It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

originally posted by: Lysergic
Sup with those satellites?

Those just attached to blimps?

Satellites are a massive lie. They send up weather balloons, or high altitude planes, but no satellites.

A ruse works because it is reinforced, over and over. They claim thousands of satellites are 'orbiting' the Earth, and you assume it must be true. The fact that nobody ever SEES satellites in orbit doesn't matter to you. There are people who claim they have seen them fly above them at night, and that reinforces your belief. There is NO proof of any satellites orbiting Earth, however. Communications claimed to be from satellites are actually ground-based communications. Radio-wave, fiber optic cables, etc. are the ACTUAL communication methods used. They simply tell us that satellites are used for it, and everyone believes it. If they had told you 100 years ago that your radio was a satellite radio, where satellites in Earth orbit sent signals to Earth, which were picked up by your little radio antenna, you'd have believed it was true. Except they didn't claim there were satellites orbiting Earth 100 years ago, so they couldn't make up their BS about satellite TV/radio until many years later. A satellite TV dish is just like your little radio antenna, and you have no idea they're full of crap.

I'm not sure whether you actually believe any of the nonsense that you post or if you are just a massive troll but there are an awful lot of sites/apps that you can use that track satellites and you can use these to see them for yourself. Eg:

Live Real Time Satellite Tracking

You can even get apps on your phone. Some can be seen with the naked eye and you can use these sites to see satellites from your own location. The ISS follows a regular and predictable orbit and I have seen it with my own eyes many times.

So if these are not real, do tell - what are we seeing? Where are all those launch rockets going and what are they doing if not launching satellites into orbit?

What about weather satellites - are they fake too?

Please tell me that you do not believe in a glass dome.

edit on 13-11-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: turbonium1

Really? Welp, then those little white dots that cross the sky every night on a predictable schedule must be magic then! Or perhaps they're just huge space fireflies? Here's another link to a source that you doubtless scorn.
You do know that you can see the ISS with a pair of binoculars... don't you?
As an aside I see that this sterile thread has made it to another page that will doubtless just repeat the nonsense of the previous pages. Can we get a mod involved?

How do you know it's a satellite, or the ISS? How do you know where the objects even ARE?

You don't. You cannot see any of the 'little white dots', what they are, where they are. Assuming these 'little white dots' are actually there, crossing above you every night, to begin with!

You hear what they tell you about everything, without any proof, and you instantly believe them.

I prefer actual PROOF of it, not NASA's claims about it.

They might be weather balloons, etc. Who knows?

You believe whatever they claim. I require proof of their claims, before I accept it...

'Look at those little white lights, they are satellites, because NASA says they are!!'

Sorry, not good enough.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
I'm not sure whether you actually believe any of the nonsense that you post or if you are just a massive troll but there are an awful lot of sites/apps that you can use that track satellites and you can use these to see them for yourself. Eg:

You can even get apps on your phone. Some can be seen with the naked eye and you can use these sites to see satellites from your own location. The ISS follows a regular and predictable orbit and I have seen it with my own eyes many times.

So if these are not real, do tell - what are we seeing? Where are all those launch rockets going and what are they doing if not launching satellites into orbit?

I only look at the actual evidence, that's all.

Planes can be proven, and anyone knows a plane flies, by going on a flight.

Satellites are not proven, because we can't go up there to prove it, and I don't believe claims without any valid proof.

You believe there are satellites because they claim thousands of satellites have been launched, and we can 'track' them, and we can actually 'see' them orbiting Earth with our eyes, as 'all those little lights we see crossing by, every night'...

None of that is proof, in any way, at all. It's purely 'magic', indeed.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
NASA's 'artist renditions' of space, and planets, and Earth, are pure nonsense.

That's not proof of ANYTHING. It's utter BS.

Let's see Mars, ourselves, with the same telescopes, to confirm if it's true, or is not true, what they claim about Mars....and the other planets, as well.

Stars are not endless, and millions of light years away.

Stars would blanket the sky, with starlight, in an endless universe.... Nothing would be pitch black.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Let's see Mars, ourselves, with the same telescopes, to confirm if it's true, or is not true, what they claim about Mars....and the other planets, as well.

