It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you Erase the History of a Country, that history is Bound to Be Repeated.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bwomp83

Yes because it should not still be an issue just because of the fact no black person before the last generation received ANY inheritance from their forefathers labor...

None received a buisness ..

None received land or a trust fund... none..

They should definitely not be upset even though in some cases the profits of their fore fathers labor is still in the same old money bank account it was then..

What percent of whites get some form of an inheritance??

50%...60% maybe???

That doesn't just go away in 2 generations...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

There is a big difference in saying white people now should not be blamed, and shamed for what happened 200 years ago

But, going by your thread title, if we have no statues of white people in 19th century clothing whipping black folks, how will white people know not to do it?

I am sorry, was the Statue of Lee whipping slaves or showing pride in mistreating slaves?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

The only people being shamed for slavery are those still sporting confederate flags...

The flag of the biggest traitors in US history.. while most will claim to be a patriot..

Lmao..

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

50%...60% maybe???

If someone cant piss their inheritance away in one generation they aren't trying hard enough, tell them to give me a call.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

The only people being shamed for slavery are those still sporting confederate flags...

The flag of the biggest traitors in US history.. while most will claim to be a patriot..

Lmao..

First of all I am not, nor have i ever "sported a confederate flag, nor any nazi flags, or symbols"...

But perhaps you will finally be happy when you see white people, even yourself if you are white, or even minorities who dare be on the right side of the political spectrum in chains and shamed all day long...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Yes! What's next?

Burn books?

Its about not honoring evil people in history not suppressing it

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

So I am guessing Washington, and Lincoln were "evil people" according to you. After all, they have also been called to be removed, or were burnt by hatred from the left.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

So I am guessing Washington, and Lincoln were "evil people" according to you. After all, they have also been called to be removed, or were burnt by hatred from the left.

The cause of the confederacy was evil. The people who started a bloody war to maintain their slaves were evil in the eyes of history and the moral paradigm of the age then and now.
No, those people whoever they were who burned those statues were in error, imo

Do you support the cause of the confederacy?

edit on 21-8-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sure let's don't let an opportunity to trash Clinton pass.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Yes because it should not still be an issue just because of the fact no black person before the last generation received ANY inheritance from their forefathers labor...

None received a buisness ..

None received land or a trust fund... none..

They should definitely not be upset even though in some cases the profits of their fore fathers labor is still in the same old money bank account it was then..

50%...60% maybe???

Pffffft, what did they make, $100 a year back then?
Your horribly misyaken if you honestly believe that was 2 generations ago.... try many generations.
Im related to the Halliburtons, you see me crying for inheritance? Nope, im a grown a$$ man, dont need it. I have better things to worry about then what my ancestors have done. That time has come and past. If you want to live in the past then stay there, you dont deserve to move forward until you realize thats all you can do. People today do not owe anyone of something that happened more like 8 generations ago

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

thats like black people being mad about slavery, which hasnt existed nor have they ever been a part of it or known anyone to be

How far back are you trying to go? My great grandmother was over 100 years old when she died. I was still young but my family would go visit her and my great aunt twice a year. My great grandmother was also the daughter of former slaves & she lived the early part of her life as a sharecropper. After slavery ended, her parents became sharecroppers under the "Black Codes" laws before she was born. She originally had 2 brothers who were also sharecroppers with her, but they were killed in their front yard by Klansmen. My great grandmother was one of the few survivors of the attack so she fled the State (Alabama) for Florida, though some of her relatives remained there.

My family also has extensive records on our family tree, going back 6 generations, 8 generations, and back to the Muscogee people/"Creek Indians". I know that one family tree goes back through Kentucky when it was still a territory and to the Kingdom of Benin (which is not the same as the modern country of Benin). We know the names of the slave owners, the plantation names, the dates, number of children, etc. Some of the slaves on my Mom's father's side even helped build Chaires, Florida since they were some of "his" slaves.

