It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we headed for a New Civil War? No, it's a War on History itself.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Almost as if everything was planned..

Written in the stars?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

All roads lead to Rome.

We don't need to look to the stars. History has fine examples....for now.

link   
Appeasement:

"To yield or concede to the belligerent demands of (a nation, group, person, etc.) in a conciliatory effort, sometimes at the expense of justice or other principles". (dictionary.com)

Let's meet in the middle. Allow some to be removed to "appease" the belligerent demands of the group that wants them removed. Let others stand to "appease" the ones that see the deeper principle.

Problem solved.

link   
a reply to: buster2010

What's wrong with destroying monuments that were solely made to remind the black man that the white man was still in charge.

Then why don't they tear down the party that was created by slave owners ?

Ya know the party of the donkey.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

All roads lead to Rome.

We don't need to look to the stars. History has fine examples....for now.

Everyone better look quick before they burn those books.

link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Hazardous1408

If these statues are torn down, one part of history is indeed tore down.

The statues are not history lessons...they are celebrations of a failed venture. I really enjoy the right calling out the Dems as 'losers' who ought to accept their fate and shut up, while whimpering about their symbols being deemed as having passed their best-before date. The South Shall Rise Again?

Hardly.

link   
a reply to: introvert

In a sense that history is not tangible.

We have only things we see. If we remove things we see, be it a book or a statue or a plaque, we are indeed removing "history".

edit on 21-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The Democratic party was a proponent for slave-owners across the country, urban workers, and caucasian immigrants.[citation needed] It was especially attractive to Irish immigrants who increasingly controlled the party machinery in the cities. The party was much less attractive to businessmen, African American Evangelical Protestants, and social reformers.[citation needed] The party advocated westward expansion, Manifest Destiny, greater equality among all white men, and opposition to the national banks. I

Tear that party DOWN.

If yall want to be consisent statue haters.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Where will this madness end?

When the Ministry of Truth and Revisionist History eliminates all the heretics in the country.

Then there will be only one party rule, and monuments exalting their own vision of how awesome they think themselves to be.

When they took down Lee and bascially put up a woman with a raised fist.

The future looks like the Peoples Republic of China.

Those same people are currently working with big corporations(Google) censuring the net. Just like China.

They've put a pause on gun control. That will be short lived. The result will be the same as China.

Only the military and the police are allowed to have them.

It will end with the United States of Idiocracy becomes a dystopia police state made real life from Orwells instruction manual as it appears to have been.

We face a very sad, and bleek future if this stupidity does not end.

This guy disagrees, and there are a whole lot of us out here who agrees with him!

edit on 21-8-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

This guy disagrees, and there are a whole lot of us out here who agrees with him!

I don't.

He wants to just add to the problem.

Letting his emotions get the best of him.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

In a sense that history is not tangible. We have only things we see. If we remove things we see, be it a book or a statue or a plaque, we are indeed removing "history".

Nonsense. We have our history written in stone and nothing can change that. Without that written history, no one would even know what those statues stand for.

They are symbols. Nothing more...nothing less.

Keep in mind that I don't care if those statues stay up or come down. That is for the people local those specific areas to decide, but the level of idiocy people have gone to on this issue is outright absurd.

On both sides.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Antifa is a bunch of kids with silly hats..
I say the citizen of US should grow some balls and deal with these brats now..
end the madness

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think the time to really start worrying is when libraries are ransacked of every history book which are then burnt, that is erasing history, and as that German said in 1937, "a nation that burns books will burn people" I am sincerely glad I have clear blue water between myself and what the Brits call 'nutters' that exist in the great land of America.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

In a sense that history is not tangible. We have only things we see. If we remove things we see, be it a book or a statue or a plaque, we are indeed removing "history".

Nonsense. We have our history written in stone and nothing can change that. Without that written history, no one would even know what those statues stand for.

They are symbols. Nothing more...nothing less.

Keep in mind that I don't care if those statues stay up or come down. That is for the people local those specific areas to decide, but the level of idiocy people have gone to on this issue is outright absurd.

On both sides.

They are the same.

Letters are symbols, these symbols are formed to make words about history.

Statues are symbols, these statues are formed to make statements about history.

I can't make it more elementary than that.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
So what's your legitimate fears over this, exactly?

Enlighten us libtards.

Innocent people are going to get hurt.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
a reply to: Hazardous1408

So you don't think it's stupid that a bunch of ignorant people whining about rights are trying to remove historic marks. Do you actually think it's a good idea and why? What next book burnings? Get real.

When the white nationalists found out that these areas were totally taken over by non-whites, their thought was that those statues should be moved to somewhere of safety like Confederate war graves. Leave the residents to make their own art.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Letters are symbols, these symbols are formed to make words about history.

Correct. That is where our history will always be found.

Statues are symbols, these statues are formed to make statements about history.

Yes, they are symbols. Symbols that are worthless without the context the written words provide. Statues age, weather and fall apart. Our history does not.

So they are not the same.

I can't make it more elementary than that.

For you or for me? I have no problem understanding what you are saying. I just think you're wrong.

Without written history, few people would know what the statues represents. Without the statues, written history remains the same.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Antifa is a bunch of kids with silly hats..
I say the citizen of US should grow some balls and deal with these brats now..
end the madness

You forgot about the masks. I have a real problem with people hiding their identities. For all stoopid of those who call themselves Nazis...at least they didn't hide.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Historic statues = history.

History books = history.

If a historic statue is removed some portion of history is removed.

If a historic book is removed some portion of history is removed.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I agree with Neo96 on this one, its going to get bleak. The target on the horizon will be a futuristic version of Mao's China and there will be no room for dissent where they have the power to enforce it. Thought police will not be an abstract concept but will become a hard reality.

I suggest moving out of large cities. They will become death traps when this hits the fan. My guess is next presidential election.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join