It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we headed for a New Civil War? No, it's a War on History itself.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is worth repeating.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If Trump wanted to pull a genius move he would enforce “The Antiquities Act” of 1906, (Pub.L. 59–209, 34 Stat. 225, 54 U.S.C. § 320301–320303), passed by the United States Congress and signed into law by Theodore Roosevelt on June 8, 1906 to PROTECT ALL AMERICAN MONUMENTS IN PERPETUITY. 

It's already illegal to remove the statues?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
South Africa has many parallels to the US.
Statues of famous South Africans such as Cecil Rhodes and Andries Pretorius have already been torn down under ANC rule.
New statues of well-known terrorist Nelson Mandela are being erected each year.
Mandela can order bombings that killed and maimed hundreds but he's a respectable leader?
If this is the road the US is headed down NO THANK YOU.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
This is worth repeating.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If Trump wanted to pull a genius move he would enforce “The Antiquities Act” of 1906, (Pub.L. 59–209, 34 Stat. 225, 54 U.S.C. § 320301–320303), passed by the United States Congress and signed into law by Theodore Roosevelt on June 8, 1906 to PROTECT ALL AMERICAN MONUMENTS IN PERPETUITY. 

It's already illegal to remove the statues?

Maybe that's why I heard they wanted to take down a statue of Roosevelt.
edit on 21-8-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

It makes a lot more sense now, and that I wouldn't doubt! Once people allow them to take an inch of their freedoms while breaking the law, they'll take a mile.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
This is what I don't understand about the reich wing arguments...

...history...

You honestly believe people are going to tear down these statues and never speak of them again?
Thus "erasing" history?

Man, you're in lalaland...

These people, good for them by the way, are going to tear down these relics to abhorrence and celebrate it for hundreds of years...

Telling their kinfolk and grandchildren about the second victory over the Confederates for centuries to come...
It will become legend.

There is no chance of history being "erased"... at all.
& I think deep down you all know this...

So what's your legitimate fears over this, exactly?

Enlighten us libtards.

Perhaps you can answer me this Chuckles, what affect have you had due to the Statues of Civil war figures placed in public areas? How have they affected you personally? I promise I won't judge, I just need to know if you are hurt, or your "hurt" is for others. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Hazardous1408

So what's your legitimate fears over this, exactly?

My fear is that it won't be a civil war but a race war of the White supremacist, Nazi/KKK right wing against people of color and the people that support equality.

Are you really thinking that even a majority of white people are all racists looking to kill blacks? I'd wager it's like 10% and that is being "liberal". Most people I know, white or black, don't put race into their thinking on a regular basis, only when told to be worried about it by the idiot box. And even then, some don't fall for it.

If you want something to worry about, I have a list of things that I need to have happen, so you can share some of those. A race war isn't one of them.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Maybe this doesn't make a lot of sense, but I had a "moment" yesterday when reading about statues being removed from Baltimore. A black lady described the statute, I don't know, Robt. E. Lee I think, as being offensive and threatening to black people and she was tired of having to walk her kid past the statue on the way to the kids school.

It hit me like a ton of bricks. Its not just the statues are offensive, threatening, or symbols of white domination. ITS WHERE THEY ARE LOCATED! Yea, they pretty much symbolize white history/white government, whatever, but they were put up in cities parks and such which THE WHITES LEFT AFTER THE 1960'S! So, what's happened is, the statues are all over black neighborhoods. This is kind of like the weird deal about Ferguson. 70% Black population, all (but 1) white police force.

The solution, (expensive though it may be) is to MOVE the statues to "Red" Zones where the white people live; move them out of the "Blue" Zone cities altogether. The cities can put up statues of MLK, Che Gueverra, Fidel Castro, Karl Marx...............who'd care? Who actually "goes" to these cities. No one except "Blue Zone" Democrats. Red Zoners may commute into/out of the cities to work, but they don't live there.

Just move the damned things! Start a "go fund me" page and get the statues moved to rural america small towns, which, where I live, are prospering as more people flee the junk yard cities.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
As I said in the OP this is not limited to the Confederates.

Christopher Columbus takes a hit:

Confederate cemetary vandalized:

American flags burning.
It will not stop with just Confederate war leaders.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

When the statues were erected most of America's cities were primarily White.
I doubt a single monument was erected within a Black populated area.
White flight.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

There is no such thing as white history-only history.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The root of the whole problem.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Is history experiential?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

I think that this would require a couple Supreme Court visits to be resolved. As far as I am aware, how the Antiquities Act applies to monuments not on Federal land is up for debate.

The statue was on State land, was it not?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

What if we were to erect statues depicting what the evil white men did to slaves? With a plaque that says "We Will Never Forget", we could show the ugly evil white man whipping a slave until his back is in shreds, or an ugly evil white man ripping a child out of Mother's arms to sell to another plantation, or ugly evil white men with their hounds and guns chasing down a black slave who dared to attempt escape from his nightmare. I think these would be good statues to remind the black citizens just how evil the white man can be. So no one forgets.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Good question. In life there are few absolutes, thus we have people being listened to complaints that an inanimate objects are scaring people and offending people.
So the poor people who are frightened by a statue, can't take a moment to explain to there traumatized kids that the civil war happened. And this is a historic statue of so and so, he was a confed general or what applies.

Either we can talk about what happened, and realize we are not living in 1862 or there is going to be alot of scrap yards full of statues-busts. Stop coddling adults.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

What if we were to erect statues depicting what the evil white men did to slaves? With a plaque that says "We Will Never Forget", we could show the ugly evil white man whipping a slave until his back is in shreds, or an ugly evil white man ripping a child out of Mother's arms to sell to another plantation, or ugly evil white men with their hounds and guns chasing down a black slave who dared to attempt escape from his nightmare. I think these would be good statues to remind the black citizens just how evil the white man can be. So no one forgets.

Silly comment.

What if we make statues about Chicago and all the death and injuries that are being ignored?

Or let's make drone statues for military bases for the killing they do?

Or...........

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

So... You don't want to preserve history. Got it. Then you have no problem getting rid of the confederate statues.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

So... You don't want to preserve history. Got it. Then you have no problem getting rid of the confederate statues.

If a community wanted to make a slave being chased by slave owners to remember the plight of the slave, I would be all for it. We can never forget what suffering these people went through for profits.

I might add there are still corporations that have ledger books of profits made directly off the slaves blood sweat and tears. What are we to do with that little sweet heart of a fact?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

originally posted by: kaylaluv

If a community wanted to make a slave being chased by slave owners to remember the plight of the slave, I would be all for it. We can never forget what suffering these people went through for profits.

Then it's not a silly comment.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
I might add there are still corporations that have ledger books of profits made directly off the slaves blood sweat and tears. What are we to do with that little sweet heart of a fact?

Bingo! You've just discovered the roots of 'white privilege'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join