It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 46
<< 43  44  45   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: turbonium1

Ok wow now your denying gravity exists? Well there is no point in further discussion because that is incredibly easy to prove on your own. My suggestion go to a very tall building and jump. I'm betting your belief in gravity would return the moment you look down.

Well there is no point arguing with someone that can't even accept the basics of reality. Good luck i have a feeling not being able to grasp the basics of reality its just a matter of time before you kill yourself. I guess someone has to win those darwin awards.

I hope you read what follows....
Gravity - the force you believe has been proven, and established, and 100% factual - is nothing but a myth.
You, and others, have taken it as a fact. I understand why. This was partially my own experience at the time I was in school. I was told in elementary school that humans were once apes, millions of years ago. They had an 'evolutionary chart' on the classroom wall, which showed how we 'progressed' from microbes, to sea organisms, to lizards, to little monkeys, to apes, to cave men, and finally, into humans.
Nobody told me it was complete bs, which it is. They were teaching it to us in frickin' Grade 2!! At that age, a child is very impressionable to what is told. Visual impressions are most important to a young child. That's why I remember that 'evolutionary chart' so vividly, decades later.
Gravity is the same thing. You speak of gravity like it is an established fact.
Your argument goes - 'How can you not believe gravity exists? Maybe if you jumped off the top floor of a 30-story building, you would understand that gravity does exist!'
Falling to Earth is your 'proof' that gravity exists, in essence.
If objects are 'pulled' to Earth, why do we always say objects 'fall' to Earth?
Someone jumped off a 10 story building..... Did he FALL to the surface below? Or was he PULLED DOWN to the surface below? If you believe gravity exists, you should believe he was PULLED DOWN to the surface below, right?
So why do you think nobody ever says the man jumped off the building, and was PULLED DOWN to the surface?
Do you think objects are 'pulled' to Earth, yet, for absolutely no reason at all, we have always said that objects are 'falling' to Earth?
Isn't it strange that a force which 'pulls' all objects towards it, is always described as a 'fall'?
Nobody is ever said to have been 'pulled down' to Earth, after jumping off of a building. They always 'fall' to Earth.
It's not because Webster's dictionary made a mistake, or scientists confused a 'pull' with a 'fall', or.that 'we all know' it refers to the same thing, no need to revise it at this point...
'Pulling' is felt. When we hold a metallic object, we can feel when it is being 'pulled' towards a magnet. When we leave a house, and snag our coat in the door, we are 'pulled' backwards. The same as a 'push' is felt.
What do you feel when you drop towards the ground? Do you feel something 'pulling' you down, towards the ground? Not at all.
If it was called a 'pull', and we are not feeling 'pulled' to the ground', it would be clearly understood there is no force 'pulling' us down. When it is called a 'fall', it is not questioned. The force 'pulls' us down, yet we 'fall' to Earth. Nothing wrong, folks, move along!
The reality is that a force will offer resistance to any opposing force(s). A pulling force, like a magnet, offers resistance to anything going against the pull of that magnet. Same as a force pulling objects down to Earth would offer resistance to anything going against it.
Gravity is a complete fantasy. It was meant to fool the world, and it still does, for the most part.

The above utter gibberish is quoted in full for other trolls to read and marvel over. This is how you troll. You make a preposterous statement and state it with utter conviction.
Bravo Turbo! Masterful trolling!
(You have to be trolling by the way, because no-one can be so stupid as to deny gravity)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Do you really believe that was some sort of explanation as to why gravity doesn't exist?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

(You have to be trolling by the way, because no-one can be so stupid as to deny gravity)

Again... this is the same guy that said "birds can fly so gravity can't exist"

Im totally leaning towards idiocy... not just trolling

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

He can't, can he?

No one can possibly be this...uneducated, yet pretend otherwise without deliberate intent. aka Trolling.

Gravity = Magnetic force? Seriously?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

We live in a world where there are people this uneducated... and this actually scares me...

IF this guy actually believes the crap he spews... he is literally the evolving breed of idiocracy… And ironically he argues against evolution as well...

This means we are truly walking down that road as a species...

And people wonder why I don't have kids

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I don't believe he does. Nor do most of 'em that take this, seemingly, so seriously.

Doing it for the lulz.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Nice try.

I said if a force pulls all objects down to Earth's surface, then any object opposing that force would face resistance. A bird faces no resistance to a force, when it flies from Earth's surface.

You can keep on ignoring that problem, but it won't help your argument to act like a troll, while the other trolls post even more garbage on this thread.

Grow up, or go cry somewhere else. I'm here to discuss the issues, not banter with packs of little trolls.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I said if a force pulls all objects down to Earth's surface, then any object opposing that force would face resistance. A bird faces no resistance to a force, when it flies from Earth's surface.

Why does a bird flap its wings?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

Nice try.

You can keep on ignoring that problem, but it won't help your argument to act like a troll, while the other trolls post even more garbage on this thread.

Grow up, or go cry somewhere else. I'm here to discuss the issues, not banter with packs of little trolls.

Nope, I'm sorry, this place doesn't work that way. Have you noticed which forum this thread is in? The Flat Earth theory is so scientifically illiterate a concept that it is widely mocked, laughed at and derided. It fails basic observational science on so many levels (time zones, the varying lengths of shadows in different places at noon depending on latitude, the night sky, other planets, lunar eclipses, etc) that it takes a special kind of stupid (or a mastery of trolling (tips hat to you sir)) to believe it. You keep ignoring all the proof, which makes you either fantastically stubborn, or just deluded, or a troll.
Then there's the disbelief in gravity. Words fail me, but if you are not trolling us then you need to sue your school to get your parents money back. You certainly need to revisit physics 101.
I've been on this site for many years now. The silliest thread I ever saw was by a pillock who thought that the Titanic was sunk by a German U-Boat and who refused to listen to the mountain of facts that disproved his theory. Your disbelief in gravity - unless of course you are trolling us - is making me wonder if this thread is approaching that level of silliness.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

We live in a world where there are people this uneducated... and this actually scares me...

