It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So now that the skies are lit again- oh look- more troops in Afghanistan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

My point was they ( them over in the middle east) need us there to enact their plan. Our presence fuels their recruitments.

THey had this plan since before 9/11. 9/11 happened, they wanted us to fight them. Thats exactly what we did. They then knew they would create insurgency and chaos against brother and soldier. All to recruit recruit recruit. Then they promised a caliphate with its own currency by 2014 if the plan went as they plotted it. It happened. Has it weakened. Hell yes. But Something else will pop up as long as we are there. If we leave... completely.... They have no recruitment tools in a year. Loss of interest in 3, they decide to rebuild their own damn country in 5. And they leave us the hell alone

So Id say. Cut the leg off before infection kills ya

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Now do we chew off our leg and limp off?

We all know that the middle east is like Hydra. You cut off one head and ten more grow in its place.

After 16 years of cutting off heads, there comes a time when you have to chew off the rotting leg and limp away while the rest of the body is still in tact.

These people cannot be fought by way of conventional boots on the ground.

It's time for a new plan.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

a reply to: bknapple32

I suppose we should lose the leg and hop off towards the sunset.

Based on the information we have, maybe that's the best choice.

But what if we don't know everything?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Thats the kicker...

We dont. But.

We do know enough from generals and former IC who say this is a waste. Our common sense dictates this is a waste. Our countries bank account dictates this is a waste.

At some point, we need to stop being afraid. Leave, hold our breath for a couple years ( whats the difference between that and the status quo anyways, right?). And hope for the best.

Cause meanwhile... warhawks get richer... Afghani's get poorer... Our soldiers deal with more problems... And no one is better off.
edit on 21-8-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

The only hope at this point is that maybe Mattis has come up with a fresh new plan.

But that doesn't sound like what's going to end up happening... it's stinks highly of same old same old.

I guess we'll all find out soon enough when Trump makes his announcement later tonight.

Me ? I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Last I read Warrior Monk wanted this, and if he is requesting it he feels there is a good plan in place. the guy has a track record of not throwing away his troops for S&G's.

Also folks really need to decide which it is, should trump listen to his team or just make the call solo, the criteria seems to switch with the wind.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I just hope all the Trump supporters put their money where there mouth is and support this new Trump expansion on the WOT. It's always worked in the past!! You voted for him...support him now when it really counts for something.

You praise him even when he makes a fool of himself...support him now. It will be bigly more winning. Believe me...you will get so sick of winning
edit on 21-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
Almost every president I have seen in my life has been a liar and has got themselves involved in one war or anouther.

It's not a partisan thing it's just a safe bet they are going to say one thing on the campaign trail and then do another thing once in office and they always get blood on their hands some how.

I'm just surprised that people keep falling for it.
I'm at the same point, and with politics generally with few exceptions.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I guess the most that any of us can do is speak our minds and vote.

I'm a fairly awesome guy with 16 friends on Facebook, but even with that monolithic powerhouse behind me, not a lot any of us can do.

I'm personally sick of war. Been there and done that.

So I know a tiny bit. And I'm sick of it.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Couldnt agree more.
I am sick of war too. I was lucky enough to live 17 years on Earth before 9/11. Not much, but enough to see what the world used to be.... I cant imagine growing up in a life with nothing but.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I've dealt with;
Commies in the 80's
Bosnia in the 90's
Iraq and Afghanistan in the 00's and teens.

I'm ready to grow roses in my garden and play bridge at the Elk's Club on Tuesdays.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I am with you, i am really not interested in any more deployments, I am ready to start the next phase of my life and get an office job and try to make some real money.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I guess I feel like I was more secluded from those things in the 80s and 90s cause i was a kid. And all we used the internet for in the 90s as kids was aol chatrooms. I was 8 when Clinton was elected. lol

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I was in my early 30's.

*get off my lawn*

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I literally and purposely walked on my neighbors lawn for saying that to me. He was the house before the crossing guard. That guy got a lot of our sht too come to think of it

Ahhhh the good ole days

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Fox News is confirming that 4,000 more of our sons and daughters are going to Afghanistan. I hope the "plan" is more than just more targets for snipers.

President Trump must have given in to his military advisors. He trusts them, more than his own intuition, apparently.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Fox News is confirming that 4,000 more of our sons and daughters are going to Afghanistan. I hope the "plan" is more than just more targets for snipers.

President Trump must have given in to his military advisors. He trusts them, more than his own intuition, apparently.

Let's see how much Trump supporters will maintain the adoration when its their own sons and daughters lives on the line.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Let's see how much Trump supporters will maintain the adoration when its their own sons and daughters lives on the line.

I'm glad my youngest son chose college, instead of the military, even though it's costing us a pretty penny.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm glad my youngest son chose college, instead of the military, even though it's costing us a pretty penny.

You don't trust Trump to lead us to a glorious military victory. To win...?

I bailed on my support for Obama the minute he sent in more people to the ME.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Honestly, in this day in age... Unless its a family tradition... I see no purpose in joining the military. At least one that is playing offense. Patriotism yea... but Id argue most of our boys are fighting to save eachother. In the absence of an actual objective, its hard to fight for warhawks. Even with an objective- WE all know at ATS, most wars are for the rich and elite to exploit on the backs of fallen soldiers.

When is enough enough?

War stops, if everyone stops signing up to fight the rich man's fight

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join