It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bannon's "Killing Machine" Mistakes Lukas Podolski for Migrant on Jetski, Internet Dies Laughing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Lmao. Not much else to be said about this really. Not the first time Breitbart has been caught throwing random images with stories to push their agenda but the fake news "machine" has really out-done itself this time.

Breitbart apologises after using picture of Lukas Podolski on jet-ski in story about migrant gangs

The article entitled "Spanish Police Crack Gang Moving Migrants on Jet-Skis" originally appeared on Sunday with a picture of the recently-retired German star on a jet-ski before it was swiftly changed.

It is understood the picture, rather than being taken off the Spanish coast, was instead from the 2014 World Cup in Brazil when the German national team were enjoying a day off.

The new picture, btw, has not much of anything to do with their story either. It's actually an AP picture from July, showing Nigerians rescued from the waters off Italy aboard a Swedish naval ship

And here we have a recent photo that probably isn't Bannon (but who knows/cares?):

edit on 2017-8-21 by theantediluvian because: better title

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I know, I know. I shouldn't have disparaged the fictional character Nix by any insinuation that he was on Bannon's level.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well this is serious.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well, don't they ("migrants") all look alike anyway, regardless if they're German or Middle eastern or Norwegian? So...

Honest mistake? lol

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Well, to be fair, he has a little bit of a tan and he's flashing a peace sign. Clearly they mistook that grin as the rape-y smile of a foreign invader thinking about how much "white genocide" he's about to get up to.

Probably on his way to take down all the statues. It'll be a mess. How will people know history without statues? I once had to write a history paper and I couldn't find the correct statue and I was sure I was going to be doomed to repeat history in some Ground Hog Day loop.'

Luckily, at the last moment I found an informative bust sitting next to a pile of history books.
edit on 2017-8-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Well this is serious.

Would it be serious if it was CNN or some other news source using bogus pictures of "immigrants" with their stories? I feel like people tend to flip out when that happens.

Or nah?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

We'll let Matt Drudge be the judge of when we flip out around here mister!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Does he still put that red strobe on his site when something bigly is happening?

That's a very helpful gimmick.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Yeah something tells me if this was CNN and a "hot topic" we wouldn't have a thumbs down and sarcasm...

More likely 76 flags and all the outrage in the world.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I thought that meant there were fresh donuts?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Well, to be fair, he has a little bit of a tan and he's flashing a peace sign.

To be fair, the guy driving clearly has a freakin' suicide vest on, too.

I once had to write a history paper and I couldn't find the correct statue

I once had a history class where there were no books, only assigned statues.

at the last moment I found an informative bust sitting next to a pile of history books.

Luckily, I found the busty blonde sitting right next to me. I passed.
edit on 21-8-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

"VERY FAKE NEWS CNN STAGES PHOTO OF GERMAN FOOTBALLER ON JETSKI"

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

You know what I hated about school? Having to lug all those heavy statues around with me everywhere. If only there was some way to I dunno, capture history in a more portable form? It would probably revolutionize the whole world.
edit on 2017-8-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It's sad people believe that Breitbart and co. tell the truth just because the MSM lies.

But whatever. That's about par for the course these days.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Hazardous1408

"VERY FAKE NEWS CNN STAGES PHOTO OF GERMAN FOOTBALLER ON JETSKI"

You made me think of something...

What's with the "very fake news" mantra?

Can fake be measured?
Can something be "not so fake but still fake just not as fake as very fake"?

I suppose breast implants can be "kinda fake but not completely fake"...

Don't tell me, it ("very fake") originated from the master orator Donald Trump?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Am I allowed to say "FAKE NEWS" here?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

You know what I hated about school? Having to lug all those heavy statues around with me everywhere.

I just threw a rope around them, er, made someone else in the minorities studies carry them for me.

If only there was some way to I dunno, capture history in a more portable form? It would probably revolutionize the whole world.

That would indeed be revolutionary. Of course, we'd need to educate people on how to find these hypothetical instruments of liberal indoctrination.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Lol, that's hilarious.

Question: did you read the article, or is this topic just about the stock photo they used?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
On a FAKE NEWS scale of 1 to 10 this is 100

top topics

<<   2 >>

join