It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DAMN...it's getting dim outside

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Woke up to pouring rain here in southcentral Alaska. We weren't going to get much of the show anyway, but as it turned out we didn't even notice it at all. We'll just wait for the daily eclipse of night.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah, we don't have those long days and nights thing in the Lower 48....

Haven't you been getting way a lot of rain lately?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Yes.
our summer got entirely rained out. Every 5th or 6th summer we have a summer of constant rain.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I didn't know you had rainy summers, that sucks....and wreaks havoc on vegetable gardens.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It was amazing in Seattle, we were outside the Diego Pellicer on 4th Ave at the time of most coverage, we must have been in the 95% zone. It seemed to last quite a while before it got lighter again. We all had the eclipse glasses from a family member who worked at wal mart, and my niece was with us to experience it which was really cool, because when we first took custody of her, after she was rightfully removed from her home by CPS, I used some simple home science experiments to let her have fun and make her feel comfortable, since she hadnt seen any of us in a few years and now she was being made to live with us, and it worked, she fell in love with science... we had her for about 11 months, and the eclipse happened after we had her for around 2 months. If she wasnt with us, it would have been a completely different experience. Her parents would not have taken notice of it, I am almost certain. I still can't believe they sent her back to her mother's.

Anyway it was a fantastic eclipse from my geographical perspective
lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join