It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UH OH: British Spy Behind Debunked 'Trump Dossier' to Testify Under Oath

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
LOL ... we'll see if you're happy with the "under oath" testimony of "Mr. Steele" or not ...

... wouldn't it be a shame if all that unfortunate stuff (or any of it) is proven true and made part of the record?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

How is the USA going to force an ex British spy to testify though? I highly doubt MI6 will let him.
I hope he does though and you can bet Trump doesn't.
edit on 23-8-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
LOL ... we'll see if you're happy with the "under oath" testimony of "Mr. Steele" or not ...

... wouldn't it be a shame if all that unfortunate stuff (or any of it) is proven true and made part of the record?

Why did the RNC and DNC COLLUDE with a British spy in the first place

We have 17
edit on 23-8-2017 by iWontGiveUP because: Edit

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yesterday Glenn Simpson founder of Fusion GPS and former investigative reporter for the New York Times was interviewed by staffers of the Senate judiciary committee. He turned over forty thousand pages of documents and said he was ok with them releasing transcripts of his statement. He was not provided one but states the committee has the right to release them if they so desire.
I'm betting they don't have any such desire at this moment.
In a related story Christopher Steele named names on the previously only identified by letters sources for his allegations within the dossier when he was interviewed by the FBI .

It seems to me that everybody is very interested in this dossier that some want to write off.
And it seems that each of these investigations is proceeding in a direction that is making trouble for the Whitehouse and making the president nervous. They really don't seem to be dying or crumbling that's certain.

Now he has another issue in that staffers in the Senate who were advised of the conversations between McConnell and trump have stated that trump is furious and has roared and railed at McConnell that he's not protecting him from the Senate judiciary committee investigation. Which when added to the Comey testimony about trump asking him to look the other way with the Flynn investigation is another page in the obstruction of justice case.

Some interesting developments for the supposed to be dying Russia probe.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

Well for one he wasn't a spy anymore. And for another Fusion employed him. The RNC and the DNC employed Fusion to get opposition research a term you guys are fond of. Fusion is a US company .
No illegal activity.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

He's not MI6 anymore and was not MI6 when he did this research.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Whixh spy agency did he work for?.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The private investigator behind the now-infamous Trump “dossier” spent nearly 10 hours behind closed doors answering questions from Senate investigators on Tuesday, but his attorney says he did not reveal who paid his company for the research.

Glenn Simpson, a former Wall Street Journal reporter who cofounded the private research firm Fusion GPS that was hired initially by Republicans and later worked with Democrats to explore then-candidate Donald Trump’s past, was called to Capitol Hill to answer questions about the 35-page document that featured uncorroborated and salacious allegations about the business mogul’s ties to Russia.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Whixh spy agency did he work for?.

MI6, the British spy agency. Our closest allied spy agency who we have worked hand in hand, almost as a single entity with, since WW2.

But like Silly Ol Me pointed out, he was retired from the agency, and thus, it was perfectly legal for him to work for private companies, including ones in the U.S.

It actually happens a lot, both ways. Former and retired agents of both the CIA and MI6 will often work for private contractors in either country, mainly as consultants. There are a number of ex CIA, for example, that work for private British security and threat assessment firms.

This is not only perfectly legal, many times, governments on both sides will hire these companies to consult, or contract specific work for.

In this case, the Republicans initially were the ones who contacted Fusion for opposition research, a.k.a digging up the dirt on your opponent. Not only legal, but a fundamental part of campaigning. In the majority of elections, opposition research aims to dig up political donors, voting records, local ties to corruption scandals, ect. This time, they found something more than mud to sling.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The Russia probe was never dying. As we all know, the media works the distraction game too. North Korea, Charlottesville, ect. But all that did was take media attention from the probe. Correction. PROBES. Mueller's probe isn't the only one, I think, last time I looked, there are five separate investigations other than Mueller's going down.

And now with Mitch McConnel turning on Trump, the biggest barrier to all of these investigations has just removed, so expect them to actually not only expand, but end up encompassing more than just Trump.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
British spy behind Trump dossier ordered to give deposition in Buzzfeed suit

I just found this article this morning.

Pamela Browne
By Pamela K. Browne, Cyd Upson Published August 24, 2017 Fox News

NOW PLAYING
Man behind Trump dossier meets with Senate investigators
The former British spy who put together an unverified dossier of explosive allegations about President Trump during last year’s campaign has been ordered to give a deposition in a multi-million-dollar libel case brought against a media outlet that published the document.

Former MI-6 British Intelligence Officer Christopher Steele is fighting the decision by U.S. District Court Judge Ursula Ungaro, of the Southern District of Florida that he must answer questions in the suit against Buzzfeed. A lawyer directly involved in the case said the issue will likely be argued before the British courts where a similar libel case is being heard.

Steele's lawyers unsuccessfully asked Ungaro to reject the request.

