It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So now that the skies are lit again- oh look- more troops in Afghanistan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

OPIUM and lithium,seem to weigh HEAVILY on my opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Nope, not people... Just you. Don't make it a plural because it wasn't. You're the only person on ATS I have ever said that to.

edit on 21-8-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Shut up! Who on Ceres cares anyway?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Absolutely appalled by this development.

As I feared, with Bannon out of the way, the globalists will have their way, including the wars they all wanted.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Nope, not people... Just you. Don't make it a plural because it wasn't. You're the only person on ATS I have ever said that to.

Fantastic, then I must have touched a nerve. I'm still not going to "shut up" in fact, I might just gouge a little deeper now that I know your soft spots.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Amongst the Trillions of dollars worth of precious gems and metals...

That was reported in British MSM 15 years ago.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Fantastic, then I must have touched a nerve. I'm still not going to "shut up" in fact, I might just gouge a little deeper now that I know your soft spots.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

As I feared, with Bannon out of the way, the globalists will have their way, including the wars they all wanted.

Refreshing as always to hear from Grambler.

Im sure youre feeling how I felt when Obama reversed on me years ago.

Its sad we cant seem to stay out of the middle east. I dont even get the convenient fact of " Oil. Halliburton. Blah" Anymore..

I dont get it. Are we secretly a book of revelations gov't and were just in a constant tizzy to have a presence in holy places?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Must. Spend. Shiny. New. Budget. Increase.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I don't blame Trump for this one. Afghanistan is a sh!t situation that's not going away anytime soon, and, unfortunately, troops have to be a part of any solution for now.

www.npr.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I reckon everyone should just throw everything they've got at Antarctica.If all the ice melts, no problem. See what happens.

That's what they're doing at CERN...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

Mind___Blown.

Trump what did good wtf, cannot compute?!?!?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic
I don't blame Trump for this one. Afghanistan is a sh!t situation that's not going away anytime soon, and, unfortunately, troops have to be a part of any solution for now.

www.npr.org...

From your source:

Obama's drawdown in Afghanistan initially proceeded as planned during his second term, and he announced an end to U.S. combat operations at the end of 2014.

That's interesting because 2014 was when the last of our Canadian troops pulled out of there (after 12 years in that hellhole).

So if Trump ramps this thing back up again in the hopes that tossing more bodies at the situation will fix it (because it's been working so great for the past 16 years), it means that allied forces will have to regroup and go back in, again.

This is bad, this is really bad.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

originally posted by: redtic

www.npr.org...

From your source:

Obama's drawdown in Afghanistan initially proceeded as planned during his second term, and he announced an end to U.S. combat operations at the end of 2014.

That's interesting because 2014 was when the last of our Canadian troops pulled out of there (after 12 years in that hellhole).

So if Trump ramps this thing back up again in the hopes that tossing more bodies at the situation will fix it (because it's been working so great for the past 16 years), it means that allied forces will have to regroup and go back in, again.

This is bad, this is really bad.

(I can't believe I'm defending Trump... wtf??)

Yes, the situation is bad, and sending troops is bad, But, like I said, I can't really blame Trump or his generals for coming to the conclusion that it might be necessary.

Also from the article:

In a June letter published in National Interest, the AP notes, ambassadors to and commanders in Afghanistan urged President Obama to keep troops at the current level of 9,800.

They argued that freezing troop levels would allow Obama's successor "to assess the situation for herself or himself and make further adjustments accordingly."

"If Afghanistan were to revert to the chaos of the 1990s, millions of refugees would again seek shelter in neighboring countries and overseas, dramatically intensifying the severe challenges already faced in Europe and beyond," they wrote.

Afghanys can't handle themselves yet and can't risk the Taliban regaining control.

There, that's it. I can't do any more - I feel icky..

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Soon....AFRICA ...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

We know from history that our leaving Iraq left a vacuum that was filled by ISIS.

Do we repeat that same in Afghanistan?

Honest question, not trying to be a dick.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

See my post on the creation of ISIS before it began from the article in 2005. Second page of the thread. Honest answer

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I don't see much wrong with that scenario.

It's certainly happened.

I don't know. I trust General Mattis. That I do know.

Ad what I personally know of the Middle East is that it's a bear trap.

We've already stepped into it.

Now do we chew off our leg and limp off?

Or do we fight to keep the leg and leave the trap intact?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Whatever the President is announcing tonight, has been formulated over recent months. I hope they turn the fight over to well-funded contractors who can do what's needed, free from government rules and limitations.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

Oh I'm not attacking Trump (he's just a puppet on a string), but I'm not happy about this either.

I'm fully aware of the flustercuck going on out there.

That being said, we all know Trump has been itching to play soldier, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he wasn't more than happy to oblige his paymasters.

But let's be honest, the last ramping up didn't remedy the problem, so what makes them think it will this time ??

It won't, and they know it.

At this point, I don't believe this "training the Afghanis" crap anymore... the warmongers just want their damn war, no matter the cost. No matter how many bodies they have to drag back into it.

Doesn't matter who the puppet president is at this point.

What the MIC wants, the MIC gets.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join