It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

solar eclipse: what if?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
just thinking what if what the evil underlords of the world are planning is too make the entire us population go blind. i personnally am right this at the time when the solar eclipse is starting and i am using a #10 welding goggles. even using these looking at the sun for about 2 minutes total i think i went blind a little. i am seeing a greenish red circle everywhere now that i took off my glasses. it went away now after about 10 minutes but i dont trust it. i wont be looking at it anymore. i can only imagine though fake glasses that they sold to the population and looking for over an hour. imagine everyone not being able to see anything, everybody blind. there would surely be casualties as nobody could even move let alone drive to safety.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: lizardghost

Wow. How have you lived this long?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

just thinking what if what the evil underlords of the world are planning is too make the entire us population go blind.

well then the evil overlords might get pissed.

i can only imagine though fake glasses that they sold to the population and looking for over an hour. imagine everyone not being able to see anything, everybody blind.

the fake glasses that will actually protect your eyes?

You should know that welding glasses or goggles aren't designed for that kind viewing, some have been built to be safe looking at eclipses others aren't.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You mean the Triffids?
Just watch out for any large green things you don't recognise, and keep out of their way.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: lizardghost
just thinking what if what the evil underlords of the world are planning is too make the entire us population go blind. i personnally am right this at the time when the solar eclipse is starting and i am using a #10 welding goggles. even using these looking at the sun for about 2 minutes total i think i went blind a little. i am seeing a greenish red circle everywhere now that i took off my glasses. it went away now after about 10 minutes but i dont trust it. i wont be looking at it anymore. i can only imagine though fake glasses that they sold to the population and looking for over an hour. imagine everyone not being able to see anything, everybody blind. there would surely be casualties as nobody could even move let alone drive to safety.

That's because a #13 was the minimum rating put out by NASA.. they told people your typical welding goggles won't cut it

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bender151

LOL!!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You need a #14 shade to view safely with welding glass...if you have 2 different shade levels, try to stack them so it brings it to a #14...most home use welders are avg. 8-10...try combining to be on the safe side...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
everybody putting there trust is glasses that look like 80s 3d glasses with paper sides that allow sun in through the sides??? who is making these 3d glasses north korea?
edit on 21-8-2017 by lizardghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

everybody putting there trust is glasses that look like 80s 3d glasses with paper sides that allow sun in through the sides??? who is making these 3d glasses north korea?

yes and they have no issues like you have.

Why would Jesus need glasses to view an eclipse?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If the lense isn't rated above 14 then you're going to get some damage.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I was thinking that those who saw the eclipse might suddenly get the ability to recognise the alien overlords living among us...THEY LIVE!!!!

Cool movie.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

You must be the smartest person I've seen here...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Good luck with being permanently blind within the next few hours.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I just dont get the big hoopla about the moon crossing in front of the sun....

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

i am just playing into the hype from youtube videos that somthing major is going to happen during this eclipse. but like all other conspiracy theorys on youtube. they are all fake. but just entertaining bad thoughts, i think it would only be the west coast that went blind because news would reach the east coast that everyone is going blind on the west coast.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
A juxtaposition:

Us Brits are in London staring upwards at a round clock, in awe.

The Americans are staring up just the same at the round eclipse, in awe.

Maybe the elites need us to stare upwards at round things as part of some ancient ritual.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

But I'm staring downwards at a rectangular phone.

I don't know if that's better or worse???

Help!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Look around you...we are already blind. At least to anything they hope we don't see. Distractions make us blind...we care more about football than the world...blind for a long time

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa
Either way you're staring... It's what they want!!!

edit on 21-8-2017 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I went blind and I only watched it on the television. Or it could be my self abuse my mother warned me about.
She said I'd go blind and I said" can I do it till I have to have glasses".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join