“That dispute will move to London, where we expect Mr. Steele will continue to try to avoid being deposed," Fray-Witzer said.

“Buzzfeed published the dossier - and the comments about our clients - without having made any effort whatsoever to determine if the things said about our clients were true. They don't even claim otherwise."

This was about "clicks," not about responsible reporting."

"Fusion's initial production of documents consisted of solely of headlines from publicly available news reports and more than 7,500 pages of blank paper,” Grassley spokesman Taylor Foy said. “Fusion eventually provided a copy of the same unverified dossier that's been publicly available since January, and a privilege log that raises more questions than it answers."

I don't really know what to think of this anymore. I feel that if the dossier were to be accurate, I could understand why some people would not want it to come out. But, why would the people behind the dossier not want to cooperate?
If it's true or even partially true, wouldn't they be eager to prove this factual and remove the president?

I may be understanding this wrong. I know that will be quickly pointed out.

But, my main concern is why would they submit 7,500 pages of blank paper?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Because the techniques used to gather such Intel are Illegal

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: abago71

The difference is, these are two separate cases/investigations. But Steele and Fusion did, in fact, cooperate with, and turn 40,000 pages of documents related to the dossier and Russia scandal. But because it was a congressional hearing behind closed doors, in front of a panel of congress members with high level security clearances, the documents only seen by a limited number of people. Because congress is investigating a potential national security hazard.

In this case, Fusion is more willing to cooperate, because congress will, at least, keep the sources and collection methods secret. Remember, many of the sources in the dossier are still active intel agents, still working actively in the field. The last thing you want is those people's names publicly outed, because you compromise whatever mission they are on, and endanger them. Some of those leaks are people not in the intel community anymore, but still with very tight ties to the Kremlin, who leak valuable info. You don't want those names getting out, and those people being arrested and executed, because then our intel community has lost a valuable source of inside info to the Kremlin.

The buzzfeed case, however, is a civil case, being seen by civilians with no clearance, and because it is a civil case, all records and documents from the case are made publicly available as a matter of record. Thus, all the sources and methods of collection would also be made publicly available, compromising multiple missions and programs. On top of that, the buzzfeed case is purely a civil one.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Devin Nunes, is threatening AG Sessions, and FBI Director Wray, with CONTEMPT charges. Isn't he a REPUBLICAN?

House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes lashed out at Attorney General Jeff Sessions in a letter where he threatened Sessions with a public grilling if he doesn't produce documents about the Russia dossier to the House intelligence committee.

Nunes, who despite stepping aside from directing the House Russia investigation has been leading his own separate investigation, accused Sessions and the FBI of stonewalling him repeatedly in a September 1 letter obtained by CNN. In the letter, he threatened to drag Sessions and FBI Director Christopher Wray before the committee for a public grilling and hold them in contempt of Congress -- a jailable offense -- if they don't hand over the documents.

To Anti-America CNN, the RUSSIA-TRUMP investigation is still more important than hurricane IRMA, DACA, Tax Reform...everything.
www.cnn.com...
edit on 9/6/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Just by examining a person's face you can tell a person's character. Nixon. Crook. You can tell just by looking at him. Steele. Crook. You can tell just by looking at him.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SwordOfJustices

Yep. Trump: Crook. Can tell by looking at him, and watching him work his big con game.

By the way, it's looking more and more like the Pee tape, or something pretty close to it, exists.

www.deathandtaxesmag.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: testingtesting

He's not MI6 anymore and was not MI6 when he did this research.

Publicly that's the case, though in the UK it'd be a major breach of national security to collude with 'ex' intel. Not saying he was a plant or anything, and unfamiliar with US law, but it seems odd for the FBI to approach someone involved in illegal corporate espionage that seems untraceable prior to 2008 (not put much effort into it but HL 3299 LIMITED doesn't appear on the usual databases and can't find company status to work out what law loopholes apply to be able to access confidential info - is easy to do with Orbis Business Intelligence Limited though).

Could be innocently using the tactics learnt in his work for SIS to obscure the efforts to help obtain objective reports, could be a SIS/FSB front (highly unlikely but a huge risk to national security I'm confused as to why it would be legal and why FBI would consider persuing it - it's not as if they wouldn't have the info/illegal corporate espionage conducted by SIS using the cover name 'British Council' automatically via Patriot Act and the like.

No idea what the truth is, but something is slightly odd here - experience says it's probably something painfully boring and mundane instead of nefarious, but still an interesting choice.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Congress and Robert Mueller seem to have much interest in this "faked" dossier.
Everybody is interested in seeing it.
Now why, if as you guys say, the information is fake, would all these investigators be so interested in it?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Formally charged dear. He is sitting in the oval peeing his pants right now but he's not on trial and he hasn't been charged with anything.
When I say accused I mean it as a legal term. He is not accused of anything right now.
Though I'm betting he is considered a person of interest.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Patients dear. You may get that spectacle soon enough.
edit on 982017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join