It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So now that the skies are lit again- oh look- more troops in Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

AMMAN, Jordan — President Trump, who has been accused by lawmakers of dragging his feet on Afghanistan, has settled on a new strategy to carry on the nearly 16-year-old conflict there, administration officials said Sunday. The move, following a detailed review, is likely to open the door to the deployment of several thousand troops. “The president has made a decision,” Defense Secretary Jim Mattis told reporters on an overnight flight that arrived in Amman, Jordan, on Sunday. “I am very comfortable that the strategic process was sufficiently rigorous.” Mr. Mattis declined to say what steps the president had ordered, including on troop levels, saying that the president wanted to outline the new approach himself. The defense secretary received the authority in June to send as many as 3,900 troops to Afghanistan so that the United States military could expand its efforts to advise Afghan forces and support them with American artillery and airpower. But Mr. Mattis has refrained from building up the American force there until the Trump administration agreed on a broader strategy.

Link

I would bet a million bucks there are a lot of you that called out Obama for sending troops to Afghanistan. Soooooooo what say you ats?

I for one was against Obama sending troops.. And am against Trump sending troops. Although I bet my defense for obama was he knows more than we do once getting in the oval. I suppose the same could be said about Trump. But can Trumpets even own up to the hypocrisy of trump,while also understanding that I get he may know more than us on the topic?

edit on 21-8-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Almost every president I have seen in my life has been a liar and has got themselves involved in one war or anouther.

It's not a partisan thing it's just a safe bet they are going to say one thing on the campaign trail and then do another thing once in office and they always get blood on their hands some how.

I'm just surprised that people keep falling for it.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Yep. Learned my lesson with Obama sending troops.

War is a money machine. Who are we to think the govt would shut a money machine down like that

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The US needs the $$$ that comes w/tons of 'HairOn' BigPHarma™ takes the TopShelf stuff and We the users and abusers pay them 25x what it costs through scripts and then those who sell them take their percentage. The ones that don't die or end up in prison after their personal fortune has been sucked dry, end up not being able to feed the Jones so they go to cheaper Heroin; begin the cycle again.

Plus that ship is going to cost so much to replace, the "backers" of the last Presidential Erection also want to start getting paid back their investments in the New Regime. This would include 'outgoing politicians' that were voted out last campaign, folks who didn't think they'd lose so kept their 'offshore interests' offshore.

Nothing new and it does absolutely no good letting the voters know because they keep falling for it every election...

Will the troops have a stay-over at MarLago where it is run by those known the globe over for their hospitality, the Romanians ??

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

The corps see the natural resources, and the military act as a conduit to those. It is a sweet deal for the very very very few.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

get ready for the deflection squad

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Learned my lesson with Obama sending troops.

I opposed sending troops during Bush's time. Did he "get bin Laden?" No. He didn't care. "I don't think about bin Laden. I'm thinking about Saddam Hussein."

16 years of occupation is the cost of getting U.S. into fighting mode, just as a stepping stone to Iraq. Iraq invasion turned out wonderful!

War sells so easily in the U.S.
edit on 21-8-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Yeah. No. You're just an Antifa shill, distracting us from the real danger of a violent left.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Learned my lesson with Obama sending troops.

I opposed sending troops during Bush's time. Did he "get bin Laden?" No. He didn't care. "I don't think about bin Laden. I'm thinking of Saddam Hussein."

16 years of occupation is the cost of getting U.S. into fighting mode, just as a stepping stone to Iraq. Iraq invasion turned out wonderful!

War sells so easily in the U.S.

Yep..it's too bad we liberated the people of Afghanistan....

Men should be jailed for shaving beards and women should not be allowed to read..
Also gays should be hurled off buildings...

Gotta love the left defending the taliban...

By the way, if you got to this point I am proud of your literacy....your post belied illiteracy and screamed "I have a speech-to-text education"...

So congrats if u got this far...

Had u been a woman, non-Muslim, homosexual or not devout enough Islamist then u would be in jail or dead...
Thank god you're here [and literate]...
Oops, I said god...
Did that offend your delicate liberal sensibilities??
Let me try again..
Thank Allah you're here [and literate]...

-Chris

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Why is Afghanistan such a low profile "war"? Is it a war? Iraq was on the news every day.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It will be a glorious Trump victory!!! Praise his holy name!!! Send your precious children to share in this historic victory!!!

Winning once again!!!

edit on 21-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Yep..it's too bad we liberated the people of Afghanistan....

Men should be jailed for shaving beards and women should not be allowed to read..
Also gays should be hurled off buildings...

Gotta love the left defending the taliban...

Very funny! That's exactly how the invasion and occupation of Afghanistan was sold to the left, HUMANITARIAN INTERVENTION.

Now that's a right wing thing? The U.S. military exists to enforce U.S. values on others? Wow. Just Wow. Saudi Arabia here we come! Oh wait, Trump did the sword dance. Never mind then.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Finally, a Trump bash that actually has some merit!

I have never trusted Trump and think he is covertly deep inside but I have been waiting for things that actually piss me off as opposed to sh!t that the MSM invented...

Thanks for posting, star and flag for probably my first time ever.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Shut up.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Because China owns the mineral rights contracts

We owe them; it's just business, not war

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
We shouldn't have went in there in the first place, but I think we should pay attention to the lessons learned from the mess we left in Iraq. Remember, ISIS didn't exist in 2011.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

The members of ISIS were just called something else in 2011

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Another star, you're on a roll!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

They were called Al Qaeda, and in the power vacuum they created their own Islamic State which has spread across the continent like wildfire. The Syrian Conflict is a direct result of this.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

It wasn't just Alciada. They merged with the US armed and funded mercenaries in Iraq after the war 'ended'.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join