clearly was, or downplaying it is disturbing.

I'm guessing it has to do with TB's posting history.

I think saying "yeah its a really bad thing to say, but maybe he worded it sloppily or is having a bad day" would be a fine response.

The thing with me is that I don't care.

Like the "Is it ok to punch a NAZI?" thread.

My answer, if you feel the need have at it. People fight. Nothing anyone says changes their minds.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I didn't vote for anyone. I loathe Clinton. I'm indifferent to Trump.

I haven't paid a ton of attention to Trump since he became President. My question is, what makes him a Nazi/White Supremacist (or a sympathizer of)? I've seen him denounce White Supremacists and other hateful groups (there is a compilation video floating around YouTube some of you may have seen). I don't understand how calling out violence on both sides makes him more aligned with the more distasteful side.

I'm not completely informed on all the sides or recent events. I've seen things here and there. Clips of idiots being idiots. Some on one side, some on another. What I have seen wouldn't make me pick any side. I suppose I never really have.

I claim no political affiliation and couldn't tell you where I would fall on the spectrum.

Anyway, this is not me trying to defend one side or the other. I just want to know what makes Trump a Nazi supporter because I haven't seen it if the evidence is there. What I do see is MSM playing their games, as usual.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
My question is, what makes him a Nazi/White Supremacist (or a sympathizer of)?

People wanting to believe that.

The crux of the matter is that even though Trump is neither of those things some of his supporters are and everyone loves to use the "birds of a feather" fallacy when it helps their argument.
edit on 22-8-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Bull. You're developing quite a bad habit of maligning your fellow ATSers. Well the Left leaning ones anyway.TB was clearly talking about a much more serious set of circumstances than simply being a Trump supporter. He doesn't need to clarify especially to you who will only take your big ass paint brush and start somewhere else all while painting yourself as open to dialogue. Ha. Pathetic. You hijacked a thread and then had to make another one all to malign one guy.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Bull. You're developing quite a bad habit of maligning your fellow ATSers. Well the Left leaning ones anyway.TB was clearly talking about a much more serious set of circumstances than simply being a Trump supporter. He doesn't need to clarify especially to you who will only take your big ass paint brush and start somewhere else all while painting yourself as open to dialogue. Ha. Pathetic. You hijacked a thread and then had to make another one all to malign one guy.

As usual you come in hurling insults.

The poster acknowledged they were calling for the elimination of all nazi apologists, and says that all trump supporters are nazi apologist.

He specifically acknowledges he is not the first to call for genocide on ATS, admitting exactly what he was doing.

It is troubling to see yet another person defend this.
edit on 22-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The poster acknowledged they were calling for the elimination of all nazi apologists, and says that all trump supporters are nazi apologist.

He specifically acknowledges he is not the first to call for genocide on ATS, admitting exactly what he was doing.

It is torubling to see yet another person defend this.

And there you go. I'm defending TB not genocide. Let me stop your liesl right there.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

It is torubling to see yet another person defend this.

And there you go. I'm defending TB not genocide. Let me stop your liesl right there.

You are defending what he said, correct?

Do you find his admition of calling for all nazi apologists (which he admits all trump supporters are) to be elimminated troubling?

edit on 22-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

He's not lying! You're just defending BS, as usual!

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I'm defending TB against your twisting of his words.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: pavil

I don't have a problem with anything of this, we have my statements as well.

Everybody is free to make up his own mind, right?

#FreeSpeech
#???
Indeed. So Public, I am a Trump supporter, am I a fascist? What should be done to those classified as fascist? Let's hear your own mind on it, you seem to have one.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

So then you see him admitting he is caalling for the elimination of trump supporters, and you chose to believe that this is not what he meant.

You are defending his words.

Thats fine that you think they are being twisted.

He admitted to he was not the first peron top call for the elimination of a political base. ADMITTED.

You are welcome to go through those quotes and tell me were that is not the case.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Total nonsense. Everybody knows what he said. It's not even up for debate at this point.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

The scary thing Grambler, is that this few is much larger than ANTIFA and a few ATS posters. I lived in the San Francisco bay area for several years and this form of leftist extremism is very common. I've worked and interacted with many people who were students at UC Berkeley and Stanford and other bay area universities and colleges that had professors feeding them this garbage years ago. I even had a professor at a community college years ago talk about how Republicans should be lined up and shot in the streets. This extremism isn't new, it's just much more prevalent and now out in the open and being pushed by the MSM.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

TrueBrit says that every Trump supporter is a fascist? Do you agree with that Kali? I don't want to twist your words, lets us hear your views.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join