Stars would blanket the sky, with starlight, in an endless universe.... Nothing would be pitch black.

Well why don't you compare amatuer astronomers pictures with NASA pictures of planets for example

Views of the Solar System

Also YOU don't understand how light works over a distance.

So guess what there would be darkness.

Why do people like yourself not understand science etc is it the result of a POOR education perhaps

edit on 17-11-2018 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2018 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Well why don't you try to track for example the ISS? Why does the ISS appear on tracking apps and is visible to the naked eye? Nothing else can replicate that. Think about it?

A Nikon P900 is only a couple of hundred bucks secondhand or why not just rent one? Download the app for your mobile or tablet and do the same as this guy in the US.

Come on think about it? Why has none of the die-hard conspiracy theorists busted this in relation the the tracking app and what can be seen or recorded? Some die-hard conspiracy theorists claim that the ISS is faked wth a U-2/ER-2 flying over. Think of the logistics of that and explain why such footage can be captured over China/Russia etc?. No aircraft can replicate the ISS like that.

Step by step guide of how to track and film the ISS transit across the Moon.

Explain why none of the die-hard flat eathers have ever busted this? Think of the logistics needed to replicate it with the mad claim that is an aircraft? Even for one visible predicted pass of the ISS think how many aircraft would be required and the logistics of it over and over again?

An example of the madness in regards to the U-2/ER-2 claimed to be faking the ISS.

He even claims from 1 min 45 secs that the U-2 travels at thousands of miles per hour. LOL Seriously?

You can see the die-hard mindset in the following video. It is just mind numbing to me that people even consider these ideas.

LOL And now the U-2 is wearing an ISS hologram. I kid you not!

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Flat enough to prove it's round!!!

Irony, indeed. :LOL:

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
So the clip shows a brightly lit object speed across the night-time sky, and it's supposed to be the ISS, because NASA's 'tracking app' states that the ISS will be flying across the sky, at that area, at that time...right?

It simply shows an object in the sky, where and when NASA said it would be. What the object actually is, or is not, cannot be proven. I know you believe NASA on everything they say, and do, but I prefer actual evidence, actual proof, over what NASA says...

To me, it looks no higher altitude than a plane, at least from that angle, and from it's movement across the sky.

Another thing - the stars are not visible, anywhere in the sky, yet the (supposed) ISS is seen.

If the object is in Earth orbit, as you believe, then it would have to be a clear sky, right? Which also means we would see stars in the sky, as well as the object flying by. It cannot be due to camera settings, either, since he's trying to FILM brightly lit objects in the sky, for one thing. And obviously, this little bright light is visible on footage. So why is the entire sky completely black, except for the one object?

If the stars are not visible, yet the object is, then the only answer is that clouds are obscuring the stars, and the object is BELOW the clouds, where it can be seen. Which means it is NOT in Earth orbit, and NOT the ISS, either.

So that's probably why it looks to be flying low, like a plane...because it IS flying low!

The moon clip is also odd. Why would it not appear as a bright object in the sky, either before of after passing by the moon? We see the moon, so it can't be clouds, obscuring it.

This does not make sense, unless it is not even an actual object passing by the moon. Which again means it is not the ISS, as before. I think it is a projection, of some sort, from Earth, and cast out, across the moon.

It's basic trickery, and illusions, deliberately meant to fool people into believing that this is the ISS, orbiting Earth.

The problem is that tricks don't always work so well. Clouds ruined the illusion.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Good grief you really are deep down the rabbit hole.

I bet that you or any other Flat Earth believer would turn down a private orbital space flight? In decades to come the private space companies are going to be offering orbital flights along with the sub-orbitals. I bet that all the current prominent and very vocal flat earth believers would turn down a flight even if it was offered to them or someone offered to pay? No doubt they would claim that they had been drugged/hypnotized, etc. Imagine an orbital flight with a whole group of prominent flat earthers? It would be fun to watch!
My guess is that none of the "leading flat earthers" would take such a flight. They have too much to lose. The die-hards in the flat earth community would round on them if they came back from on orbital flight and declared that they had been proven wrong. I guess It is a mindset that will never be conquered.

