It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justifiable hatred...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: YouSir

The media is feeding an all to willing section of the public that is willing to do anything they are instructed to do. This is a good reason to not have 6 large corporations control almost all American see hear and read.

Fascism is intolerant no matter who uses it.

It's not the media that manufactures hate. Most here at ATS claim to not even watch the MSM but still they hate.
Time to take responsibility for our own hateful emotions and vitriol and not seek scapegoats.

I have given up on reuniting the ATS community after the hate Ive experienced

Where to now...I wonder...?

We might as well fight it out to it's ultimate conclusion. Bring it...

Ummm...I really think you conflate the emotional makeup of your fellows here Jimmy...

Your claim is specious...howabout instead of practicing projectionism...you bring something constructive to the thread...

Why not let go of your stated negative emotional baggage and step lighter...?

Look...I for one wouldn't mind having a real conversation...what say we leave animosity aside and roll up the sleeves of those arms your flexing...?

What say you...?

YouSir

I'm not Jimmy. Who do you want a conversation with?

Ummm...look Olaru...In my minds eye I see a very intelligent individual...with fine qualities...
I have often thought to myself...wow...look at the things you have done...
Then one day a wall rose up between us...you there...on the other side...I on my own version...
Lately I've come to realize that that wall was a construct of my own...and of your own making...

I'm merely seeking to pry loose one of the stones...perhaps...if we pry it loose together...we could look from our separate perspectives and see the humanity that waits on each other side...

I ever was a dreamer you know...but I can lay all of my misconceptions aside...I can think of you in a way that precludes animus and instead allows for difference...I never was a very good mason anyway...

YouSir

Ok, let's build some trust. You first...

Ummm...I apologize to you...I was not always caught in the grip of partisanship...I allowed the way I thought and felt about certain aspects of this volatile political season to cloud my better judgement...

Sometimes I gloated over incomplete understanding...often I would use the ruse of quip to disparage and interject opinion...rather than reason...

It seemed intoxicating to belittle...I became a caricature of that person who used to write in the short stories forum...

I should not have treated you or anyone else that way and I'm sorry...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Punish them for propaganda over factual data,that went unconfirmed ,legally.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The media is feeding an all to willing section of the public that is willing to do anything they are instructed to do. This is a good reason to not have 6 large corporations control almost all American see hear and read.

It's not the media that manufactures hate. Most here at ATS claim to not even watch the MSM but still they hate.
Time to take responsibility for our own hateful emotions and vitriol and not seek scapegoats.

Ummm...I really think you conflate the emotional makeup of your fellows here Jimmy...

Your claim is specious...howabout instead of practicing projectionism...you bring something constructive to the thread...

Look...I for one wouldn't mind having a real conversation...what say we leave animosity aside and roll up the sleeves of those arms your flexing...?

What say you...?

YouSir

Ummm...look Olaru...In my minds eye I see a very intelligent individual...with fine qualities...
Then one day a wall rose up between us...you there...on the other side...I on my own version...
Lately I've come to realize that that wall was a construct of my own...and of your own making...

I'm merely seeking to pry loose one of the stones...perhaps...if we pry it loose together...we could look from our separate perspectives and see the humanity that waits on each other side...

I ever was a dreamer you know...but I can lay all of my misconceptions aside...I can think of you in a way that precludes animus and instead allows for difference...I never was a very good mason anyway...

YouSir

Ummm...I apologize to you...I was not always caught in the grip of partisanship...I allowed the way I thought and felt about certain aspects of this volatile political season to cloud my better judgement...

Sometimes I gloated over incomplete understanding...often I would use the ruse of quip to disparage and interject opinion...rather than reason...

It seemed intoxicating to belittle...I became a caricature of that person who used to write in the short stories forum...

YouSir

I too became drunk on the anonymity and ease of partisan rhetoric. I didn't come here for this political sh!t but it sucks you in and the competition is enjoyable for awhile. The sarcasm and witticisms turn repetitious and stale.
My self righteous attitude was so phony coming from a at one time drug addicted drunk. I can't excuse those old thought processes from my drunk years but they still haunt me.

I used to chide others "don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense" when I was guilty as anyone else for being a hopeless hypocrite. I'm sorry for my previous trashy behavior on the boards to you YouSir and everyone else.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

What say you...?

YouSir

YouSir

YouSir

I too became drunk on the anonymity and ease of partisan rhetoric. I didn't come here for this political sh!t but it sucks you in and the competition is enjoyable for awhile. The sarcasm and witticisms turn repetitious and stale.
My self righteous attitude was so phony coming from a at one time drug addicted drunk. I can't excuse those old thought processes from my drunk years but they still haunt me.

I used to chide others "don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense" when I was guilty as anyone else for being a hopeless hypocrite. I'm sorry for my previous trashy behavior on the boards to you YouSir and everyone else.

Ummm...thank you my friend...I called you that a longish while ago when you visited one of my threads...I meant it then...I mean it now...

When I reflect on how much of a changling I'd become it makes me realize It's not about me...

It's not about how internalized I'd taken a touch of sarcasm...or what would have otherwise been a joke...it's about you and everyone else who I had placed on some imaginary other side...was only there because I wished it so...

Looking out at those people made me realize that there had to be a better way forward...I could see my own behavior reflected in their actions and it made me sick...

Your not my Enemy Olaru...you never were...and I was never yours...

Exercises in futility have only their practitioners to blame...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I hate. I hate anyone who would step in the rights of others to fit their agenda.

I Hate politicians who's corruption knows no bounds.

I hate the idea that people are stupid enough to # back and let the government tread on them without recourse

And I hate the people who encourage the government to tread on others while taking advantage of all that the government steaks from there people.

So yes, I hate. I will continue to hate all of the above so long as i have a breath in my body.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Opposition does not create opinion. We all have opinion. You have one. I have one. An opinion is a part of who we are.

I would argue that what we have lost is the ability to separate opinion itself from fact.

You and I might use the same fact with our opinions, but your opinion might lead you to understand a fact differently than mind would. Too many people think the opinion is part and parcel with the fact.

For an example of what I am talking about ... I was on facebook years ago and used a data set pulled from the Federal crime statistics to help support my opinion. The person I was discussing with rejected them outright because I had pulled those crime stats through Heritage, even though Heritage pulled them straight from the Feds. That person continued to reject those stats even though I tracked down the exact same table used by a left-leaning site later on.

For that person, those stats had been tainted by the Heritage Foundation which does look at things with a more conservative opinion behind them. So they used those numbers to bolster a conservative case. I used them to bolster my case, independent of that case, and the left-leaning site made yet a third opinion case based off them. They were simply facts to support those three ideas. But they got lumped in as part of the opinion all the same.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join