It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Petition to Recognize Antifa as a Terrorist Org Surpasses Goal of 100k Signatures in Just 4 Days

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: DupontDeux

Antifa ARE terrorist, just like ISIS and BLM and the KKK and Nazis and etc etc. Trying to make a distinction is problematic and, well, sad.

You have to expand on that to make me understand the reasoning - why is it problematic and sad to distinguish?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I signed AND posted it on my facebook.. I hope something comes of it.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
If they make it a terrorist organisation they have to go after the neo nazis and kkk also.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

Antifa ARE terrorist, just like ISIS and BLM and the KKK and Nazis and etc etc. Trying to make a distinction is problematic and, well, sad.

You have to expand on that to make me understand the reasoning - why is it problematic and sad to distinguish?

Dude what's in that cigar your avatar is smokin?? It's political violence, which by definition is terrorism.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues

The petition that was started just this past Thursday has already surpassed it's goal of 100,000 required signatures. As of this post the amount of signatures has risen to 145,000.

Terrorism is defined as “the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims”. This definition is the same definition used to declare ISIS and other groups, as terrorist organizations. AntiFa has earned this title due to its violent actions in multiple cities and their influence in the killings of multiple police officers throughout the United States. It is time for the pentagon to be consistent in its actions – and just as they rightfully declared ISIS a terror group, they must declare AntiFa a terror group – on the grounds of principle, integrity, morality, and safety.

WhiteHouse.gov

Looks like the tides are finally turning, this wave of hysteria is about to crash. The silent majority has had enough.

Don't.

Let's reserve that term for people who behead innocent people, fly planes into towers, release gas in the subway, bombs buildings, or who roast people - children and adults alike - alive in cages above roaring fire.

I want people to think of the horrors of the above, not the douchebags who push and shove and perhaps punches people in the face while yelling mean things, when I mention terror and terrorists.

Don't diminish the horrific actions of (what I perceive to be) *real* terrorists by putting them in the same category as antifa.

Just don't.

Terrorism : noun
1. The use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes. Dictionary.com

I get that you do not want to distinguish between antifa and ISIS, but ..

..I can't help but notice how everyone in the collage still have their head attached to their neck.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Dude what's in that cigar your avatar is smokin?? It's political violence, which by definition is terrorism.

Sure, I do not dispute that, but why is it problematic and sad to distinguish between them?

We do that with all kinds of other groups that have similarities.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Because there is no distinction between the groups. They are violent terror groups.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Hows THIS for proof they're terrorists?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Antifa is a disgusting group of pseudo-communists and angry millenials who are pissed that their parents bought them last years BMW and not the current model.

They use fascism as a tool to fight free speech.

They are idiots.

But labeling them as a terrorist group just elevates them.

We already have laws against what they do. The violence, the property damage, the physical assaults are illegal already.

I guess what concerns me is having one political party in office and labeling the extreme elements of the other party labeling them as terrorists.

I support free speech and have been labeled as a nazi sympathizer by people here. Imagine if they were in power and had the ability to label and criminalize opinion!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Do people get just exactly what it is they are supporting here ?

That all it takes is a certain amount of signatures and the mob gets to declare anyone they want as 'enemies of the state'.

As much as I can't stand antifa.

No people.

Just no.

Yall are playing a very dangerous game.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Fox News covered this development.

a reply to: neo96
All the petition threshold does is guarantee an official response from the White House. It doesnt require the White House follow what the petition is wanting.
edit on 21-8-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Failure to call ACTUAL terrorists, "Terrorists"...is NOT the way to go either.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Facts don't care about your feelings.
Terrorist means what an ATS user posted on the front page. Terrorist does not necessarily or only mean "a person who does disgusting and shocking things".

We need to stop putting our hearts before our minds.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Is this just emphasisiing the tit for tat divide and conquer propaganda the media are pushing?

Surely we can rise above this and agree that Antifa are not close to being terrorists - nether are the protesting right...

Can people not see that this 'terrorist' label will be used as a fulcrum for governments to bend the rules? Once Bob from next door becomes a terrorist just because we don't like his views then we have entered 1984.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Apologies for this off topic post, but I like how you guys all have different opinions on this forum. It gives a clear perspective on these events while in most other places people tend to lean in one direction while blasting anyone else who has different views. As somebody who is in the midst of leaving 4chan for good, it is very refreshing.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Yes but those pictures - so emotive aren't they? - Get you really fired up don't they? No? Ah, that's because propaganda does not control your opinions. Unlike most.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

I just signed this petition too, its at 162k signers as of 2 minutes ago...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well... now every dissident left or right can be labeled anti-fa and silenced.

Morons.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Is anyone here Anti-Fascists? or do you support fascism? if you don't support fascists, you just labeled yourself a terrorist

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It's a little disturbing to see how comfortable so many posters on ATS are in supporting free political speech for people they agree with while being more than willing to do whatever it takes to shut down speech they don't like. Every time I use my cane to get up off the couch, the people who are so bold to have signed this petition make me throw up in my mouth a little that I'm barely into my 40's and have had and will require many more surgeries related to my naïveté in enlisting to protect and defend the US Constitution for every person living on American soil. Not just the ones i agree with. It's ironic that you're all utilizing a form of protest that you would like to deny those you disagree with. Just keep in mind that the pendulum always swings back and some day when you're old, weak and helpless and an easy target, theynjust might label you a terrorist and traitor too. Simply because they disagree with your politics and how you choose to demonstrate those politics. Not one of you would go through a protest and look someone in the eye and do something merging about it. But you all talk super tough on ATS. Irony is rampant on ATS these days it would seem.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join