It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decide for yourself: 7 hour video of Boston protest

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: JinMI

True, they are very fringe. That is just one group, a very extreme one but, as those groups move in from the extreme they grow in numbers and still carry over some of those ideals.

A recent thread was talking about how it is human nature to identify with a group based on a common trait and we are all therefore bigots in some way. That is all we are seeing here, from all sides.

You can fear monger all you want. The only time to panic begins when the Aryan Brotherhood,irish mob and the Hells Angels show up otherwise these people you call Nazis are just nothing but LARPers. The threat is non-existent.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

True. That wasn't mean to be used as an exception, but to emphasize that we, as Americans need to think for ourselves. Our conditioning/programming/narrative doesn't quite allow for it unless it is something embraced politically.

Stepping back, it's so incredibly odd that our politics are so vastly far from the representation and that the representation serves as the beacon. But I digress.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

That was what I was getting at. Larger groups without the NAZI label but similar ideals.

Way to miss the point.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Even with them, doubt it would reach 30k.

Fringe groups are labeled as such for a reason. My best guess is that MSM decided, or was decided for them, that the terrorist invasion rhetoric wasn't working so they thought they would try their hand at home grown. Keep em afraid, keep em watching.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

To be fair, I'm not sure that type of response will change the course of things.

I get it, I really do.. but I have dealt with Gryphon outside of politics and found him to be reasonable and an outright pleasure to converse with.

We are being manipulated to be this way. I think sometimes, it just gets under our skin a certain way and that reflects in our posts (usually animosity). Each time we give in to that inclination, even a little, makes it easier and more likely to happen again with increased.. fervor.

Videos like this can be used to leverage the fact that so many of these events simply don't represent "us," from either side. But, they can also result in an increasing possibility that they will start to be more accurate portrayals of larger and larger sections of the population.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

You're right in your assessment in my estimation. We are being forced to choose a side. Normal humans do not act like this in day to day America.
edit on 21-8-2017 by JinMI because: Your you're your you're your you're.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: Grambler

Great thread. It's odd that the majority of arrests were made after the whole Free Speech rally was already over. I'm really glad that i'm not in the U.S. right now. I'm planning to completely shave my head to show solidarity with my mother who is currently going through a rough time because of chemo. I swear if someone dares to look at her funny or drops any negative comment at all i'm going berserk on there asses.

I hope you don't mind when i leave this video here. It captures the mood really well.

How can they not see that they are oppressing him.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Even with them, doubt it would reach 30k.

Fringe groups are labeled as such for a reason. My best guess is that MSM decided, or was decided for them, that the terrorist invasion rhetoric wasn't working so they thought they would try their hand at home grown. Keep em afraid, keep em watching.

These groups however don't mess around and the Alt-RIght or whatever are slowly but surely pissing them off. That's what worries me the most. I don't take the Alt-Right seriously because believe it or not they flip flop on there ideology back and forth for quite some time now. Certain Nazi groups in Germany are even attempting to make amends towards jews. Hitler would have executed all these idiots on the spot and still they pretend to follow his ideology. They like to play legionaires dress up or acting like a phalanx without the dicipline and order(huge fail) and people are supposed to take them seriously?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

If your more afraid of the left than right, which I'm pretty sure you claimed, that would be proper. They think they hold a mandate, due to media. They think they speak for most Americans, because of the media. They think they are fighting an establishment, which they may be, also pushed by the MSM.

Fringe vs fringe but one has backing and that is scary. Not much different than the Sanders v HRC scenario.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

If your more afraid of the left than right, which I'm pretty sure you claimed, that would be proper. They think they hold a mandate, due to media. They think they speak for most Americans, because of the media. They think they are fighting an establishment, which they may be, also pushed by the MSM.

Fringe vs fringe but one has backing and that is scary. Not much different than the Sanders v HRC scenario.

Not exactly afraid but i'm worried that this volatile situation will lead to more senseless deaths on both sides. Innocent people got already caught in the crossfire but both sides are still refusing to accept any responsibility for the escalation. People should start to warn each other and stay the hell away from both groups. If you want to peacefully protest keep to yourselves and own groups. That is my advice.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think Black Sabbath said it best
"If you listen to fools, the mob rules"

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Beartracker16

HOLD on..."Heaven and Hell" covered it better:
"And they'll tell you black is really white
The moon is just the sun at night
And when you walk in golden halls
You get to keep the gold that falls
It's Heaven and Hell, oh no!
Fool, fool..."

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Who says they can't?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Grambler

LOL ...

The "brainwashed masses" of right-wingers are crying about crying and whining about whining.

Must be a Monday.

I find the callousness of you and others on here that feel that calling out this violence is very disturbing.

Especially when you admitted on the other thread that you hadn't watched the video.

I find that the blatant connivance to portray these incidents that are fairly obviously staged by "independent press" instigators as episodes of violence disturbing ... I find your need and the need of others here to continually equate the two "sides" as equally violent absurd.

I haven't watched 7 hours in the last two? Nope.

Point out some of the time stamps you want us to review. Don't be ridiculous.