Just because you don't know anyone affected by slavery here doesn't mean we don't. Growing up in the South, people here are quite aware of this stuff. And most of the white people that I know from the South can tell you which of their ancestors owned slaves, how many, where, etc. That's one reason so many of them aggressively defend that crap and make excuses for the slaveowners; because we're literally talking about their family members.

And for the record, it's not just the slavery that pisses us off. It's the slavery followed by the "Black Codes", followed by the "Jim Crow laws", followed by the opposition to the "Civil Rights Movement", followed by the "Massive Resistance" (also HERE), followed by the "police brutality epidemic of the 70s and 80s", followed by the racial profiling/ "stop and frisk"/"broken windows" of today, etc.

If the BS ended with the end of the Civil War, it would be great. But the BS has continued in different forms to this day. And lo and behold, we all have recent ancestors and living family members who've gone through these extra phases of BS.
edit on 21-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The cause of the confederacy was evil. The people who started a bloody war to maintain their slaves were evil in the eyes of history and the moral paradigm of the age then and now.
No, those people whoever they were who burned those statues were in error, imo

Do you support the cause of the confederacy?

The confederacy back then were democrats, are you a democrat now, or do you support, and defend democrats?...

As for the Statues of Washington and Lincoln, it is the hatred sewn by the left, and it is the left calling for the removal of those historical figures as well.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

The confederacy back then were democrats, are you a democrat now...

The Republicans back then were progressive ideologues, are you a progressive ideologue?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
If the BS ended with the end of the Civil War, it would be great. But the BS has continued in different forms to this day. And lo and behold, we all have recent ancestors and living family members who've gone through these extra phases of BS.

So i guess hispanics, and white people should have a beef with the Arab and Muslim world because to this day there are hispanics and white people who are being traded in the slave trade/human trafficking, alongside non-arab blacks and other ethnic groups who are still being trafficked by different groups, including Muslim Arabs...

Before white people began enslaving blacks, Arabs were already enslaving blacks, whites, and any tribe that was conquered. Not to mention that i guess whites should have a beef with whites because the Romans also had many white slaves from other tribes alongside some black slaves...

As for your beef about the opposition to the Civil Rights Movement, the jim Crow laws, the black codes etc...Those were laws passed by democrats... Do you have a beef with democrats over this?... Not to mention, the majority of black murders are black on black violent attacks, so why blame white people when the majority of such murders are committed by blacks?

edit on 21-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The Republicans back then were progressive ideologues, are you a progressive ideologue?

The meaning of progress has changed. The left changed it's meaning so that "progress" now only refers to leftwing political views.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Is it good to get rid of all references to the era when Black People were made slaves, or lynched? The group known as CAIR, wants all references removed from every aspect of American life.

www.cair.com...

African American school children will not even know that their ancestors were slaves. That's not good.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The meaning of progress has changed. The left changed it's meaning so that "progress" now only refers to leftwing political views.

The Republican Party were at one time 'the left' according to your current view; they advocated for inheritance taxes, national health services, limiting the ability of judges to halt strikes, minimum wages, farm relief and worker's compensation for injuries.

Do you support any or all of those? Because the Republican Party once did. Hell, they weren't even progressive enough for Teddy Roosevelt who started an even more progressive party called, wait for it, the Progressive Party.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Blah, everyone is bickering and fighting about # they can not change, blaming people who have nothing to do with that crap in the past. Everybody wants hand outs. What part of, we are not ever going to move forward as a whole until we grow up, realize # was wrong and theres nothing anybody can do to change that nor make it better. This crap can go on for decades or centuries, back and forth until we let go and move forward... im starting to think maybe the world deserves to burn, maybe god just knew then thats the only way to fix #. Destroy it all and start over. Humanity isnt mature nor grown enough to set aside hatred and grudges to spiritually evolve beyond what we are now with out a hard reset!!!
edit on 21-8-2017 by Bwomp83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Plenty take those inheritances and turn them into more money.. or just live off the interest...

There is some old money running around that is centuries old.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join