It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Production of F/A-22 could stop soon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
your intent is obvious, you didnt have to say anything.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
The F/A-22 is the best, and all you can do is show off the experimental SU-47 that will never enter service.

I'd love to know what u think of the PAK-FA which will fly next year

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
your intent is obvious, you didnt have to say anything.

are you into reading minds or what.

I have nothing against the USAF or the f-22. infact my wallpaper is an F-15 .

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
stealth spy,

the cancellation of the F-22 is meaningless. The real future is in projects like the X-45 and X-47. Everyone knows that. Heck... You could even push it farther and argue that airborne lasers have made all manned fighters, as a type, obsolete.

So, yeah, the USAF ordered a plane that will never fly in a war, a plane that was built for a bygone age. Still, the US is clearly ahead of your beloved India in things like robotics and directed energy weapons... both areas that actually will matter in the future. Meanwhile... India is racked with poverty, disease, and unjust social castes (need I mention the 'untouchables'?). Maybe India should focus on solving its real problems instead of trying to compete with the real powers?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Hey its two against one in that picture of the raptor getting shot down no fair
atleast they have the Raptor pilot getting out.

As much as I like the Raptor I have to say that is one sweet looking Russian plane. Something about the foward swept wings or the black paint job.

They have to paint a Raptor black

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

stealth spy,

the cancellation of the F-22 is meaningless. The real future is in projects like the X-45 and X-47. Everyone knows that. Heck... You could even push it farther and argue that airborne lasers have made all manned fighters, as a type, obsolete.

So, yeah, the USAF ordered a plane that will never fly in a war, a plane that was built for a bygone age. Still, the US is clearly ahead of your beloved India in things like robotics and directed energy weapons... both areas that actually will matter in the future. Meanwhile... India is racked with poverty, disease, and unjust social castes (need I mention the 'untouchables'?). Maybe India should focus on solving its real problems instead of trying to compete with the real powers?

i am sorry but india never did and will never compete with america.
America is the world's sole super power....accepted
America is way way ahead of india........accepted
India is poorer than america.......accepted.
but after that, everything is unacceptable. where did you pick up that filth ??

untouchability existed in india in about a century ago.untouchability is now banned by law and is a non bailable offence, and will land any one into jail.
The descendents of those who were "untouchable" have been given special subsidies, in addition to special reservations in educational institutions and they also have a job quota.

Besides, america has'nt fully grown out of aparthied has it ?? it is very much rampant, i am told.

"you point one finger at someone and 4 of your ownfingers point back at you"-Mahatma Gandhi

India spends among the lowest %age of its GDP (just 1.12%)(lower than of any major country) on defense. Far less than both of its neighbors Pakistan and China who spend anywhere between 8%(china)-15%(pakistan). Far less than both of those neighbors who, in the last 50-odd years, unilaterally attacked India a total of six times in major conflicts, killed over 280,000 Indian civilians; whilst India has never started a war of aggression.

The Indian poverty level is decreasing at an average rate of an unheard of 22% per year in the last decade: a whole 213 million people -- nearly the entire population of the United States -- lifted out of poverty, with the rate of decrease increasing in greater margin each passing year.

History has shown that there are countries that have designs on Indian territory and irrational ideological hatered of its very people, neccesitating a credible military deterrance of hostile foreign powers. Indian defense and technological growth is not at the expense of the poor in India, but simply because the poor are getting less poor.

If you are to lecture any country about defense spending, India should be at the very last of the list. *Credits to Rajkhalsa, another member of ATSN*

here is a quote from article on the F-22

On April 9, 1997, with flags aflutter, congressmen pontificating, workers cheering and salutes and smiles everywhere, the first true F-22 was unveiled in Lockheed Martin's Georgia assembly plant, while the walls reverberated with the strains of "The Spirit of America."

"This is a great day for America," Fogleman said. "We have no desire to control the world. We have an equally great desire to see that no one else controls the world.The Raptor's mission is to see that no one does."