You're doing anything you can do here to create FALSE EQUIVALENCE ... and when some of us don't buy it, you want to portray us as "supporting violence."

You're lying when you're doing that Grambler ... and you KNOW IT.

Absolutely absurd.

I defended the left when scalise got shot. Were you on here saying "Listen guys the left is way worse, don't even bring up other incidents now because this guy trying to shoot republicans for political reasons is worse than anything"

Nope, you weren't.

Your false equivalency argument is terrible.

I was willing to call out both sides at charlottesville.

You make excuses for this violence in Boston.

The left are kings of false equivalency.

I haven't watched the 7 hrs just what they played on the news and some of what's posted.

Has this been seen yet?

What black woman screams at black cops during ‘peaceful’ Boston protest highlights leftist ideology

In one segment, a group of officers — some of them black and some of them white — used their batons to push back against the angry crowd. After a black female counterprotester is pushed backward, she starts screaming at a black officer — or maybe all of them.

“You stupid a** b***h!” she yelled, soon adding, “Black b***h! You’re supposed to be on our side!”

www.theblaze.com...-149 74521

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Beartracker16

Or later Ozzy (the 1980 prophet it seems) when he sang,

Crazy, but that's how it goes
Millions of people living as foes
Maybe. it's not too late
To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Mental wounds not healing
Life's a bitter shame
I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

I've listened to preachers,
I've listened to fools
I've watched all the dropouts
Who make their own rules
One person conditioned to rule and control
The media sells it and you live the role

Mental wounds still screaming
Driving me insane
I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

edit on 8/21/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Not exactly afraid but i'm worried that this volatile situation will lead to more senseless deaths on both sides. Innocent people got already caught in the crossfire but both sides are still refusing to accept any responsibility for the escalation. People should start to warn each other and stay the hell away from both groups. If you want to peacefully protest keep to yourselves and own groups. That is my advice.

Makes me wonder what would the protesting crowd do if someone was wearing a shirt with Trump logo on one side and Bernie logo on the other?

edit on 8/21/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Why bring it up in the first place then? Grambler is not equating anything to CV. So it seems certain groups of people eagerly waited for someone to die to justify there hate and to feel good about themselves. A lot of that going around these days. You don't seem phased that violence broke out after the whole Boston rally was over for hours. Anything useful to add to that tid bit?

Btw the statues didn't seem to bother people a few years ago or even going back decades. It's clear which side is suddenly obsessing over them.

The pendulum swings always back you know.

Why bring it up? Because there is Nazi sympathizing going on here. Why are you bringing anything up? Why are you posting? Grow up.

Are you KIDDING? Grambler's post that I responded to DIRECTLY compares point-by-point between Boston and Charlottesville.

You didn't read the post? Or you just can't keep yourself from being dishonest?

How much more red herring do you want toss in? Reference the "violence" you're crying about ... cite something.

BS, Confederate memorials have been a hot button issue for years; don't talk about stuff you don't understand or know anything about ... that makes your posts look ... uninformed.

Here's some low-hanging fruit from Google if you want to inform yourself ... from 1996

Even More Opportunities for Education

Please show me the posts where people openly sympathized with Nazis because i don't see them at all. Nazis are irrelevant since WW2. I don't see them roaming the streets and beating up every suspected Nazi sympathizer they can find do you? People are slowly becoming what they hate and fear. The silent majority is still watching maybe the morons need a reminder of that.

Were there any people from the Simon Wiesenthal Center at any of these nazi protests?

Coz they hunt down nazis.

It would seem they would have some easy pickins.

Just sayin'

edit on 8 21 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I just want to say in summation;

I wasn't on ATS last weekend. I heard about the tragic death caused by a bigotted scum bag and the overall horrible situation in Charlottesville.

I saw person after person saying ATS was infested with nazi defenders.

I didn't see it but asked people to post it or PM me.

Soon I too was called a nazi defender for saying there was violence on both sides, and so I realized that thank god there probably weren't really people on ATS defending nazis, just people going overboard calling them nazis.

Then this boston situation happens. It was no near close to as serious as charlottesville, but warranted attention because of the idea of free speech and the fact the media billed it as 40,000 peaceful people protesting hate.

I watched it live with many people on ATS, and almost all of us were appalled (even left leaning members).

It is shameful to see so many people defend or downplay this violence, many of the same people that accused people of defending nazi violence (which I didn't really see happening).

This entire thread has been called nazi sympathizing.

We are at a point where a lot of people I would have otherwise thought to be reasonable are laughing at or downplaying violence here, and saying to even point it out is an act of nazi sympathizing.

It is sad state of affairs.

I will continue to call out violence from all sides and defend all sides freedom of speech.
edit on 21-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You can't make this # up..

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Sorry but if some jackass SJW type wants to get heated and label me a Nazi simply for being a straight white male, maybe they should step into my shower and cool down. Hardyharhar. Yay jokes!

ETA: Just to be clear, I am not a Nazi in any way shape or form.

I just like a little levity when it comes to sensitive topics.

edit on 8-21-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join