I caught this video today and it is just mind numbing!

Flat Earther trying to convince a School Board in the US.

I'd love to see her face on a space tourist flight. Just sad that in decades to come thousands of people will have flown on orbital and sub-orbital space tourist flights and still flat earthers will be unconvinced.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

The windows would be fish eye'd, or some such twaddle.

That they merrily attempt to refute established, and verified, science, and fail in such attempts, yet declare victory, anyway should be evidence that their fingers are firmly inserted into their ears, and they're keening "lalalalalalala" as loud as they can.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

That they merrily attempt to refute established, and verified, science, and fail in such attempts, yet declare victory, anyway should be evidence that their fingers are firmly inserted into their ears, and they're keening "lalalalalalala" as loud as they can.

Hah! Ya!
They'd probably think that NASA, or SpaceX, would show fake CGI movies in fake windows on the sub-orbital space tourist flights, or some other impossible technology, out of crazy unfathomable future-tech thingy wizardry!
Sheesh!!

What kind of fool would believe that we would ever see that, within our lifetimes?
Why do some folks just have hard old beliefs, and never question them.

Some are just more easily convinced, than others, it seems.

Notwithstanding this link, though:

Look mommy! A big ball!

From the article:

Looking out a plane window is one of the simpler, if perhaps only, pleasures of flying. But Emirates envisages a future of windowless planes, instead incorporating viewing screens which are connected to fibre-optic cameras which are pointed away from the aircraft. SEE ALSO: Boeing's 777X wingtips will fold to let it squeeze into narrow airport gates The virtual windows are already part of the middle suites on the airline's Boeing 777 first class cabin, which launched late last year. Such changes would make a plane lighter and faster, and thus more fuel efficient, according to Emirates president Tim Clarke. "Imagine now a fuselage as you're boarding with no windows, but when you get inside, there are windows," he told the BBC. "Now you have one fuselage which has no structural weaknesses because of windows. The aircraft are lighter, the aircraft could fly faster, they'll burn far less fuel and fly higher." Clarke added the windows have an image quality that "is better than with the natural eye."

See: because they say 'cameras', so it would be 'real' images, instead of some kind of fake CGI movies in fake windows on the sub-orbital space tourist flights, or some other impossible technology, out of crazy unfathomable future-tech thingy wizardry!
Sheesh!!

Some are just more easily convinced, than others, it seems.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Here's a little tip: buy yourself a telescope. Then look at Mars. Then look at Venus. And then look at Saturn. Rinse and repeat. That might give you the basic insight needed to realise that they a) exist and b) have phases.
Then take a look at the Milky Way. Find a place away from street lights and you will see that you can see the Galaxy we live in.
If your telescope is any good then take a look at Andromeda, as in the galaxy.
Then grab a book on physics and do some reading.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

And they would need to be adjustable fish-eyed -- something they could slowly activate as they approach suborbital heights...

...Or else, when the passengers were on the ground looking through the window, everything would look curved.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Here's a little tip: buy yourself a telescope.

You advocate for the dark arts?

Hie thee hence!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Meh. It's witchcraft, meant to delude him.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Anyone figured out if Eratosthenes was just a round earth shill?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Anyone figured out if Eratosthenes was just a round earth shill?

He got paid 10 drachmas for every scroll he could find to which he could add his "sphere Earth" stuff.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Satellites are not proven, because we can't go up there to prove it, and I don't believe claims without any valid proof.

You believe there are satellites because they claim thousands of satellites have been launched, and we can 'track' them, and we can actually 'see' them orbiting Earth with our eyes, as 'all those little lights we see crossing by, every night'...

not that you will use common sense here, (if you did, this thread wouldn't exist) But where do you suppose Satellite Internet comes from?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Come on, they will just say its all via undersea cables and radio transmissions etc.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

not that you will use common sense here, (if you did, this thread wouldn't exist) But where do you suppose Satellite Internet comes from?

They have that one covered by the balloons.

Of course it is Project Loon

Project Loon Wiki

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join