Today it is clear to one and all of how the exact opposite is happening.

The USA is today, Pakistan's largest arms supplier, a continuation of its policy on double standards on terrorism.
Pakistan is a military dictatorship(just like Iraq was), and sponsors terrorism, and is the world's largest nuclear proliferator.

visit these sites : www.armyinkashmir.org...
www.armyinkashmir.org...

Read about pakistani nuke proliferation to north korea, libya, al queda
www.globalsecurity.org...

I am sorry for this post but it is only a reply to your very derogatory and hurting post. I thought this was about the F-22 and you seem to be hell bent on targeting india, which is totally irrelavent and out of the picture.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
besides, Us and india are supposed to allies.

The US is offering india Block 60 F-16E/F, P-3C orions for the navy, C-130J transporters and other stuff too(like some radars).

US has also offered india Patriot PAC 3, and has approved the sale of Arrow-2 BMD systems. an atsn thread also exists on the topic . www.abovetopsecret.com...

US has also approves the sale of the Phalcon AWACS to india which it jointly developed with israel.

US customs too is close to buying, india's Dhruv helicopters(Atsn thread on this too exists)

in addition IAF, and USAF will be holding air exercises annually.

Raytheon has aslo won the tender for revamping India's civil air navigation network

beisdes, Indo-US trade too is increading with great leaps, especially in recent years.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
double post corrected

enjoy pic

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
You might also want to read your own , CIA's report on India in 2020

report 1

report 2

We are way off the topic, lets stop anymore filth on india and get on..please...

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I can't say that I'm at all disappointed. I've always thought the F/A-22 was too over the top and that the JSF was much more promising. When it comes to an interceptor, I would have much rather had the F-15 upgraded, or develop something that costs erm... a little less than the astronomical costs of the 22. It's no wonder they'd cut back on it due to its price tag. Actually, I'm just glad military spending is being reduced in general (that'd be my liberal side flaring up, pay it no mind).

But when it comes the unmanned craft... heh, when that day comes I'm going to break down and weep. Then again, I grew up on WWI and WWII simulations, so my mind's still wanting to live in an age where the fighting was much more personal and... well, much more like dueling combat instead of firing a missile at something you can't even see. Back when pilots called each other out to dogfight and all that noble/respectful crap.

I don't trust machines, and never will. The Windows OSs should have taught us that. Never said a 'bot to do a human's job.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I'd love to know what u think of the PAK-FA which will fly next year

- next year...any links to prove that?

Its to early to say if it will be good or not, but being built by Russia i'm sure it should be pretty good, and is it really going to be stealth...or are those just rumors. If it is going to be stealth (which I think it is) I believe it will be limited stealth, kinda like how the Super Hornet is steathier then the Hornet.

Do they even have the aircrafts design picked out yet? I have seen several pics of it and they look different. Has it even being wind tunnel tested yet? What is there estimated price tag per plane? What year will it go operational? How much money has India spent on its R&D? Is Russia just building it, or are they also spending some of there own money?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The plane is a failure and was a mere attempt to hold stride with Russian fighters. It has missile guidance flaws, gas leaks and more. Plus it was too high priced.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Anyone know how much the Raptor costs after they decreased the order to 160? Last I've heard was it could be 220 million each for the 160 fighter order.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asia Minor
The plane is a failure and was a mere attempt to hold stride with Russian fighters. It has missile guidance flaws, gas leaks and more. Plus it was too high priced.

Its such a "failure" that at least it is getting the funding to be produced and actively assigned into Air Force fighter units, eh? Considering that the Russians, as with the Indians, are having some funding issues on certain aricraft projects?

Their definately flying around my house near Langley AFB! Edwards AFB just recieved 8. Tyndall AFB has just recieved 5 making their total 18. The Air Force now has a total of 33 with more to come. Seen any Pak-Fa's in serial production? Seen any Russian Berkut's in serial production yet?

