It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we headed for a New Civil War? No, it's a War on History itself.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Just because I would be all for it does not make it non-silly.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: kaylaluv

Just because I would be all for it does not make it non-silly.

Ooooookay.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I doubt that all whites somehow got a big chunk of the profits from XYZ company. Anytime you take a whole group of people of a certain ethnicity and assign a direct trait or commonality, it is racist.

You have discovered that you have been fooled.

edit on 21-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The same way burning down any library owned by a certain politician or two ,with 37 mm homemade thermite grenades ,would aggravate you.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'll admit my hurt is for others...

For the people whose ancestors were bought, sold, stripped, whipped, separated, tortured, beaten, killed & raped.
I don't believe these people should have statues to celebrate them...

I also think it's a shame that a lot of these statues were erected at times of important Civil Rights moments...

As a Londoner I really have no dog in this fight, but ultimately as a human I cannot help but empathise with those who wish to see them removed.
edit on 21-8-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

It seems a large number of these statues were erected around the 100th anniversary of the civil war. Pretty common.

I wish the civil war did not happen because slavery did not happen. But it did happen, as we all know It did a great deal of damage to everyone it touched.

If anyone thinks removing a statue is going to make any hurt that some may feel go away is fooling themselves. Again it is a fact that the confeds and union had military leaders. Applying todays ethics and social values to people in 1840-1860 is silly.

edit on 21-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

And the confederates lost...

So what's with all the participation trophies?

Something the right hates with a vengeance, usually?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: seasonal

And the confederates lost...

So what's with all the participation trophies?

Something the right hates with a vengeance, usually?

I don't follow.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I doubt that all whites somehow got a big chunk of the profits from XYZ company. Anytime you take a whole group of people of a certain ethnicity and assign a direct trait or commonality, it is racist.
You have discovered that you have been fooled.

It's a societal thing. Think of it as a bit of a head start on the American Dream.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Anytime you take a whole group of people of a certain ethnicity and assign a direct trait or commonality, it is racist.

And falling for the white priv is a perfect example as insidious as any racist jargon about blacks-whites-Mexicans......

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

the second victory over the Confederates

You think? Maybe this was 'the real' Cold War? The elephant in the room?

What if that re-ignited? California's gun laws. New York's gun laws. New Jersey's absolute gun oppression.

Who is armed ... and who is not.

Careful what you wish for. Something's brewing with TPTB. They want a lot of people dead. This is one sure-fire way of getting the job done.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Anytime you take a whole group of people of a certain ethnicity and assign a direct trait or commonality, it is racist.
And falling for the white priv is a perfect example as insidious as any racist jargon about blacks-whites-Mexicans......

Sure. I'm a racist.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Note I said it is racist-not you.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
South Africa has many parallels to the US.
Statues of famous South Africans such as Cecil Rhodes and Andries Pretorius have already been torn down under ANC rule.
New statues of well-known terrorist Nelson Mandela are being erected each year.
Mandela can order bombings that killed and maimed hundreds but he's a respectable leader?
If this is the road the US is headed down NO THANK YOU.

If Mandela was a terrorist then so was George Washington

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It would seem the old divide and conquer is working. In the end no one wins but the elitists pulling the chains from behind the magic purple curtain. And when everything is torn down, Communism will take over.

RIP Democracy, or what's still left of it when this charade is finished with. Then and only then will all men truly be made Equal.. or Slaves whichever end of the plank you happen to be viewing this from.
edit on 21-8-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

the second victory over the Confederates

You think? Maybe this was 'the real' Cold War? The elephant in the room?

What if that re-ignited? California's gun laws. New York's gun laws. New Jersey's absolute gun oppression.

Who is armed ... and who is not.

Careful what you wish for. Something's brewing with TPTB. They want a lot of people dead. This is one sure-fire way of getting the job done.

Take down a few statues and people would be willing to arm themselves and take-out their fellow citizens?

Well, that seems stupid. Hopefully that is not what you meant.

Also, many of us are armed. Though, some of us are more trained to use them than others.

Careful what you wish for.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Also, many of us are armed. Though, some of us are more trained to use them than others.

Why wait? Wish made. Let's get the party started.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Just recently one tried to blow up a statue. He was arrested.

The oldest monument to Christopher Columbus was destroyed because it was deemed as "racist".

There will be a next they will push further. Will it be books, buildings, maybe grave sites. It may be all of the above.

Don't call it hyperbole when they all started and people said.

It is just a flag don't overreact it won't go further than that. You were all either foolish or lying.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I doubt we have a civil war over statues. This will pass.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: introvert

Why wait? Wish made. Let's get the party started.

Have at it, Capt. Rambo.

Next time there is a protest and such I expect you to be out there shooting em up with your awesome pew-pews and epic skills.

We will hear about you in the news and how you were just another moron taken out by police because you thought you were doing the right things to defend a statue.

Has ATS really gotten this retarded?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join