It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston let's have a conversation or mb not Foul Language Alert

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I have to thank Perfectenemy for posting this video in another thread but I posted it here because I think it's one of the most instructive 8 minute videos you could ever watch. I won't bother posting my opinion about it because I'm certain you will form your own. The video ends with the arrest of the guy holding the camera.

Warning: Graphic language and personally very saddening to watch.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The guy with the camera was an agitator:

Clear the square!

edit on 21-8-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Never mind... nothing unexpected.
edit on 21-8-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I was hoping for little more tolerance and a little less hate.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Sorry, white supremacist do not get much sympathy in this country. Try moving to South Africa.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I got maybe 2 minutes into the video and couldn't keep watching and just kind of skipped through it.

The guy with the camera seems to be levelheaded and is asking for an open conversation at the beginning, they just shout him down though. How disgraceful but that's mob mentality for you, the more idiots you have in close proximity together the louder and tougher they get.

My favorite part is when the one girl says their "zone" (where they were standing) was "hate free" yet she is screaming in his face the whole time.

I see a lot of people with masks on the ready as well, I wonder why that is?

ETA: We don't see what is said before the camera starts rolling and I think we should take that into consideration before we start jumping to conclusions. For all we know the cameraman could have instigated the fight before putting an act on on camera.

Not saying that is what happened but it's a possibility.
edit on 8/21/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Good Lord.....

Just imagine what kind of Legislation that side would push through given the chance. I hope the Democrats follow them over the cliff. There doesn't seem to be any way of reasoning with them or having a rationale discussion.

....and they wonder why they lost the election. Obamas real legacy. He should be proud of this. Sad thing is that he probably is.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The guy with the camera was an agitator:

Thats right. If you want to express free speech in front of this crowd, you are an agitator.

Terrible.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Sorry, white supremacist do not get much sympathy in this country. Try moving to South Africa.

Oh and was the camera guy a white supremacist too?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The guy with the camera seems to be levelheaded and is asking for an open conversation

At a protest?

This is worst than WWF.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Says the left wing supremacists.

Whats' the difference?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I got maybe 2 minutes into the video and couldn't keep watching and just kind of skipped through it.

The guy with the camera seems to be levelheaded and is asking for an open conversation, they just shout him down though. How disgraceful but that's mob mentality for you, the more idiots you have in close proximity together the louder and tougher they get.

My favorite part is when the one girl says their "zone" (where they were standing) was "hate free" yet she is screaming in his face the whole time.

I see a lot of people with masks on the ready as well, I wonder why that is?

I agree.

Let me ask you, do yopu find it disturbing how even here on ATS people can say this guy who we both think was being quite reasonable was an agitator, and therefore this isn't a big deal?

I kept hearing people on ATS saying people were excusing violence for nazis but I didn't see it, but I can post to several people that have made excuses for this violence in Boston.

To me it is disturbing.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Yeah, I just realized that we don't see what the cameraman says before he starts recording. He could have instigated it.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yeah, I just realized that we don't see what the cameraman says before he starts recording. He could have instigated it.

Even if he didn't, this is not the place to go looking for "an open conversation".

It is a place for chanting and shouting matches and that is in the best of cases.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Another agitator getting his.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

We don't know what happened before the camera started rolling so I can't say who instigated it, though it does look like the cameraman was trying to be reasonable when approaching them as they shouted him down.

Going by the video the group seems to be in the wrong though, that's all we have to go by. I do find it a bit disturbing that they jump to that conclusion in spite of the video evidence.
edit on 8/21/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I applaud the guy for at least trying if what the footage shows is the whole story, though his implication that they were going to hell was a bit uncalled for.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

If he had they would already have been dressing him down and telling him to GTFO.
I feel pretty confident this starts about where the real conversation/confrontation begins

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Bostonian here.

The guy was an agitator but that's not an excuse for the behavior of that group of people. It's also not unique to one side or another. I don't know what you are looking for here but this back and forth, your side is worse really isn't much different than what these morons are doing on the streets, we're just wielding words instead of bike locks and cars.

I have no issues with people who want to protest these "Free Speech" and Unite the Right rallies because they truly are about hate... but I think there's a right way and wrong way and it's the wrong way that's getting the attention. Of course there's also the anti-left/liberal lapping it up while they baaaaahhhhhhh.

I say that because it's so ridiculously obvious even just here in our tiny little ATS bubble how threads like this go. One big circle jerk, and complete refusal to actually talk to the few of us Leftists here. We're put on defense immediately, have to denounce the same things we've been denouncing for months... and by then it's on to the next thing.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
That was a "hate free zone"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join