IF this guy actually believes the crap he spews... he is literally the evolving breed of idiocracy… And ironically he argues against evolution as well...

You know what scares me? People parroting whatever they learn. At least the folks that you call idiots are attempting to uses their own reasoning and logic and make conclusions based on that, rather than buying into every "fact" they are taught in school. Does belittling them, make you feel like the big man on campus, at least for a little while???
edit on 23-9-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

A bird faces no resistance to a force, when it flies from Earth's surface.

yes it does.

as DJW001 asks why does a bird flap its wings?

there is no need to try and hide your intentions so just accept your position and don't try hiding it in such an obvious reveres manner.

Why do birds flap their wings?

NO you are here to see how often you can trigger posters to respond to you.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

You know what scares me? People parroting whatever they learn. At least the folks that you call idiots are attempting to uses their own reasoning and logic and make conclusions based on that, rather than buying into every "fact" they are taught in school.

On the contrary. They are refusing to perform the experiments that would confirm the facts through their own experience. Make a sextant and hop in the car... or shut up.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

You know what scares me? People parroting whatever they learn. At least the folks that you call idiots are attempting to uses their own reasoning and logic and make conclusions based on that, rather than buying into every "fact" they are taught in school.

On the contrary. They are refusing to perform the experiments that would confirm the facts through their own experience. Make a sextant and hop in the car... or shut up.

What experiments have you personally done that backs up you stance? Be honest here. I am not defending or negating the flat earth theory here.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

calculations of latitude and longitude -

re-enactment of the Eratosthenes experiment

observations of the sun on the summer solstice - from within the arctic circle

obervations of polaris .

building a foucault pendulum and visiting several museum // university instalations

international flight [ as a passenger - only able to observe curvature once - out of over 100 flights ]

observations of the moon from within the arctic circle [ or rather - observations of the absence of moon rise ]

numerous blue water voyages

need i continue ??

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

What experiments have you personally done that backs up you stance? Be honest here. I am not defending or negating the flat earth theory here.

I've learned celestial navigation, observed ships pass over the horizon, and make and use sundials. Any one of those disproves the Flat Earth "Theory."

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

actually - the people that i call idiots - are using sophistry and willfull ignorance

msasy i suggest that you research the concept of collective knowledge - and understand why its so important

its those pesky " facts we learnt ast schoool " - that allow us to get on with developing new ideas

because - those " pesky facts " - are the building blocks - off everthing we know

simply put - without babbage , boole and turing we would not have the computers we do today

think about that - before replying

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I've calculated my latitude and longitude.

I've been out on the ocean, and seen ships vanish from the hull up, because round earth.

I've observed Polaris changing position in the night sky as I've moved either north or south. Only possible on a round earth. Conversely, I can not observe the south pole stars from the northern hemisphere, thus confirming round earth.

Flat earth has not one shred of validity other than as a point for the deserved ridicule it receives. In that respect, and that one respect only, it is completely valid.
edit on 9/23/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I have studied astronomy and observed solar and lunar eclipses. I've travelled widely over the world and observed Polaris from multiple latitudes, as well as other stars.
I've been to sea and seen the hulls of ships on the horizon vanish before the upperworks. I know what time zone differences are, especially as right now my wife is eight hours behind me. My wife observed Dawn in Oregon the other day whilst I talked to her on the phone in the afternoon in London.
A child can tell that the world is round.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

You know what scares me? People parroting whatever they learn. At least the folks that you call idiots are attempting to uses their own reasoning and logic and make conclusions based on that, rather than buying into every "fact" they are taught in school. Does belittling them, make you feel like the big man on campus, at least for a little while???

It takes a special kind of stupid to believe in flat earth and a far more special type to make that claim from the internet. If they were honestly interested in the subject they could watch the sun go down over California while at the same time watch it come up over Hawaii then repeat Japan. Live web cams are kind of fun. They may claim that there is a cover-up with the cams, but there is skype and telephones both of which can be used to confirm the cams are indeed correct by calling the locals there.

Someone making claims the earth is flat is using neither reason nor logic. Their brain is broken in some way.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

At least the folks that you call idiots are attempting to uses their own reasoning and logic and make conclusions based on that, rather than buying into every "fact" they are taught in school. Does belittling them, make you feel like the big man on campus, at least for a little while???

Not in the least... in fact it makes me rather sad inside even though im laughing

You see despite what you seem to think these people are not using their own logic or reason to come to their conclusions... in fact IF you bother to read their replies, you'll find that logic and reason are completely absent!

They get their information from a few twits on YouTube... and various nonsensical websites without doing a lick of their own ground work on the subject...

See the issue I believe is their completely wrapped up in conspiracy... and they're at the point where they believe anything that is considered factual or "the official story" is made up by the elite

It brings them to a point where they can even deny the basics like "gravity"... and begin to believe the earth is flat such as a few of the members in this thread... you may have noticed that the OP is not a flat earther... but the two that are took the argument over... They just need a stage to barf out their nonsense anonymously

So maybe you should actually read the thread before replying to others... Eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45   >>

join