Be sure you keep adhering to those supposed F-22 Raptor "flaws" and "missile guidance flaws" when and if you become a pilot and encounter one, k?

seekerof

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Personally, I think those of you downing the F-22 really know what you are talking about with it. That aircraft was built to do things other aircraft can't, to give the U.S. total air DOMINANCE. Even pilots who have flown against it in mock battles say it is truly amazing what the aircraft can do.

Secondly, no it was not designed for an old war with the Soviets. It was designed to handle future types of warfare as well. You people seem to forget that you cannot just keep upgrading an aircraft like the F-15 constantly; eventually you need a much newer aircraft. For example, the Navy and Marine Corps F-18 C/D Hornets have come as far as they can go in terms of avionics and engines, etc....the Super Hornet can have newer, more powerful engines, is more fuel efficient, has a longer range, is easier to maintain (it consists of less parts), and it has plenty of expansion ability for newer avionics.

Newer, more powerful avionics often require more powerful cooling systems, which take up more space, thus requiring a larger aircraft. It is one of the reasons the F-18 C/D can no longer be upgraded avionics-wise. An F-15 and F-16 are no different. There is a limit.

Secondly, you all seem to think the F-22 was designed solely for fighting other aircraft. It was designed to fight other aircraft far better than anything out there today, and no aircraft is a match against the F-22. It's stealth capabilities, speed, maneuverability, etc....put it ahead of anything else. There is one plane capable of performing more complex maneuvers (a Russian aircraft), but only that one aircraft can do such maneuvers, and those maneuvers are mainly for show. In terms of actual combat ability, nothing else matches the F-22.

BUT, the F-22 was also designed to be able to penetrate enemy airspace undetected, or at least a lot easier. Systems that can shoot down aircraft are cheaper nowadays, and Russia is plenty happy to sell them to poorer nations. These systems make flying an F-15 or F-16 into a country that is trying to shoot you down with them very difficult, because the F-15 and F-16 show up on radar much more so, and also are a lot easier to track.

And F-22 is different. First off, it is stealth, and it is very difficult to detect it. IF you do manage to detect, you have to shoot it down, which requires firing a missile at it most likely, which would mean a missile that can track the F-22, which complicated things further. The F-22 gives off virtually no heat signature, and the normal thrust in the F-22 is like the thrust of an F-15 with the afterburners fired. Which means it can outmaneuver and outrun virtually anything out there, and it would most likely dumbfound a missile trying to search for heat when it gives off no heat signature.

The F-22 is a true technological marvel of an aircraft, and one that would give the United States total air dominance of the skies in a conflict with any country, provided the U.S. gets the plane. Yes, it is costly, but SO WAS THE F-15 WHEN THAT AIRCRAFT FIRST CAME OUT AS WELL. Now I admit, we probably don't need 700 some F-22s right now, but we do need at least 400 I'd say.

If you read about F-15 pilots, they even say, these days, even though the avionics of the F-15s of the U.S. are superior to most anything else out there right now, the pilots still have to take into account that they are going up against aircraft that can match them in terms of maneuverability, and with a smart enemy, cause a lot more havoc. The F-22 would prevent all that, as it could destroy the enemy before the enemy even knows it is there.

And with all these little conflicts in little countries springing up (countries that buy the cheap anti-aircraft stuff that an F-22 is meant to penetrate through), and with the U.S. possibly having to go against China in the future (over Taiwan), there is very much need for the F-22.

It is obvious that the corporation (I forget who builds the F-22) put a LOT of research and time and money into designing this aircraft. It wasn't thrown together quickly or anything.

People, so-called "experts," back in the 70s and 80s, called the F-15 and F-16 wastes of money, and one man even went as far to say that the F-15 would not be a match for most of the aircraft coming out (boy were they wrong). The United States Air Force is not stupid. They have the Air Force Weapons School, as the Navy has one as well, and these schools teach students to be experts at tactics and weapons systems. The Air Force's job is to ensure that they can defend the airspace of the United States successfully. Without the F-22, they cannot do so.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Broadsword20068]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join