It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justifiable hatred...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ummm...step right up...come one come all..."This way to the...egress"...

Throughout all of this manufactured dissent...this manufactured conflict...there runs a central theme...This theme is the belief by some that it's OK...even justified...to hate an individual or persons...or a group...because the perceptual narrative as it's disseminated through various forms of media paint a certain perspective...Quite obvious also is the purpose behind such an orchestration...

As I watched the events of the recent past unfold I realized that the thread that bound all of these sad scenarios together was a belief in some form of justifiable hatred...
There were groups and individuals protesting hate by hurling invective and practicing exclusionary tactics to the point of physical altercation...

Gone was the tolerance they preached...Gone the compassion they preached...gone the "love trumps hate" they preached...all laid to the wayside as they set about those who dared to speak about freedoms of speech and assembly with the very signs they held proclaiming love and tolerance...

"Oh what a tangled web we weave"...

Case in point:

I see a huge difference between people hating people who hate than people who just hate.

This little gem from another member in a thread by Grambler...

Now it's not necessary to name any names...that's not the point...the point is the mindset that articulated such a convoluted justification...

Apparently if a person or persons or group hates another person or persons or group...then one is justified to hate that person or persons or group because the articulated narrative states that it's socially acceptable and even desirable...

I'm trying to wrap my mind around these concepts...They are so foreign to not only my belief systems...but to my character...and to my personal perceptions of who I am and how I fit into this broadened theme...

You see...I'm not a practicioner of hatred...hatred to me is a very destructive emotion...in fact I believe it to be a powerful negative force that corrupts the end user...I find no use for it...Hatred is anathema to who and what I am...Instead I practice positivity...although the impish side of my nature does raise it's churlish head...as you can no doubt attest...

Somehow the irony of someone carrying a sign that states tolerance all while smashing that sign into the head of someone else...just belies the original intent...

I'm wondering how anyone watching these events as they played out...not recognize how thoroughly these scenario's were set up and how perfectly all of the actors were played...

What an embarrassment...what a sad commentary on evolved sensibility...what a proof positive that enlightened discourse lay broken and bleeding on those fields...

And what do we have to show for it...hatred trumped love...tolerance was broken beneath justifications fist...compassion on life support...the high road now a subway...

I'm embarrassed...I'm saddened...I'm sick to my stomach...not one scene of a hand reaching across in open acceptance of difference...

Where to now...I wonder...?

YouSir

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

The media is feeding an all to willing section of the public that is willing to do anything they are instructed to do. This is a good reason to not have 6 large corporations control almost all American see hear and read.

Fascism is intolerant no matter who uses it.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Throughout all of this manufactured dissent...

I just don't see the divide as being manufactured, I think it's as real as real gets and it's about important issues. As a people we've just grown too far apart to be effectively governed to the satisfaction of all concerned by the same government.

Only solution I see is abdication by the Feds of a say in the more socially divisive issues and a relegation of these issues to the states. I'm guessing the Liberal left isn't there yet, but if the next elections don't go their way, then maybe.

edit on 21-8-2017 by imwilliam because: spellin

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Well on with the show of course! Programming is 70% complete. One more generation to go.
edit on 21-8-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

TRY not to get banned snapping at the trollage that is rampant...WE know.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Good question... life seems to be resembling a cartoon these days.
I don't know wether to laugh or cry when I see white people holding signs that say " white people suck", while at the same time throwing a punch at a black man merely for being republican.

The insanity of the left is becoming mind boggling... can they not step back and see how ludicrously hypocritical they can be ?

It really does feel as if I'm watching some crazy cartoon .

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The media is feeding an all to willing section of the public that is willing to do anything they are instructed to do

People are unable or unwilling to think for themselves.

They rely on being spoonfed their opinions.

The problem is not media per se (although the consolidation of corporatism is indeed a problem), the problem is the profit driven 24/7 news cycle that preys on partisanship for profit.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

The media is feeding an all to willing section of the public that is willing to do anything they are instructed to do. This is a good reason to not have 6 large corporations control almost all American see hear and read.

Fascism is intolerant no matter who uses it.

It's not the media that manufactures hate. Most here at ATS claim to not even watch the MSM but still they hate.
Time to take responsibility for our own hateful emotions and vitriol and not seek scapegoats.

I have given up on reuniting the ATS community after the hate Ive experienced

We might as well fight it out to it's ultimate conclusion. Bring it...

edit on 21-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yes. You're the victim. Understood.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Most here at ATS claim to not even watch the MSM but still they hate.

That is what is so interesting. People "claim" this, but they use the same talking points and phrases over and over at any given time, and when a new term or phrase comes along...

Where does this come from??

Not being able to form their own opinions.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

One could argue the point that actual diversity in thoughts and views are not properly represented. Only opposing views.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The left is so angry over the election that they have lost their collective heads, and, I think, some have literally gone quite insane.

If you stand up for the right to speak, the right to peacefully assemble, and if you think that all Civil War period historical monuments should not be mutilated or removed, this DOES NOT make you a white supremacist nor a neo Nazi.

People are sick of being labelled by the Left. The Left leaning mind cannot function normally unless they are allowed to force you into some identity box of THEIR choosing.

I think they are ill....I'm not kidding. Something is wrong with them psychologically and they are out of control. I think it will only escalate until they have a breakdown and need intervention.
edit on 21-8-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

One could argue the point that actual diversity in thoughts and views are not properly represented. Only opposing views.

Insofar as what, and where?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

Throughout all of this manufactured dissent...

I just don't see the divide as being manufactured, I think it's as real as real gets and it's about important issues. As a people we've just grown too far apart to be effectively governed to the satisfaction of all concerned by the same government.

Only solution I see is abdication by the Feds of a say in the more socially divisive issues and a relegation of these issues to the states. I'm guessing the Liberal left isn't there yet, but if the next elections don't go their way, then maybe.

Ummm...of course the divide is being manufactured...where was it a mere scant decade ago...

This lies at the feet of a man that was of two natures become one...one aspect of his nature he despised...the other aspect of his nature...he tamped down the good qualities and championed the negative...

Divisiveness was the game of the day...a man who had it within his very physical self to show what true harmony might become...instead promulgated and highlighted difference so that it became flashpoint...

What a waste...what a sad existence to hate one side of your very self so thoroughly that it stains and corrupts your soul...

Nothing was perfected or pure that scant decade ago...however...it was certainly not the world we wake to every morning in this present either...

Such a waste...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Libertarian views? Classic liberal views? Views of someone who doesn't care to pick a political side? Independent views?

Where are these in the MSM? We have opposing viewpoints in the MSM.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Well on with the show of course! Programming is 70% complete. One more generation to go.

Ummm...it kind of reminds me of a Robert Silverberg novel...I'm stuck on this horrid merry go round while the aching strains of the calliope screeches it's falsetto dirge...and attests to the nature of this grim carnival...

Off...I just want to get off...

Sorry...maybe not quite that melodramatic...right...?

YouSir

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

When have they ever truly been represented?

Why does the media essentially ignore a third party candidate in favor of The Big Two?

Hell, why aren't third party candidates on the ballot in every state, but only selectively?

That goes back to what I said in a previous post. To add: opposition sells. It also creates opinions and perpetuates the conflict.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I would describe it as apt.

link   

I disagree, if the news was truly objective and was only telling the people what happened, when it happened and to whom it happened, we would not have the problems we do now. Even it it was 24/7 for profit.

link   

Yes. You're the victim. Understood.

I'm not a victim...I just don't care anymore.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join