It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So now that the skies are lit again- oh look- more troops in Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

And it was all planned out before Obama was ever elected. Which I know is what youre implying. Im sorry the facts dont fit the narrative. Because... They dont care who the president is... All they wanted was a reaction from America, and we gave it to them. As a united front. in 2003

This is from a a dated article in 2005

link

If there is anyone who might possibly have an inkling as to what al-Qaida are up to, it is the Jordanian journalist Fouad Hussein. He has not only spent time in prison with al-Zarqawi, but has also managed make contact with many of the network's leaders. Based on correspondence with these sources, he has now brought out a book detailing the organization's master plan.

n the introduction, the Jordanian journalist writes, "I interviewed a whole range of al-Qaida members with different ideologies to get an idea of how the war between the terrorists and Washington would develop in the future." What he then describes between pages 202 and 213 is a scenario, proof both of the terrorists' blindness as well as their brutal single-mindedness. In seven phases the terror network hopes to establish an Islamic caliphate which the West will then be too weak to fight.

The First Phase Known as "the awakening" -- this has already been carried out and was supposed to have lasted from 2000 to 2003, or more precisely from the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 in New York and Washington to the fall of Baghdad in 2003. The aim of the attacks of 9/11 was to provoke the US into declaring war on the Islamic world and thereby "awakening" Muslims. "The first phase was judged by the strategists and masterminds behind al-Qaida as very successful," writes Hussein. "The battle field was opened up and the Americans and their allies became a closer and easier target." The terrorist network is also reported as being satisfied that its message can now be heard "everywhere."

The Second Phase "Opening Eyes" is, according to Hussein's definition, the period we are now in and should last until 2006. Hussein says the terrorists hope to make the western conspiracy aware of the "Islamic community." Hussein believes this is a phase in which al-Qaida wants an organization to develop into a movement. The network is banking on recruiting young men during this period. Iraq should become the center for all global operations, with an "army" set up there and bases established in other Arabic states.

The Third Phase This is described as "Arising and Standing Up" and should last from 2007 to 2010. "There will be a focus on Syria," prophesies Hussein, based on what his sources told him. The fighting cadres are supposedly already prepared and some are in Iraq. Attacks on Turkey and -- even more explosive -- in Israel are predicted. Al-Qaida's masterminds hope that attacks on Israel will help the terrorist group become a recognized organization. The author also believes that countries neighboring Iraq, such as Jordan, are also in danger.

edit on 21-8-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I think the merger began in Libya.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You gotta know when to hold'em...know when to fold'em...and know when to walk away.

If Afghanis that we have trained are shooting our soldiers, the game has changed.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

He's addressing this this evening.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
You gotta know when to hold'em...know when to fold'em...and know when to walk away.

If Afghanis that we have trained are shooting our soldiers, the game has changed.

And to think he wrote that in 2013

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
America is in the business of war. Thank God we finally have a business man as commander in chief.

Perhaps this war can go public and offer stock options; Or a mutual fund bundling together all the wonderful aspects of armed conflict with Afghanistan, North Korea and Venezuela all wrapped up in a tidy package.
edit on 21-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That would be awesome, I'm all in for another failure. Can we have a fundraiser, too?

#MakeAmerikaWarAgain

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Why didn't the great B.O. Get our troops out of Afghanistan like he promised?
He had over 100 days so his presidency must have been a failure.
At least he got us out of Iraq like,,,,, oh, wait he didn't?
But the prison in Cuba is closed so ,,,,oh, it's not?

But if he had done what he promised, trump wouldn't have to deal with the problems.
What would the left bitch about then?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Why didn't the great B.O. Get our troops out of Afghanistan like he promised?
He had over 100 days so his presidency must have been a failure.
At least he got us out of Iraq like,,,,, oh, wait he didn't?
But the prison in Cuba is closed so ,,,,oh, it's not?

But if he had done what he promised, trump wouldn't have to deal with the problems.
What would the left bitch about then?

I guess you didnt read the entire OP

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
From a week or so ago...

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It will be a glorious Trump victory!!! Praise his holy name!!! Send your precious children to share in this historic victory!!!

Winning once again!!!

You sound like the Taliban.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Oh I read the whole op.
Trump is a hypocrite because of a four year old tweet.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

No, he read it and makes a good point. What did Obama do that was so heroic?

All of these presidents are controlled by the MIC and banking cartels.

Trump said he was different and I believe he had good intentions, as I believe Obama did.

Re: JFK. They soon learn to tow the line.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I literally address Obama. And I even give Trump the benefit of the doubt in knowing more after getting in the oval. The OP is at the reaction of ATS

In a round about way you are proving my real point. Thanks

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Youre making the point eloquently. His post showed lack of understanding the OP's intention

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP
From a week or so ago...

www.usatoday.com...

If that goes through, I would not want to be Afghan right now.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Okay but you're a historical Trump basher so I can understand why he might think that you're a left wingnut.

Sorry, it's gotten foggy here nowadays. Sometimes it seems difficult to have a discussion without picking a side.

I do think that little by little, ATS is regrouping. I hope so. ❤

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Okay but you're a historical Trump basher so I can understand why he might think that you're a left wingnut.

Sorry, it's gotten foggy here nowadays. Sometimes it seems difficult to have a discussion without picking a side.

I do think that little by little, ATS is regrouping. I hope so. ❤

Not when you tell people to "shut up"...
edit on 21-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: SolAquarius

Yep. Learned my lesson with Obama sending troops.

War is a money machine. Who are we to think the govt would shut a money machine down like that

I am actually grateful for this myself. After a decade of the Bush Years for a brief miniscule moment I fell for the hope change and anti war song and dance of Obama.....should have listened to my cynical side instead.

But thankfully now I don't put much stock into anything any current or future president has to say . If you are trying to get to the white house then you have broken your fair share of eggs to do so. Honestly I feel the executive branch has grown too powerful and people should do more to claim their own power to determine their fate and destiny instead of allowing whatever asshat is playing the role of POTUS to have influence in their lives.
Just my two cents.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

four year old tweet.

Yankee go home!

President Donald Trump recently acknowledged that he inherited a mess from Obama. That aside, Trump is proceeding with his campaign promise to stop the terrorists and effectively end the war on terror.

hudsontv.com...

Yeah, maybe not...

Donald Trump has urged a new “war on terror” that brings back torture and seeks revenge on terrorists’ families, but another problem with the Republican nominee’s approach is his exaggeration of the danger, writes ex-CIA analyst Paul R. Pillar.

consortiumnews.com...

He ended it to start a new one, right?
Everything is ok then, right?
Right?

#PathologicalLiar

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join