It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who gets into Heaven?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'm a high school student and almost everyday my classmates and I argue about religious topics. I live in the Bible Belt, so of course almost everyone in the class is a close-minded Christian.

My question to you all is this: What kind of person can get into heaven?

As an agnostic, i believe that, to get into "heaven", all you have to do is treat others (no matter their religious beliefs) with the utmost dignity and respect. But SOME christians in my class believe that ONLY CHRISTIANS can get into heaven. I think this is ridiculous, because i'm sure that there is a room full of muslims somewhere saying ONLY MUSLIMS get into heaven. If God is our father and he created us, why would he send any of us to hell?

And (to christians), how is it fair that a man who murdered 20 people can get into heaven, as long as he truly accepts christ as his savior, but a non-christian who helps others and leads a great life is damned to hell?

I'd appreciate all input from everyone, regardless of their religous beliefs/backgrounds.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I'm not a religious man, but I'd have to say that it would make more sense to get into heaven by just being a good person regardless of religion. Most religions say we should be tolerant of others so hey, maybe heavens just one big party for everyone

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
"The kingdom of heaven is within."

This is the second line so a MOD does not punish me for a one line post.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The idea that a higher power could create us and then sentence us to an eternity of hell just because of our actions is ridiculous.

But then if that is said, its fair to say that an eternity of bliss is also ridiculous.

So who gets into heaven? Well I would hope everyone.

The real question is, what do you for an eternity in heaven?

Is rock n roll allowed?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Yes...rock and roll is allowed.

Hi Kwintz,

Originally posted by Kwintz

My question to you all is this: What kind of person can get into heaven?

As an agnostic, i believe that, to get into "heaven", all you have to do is treat others (no matter their religious beliefs) with the utmost dignity and respect. But SOME Christians in my class believe that ONLY CHRISTIANS can get into heaven. I think this is ridiculous, because I'm sure that there is a room full of Muslims somewhere saying ONLY MUSLIMS get into heaven. If God is our father and he created us, why would he send any of us to hell?

And (to Christians), how is it fair that a man who murdered 20 people can get into heaven, as long as he truly accepts christ as his savior, but a non-Christian who helps others and leads a great life is damned to hell?

I'd appreciate all input from everyone, regardless of their religious beliefs/backgrounds.

Thank you.

You hit upon a key point in addressing this heated issue...

There is a huge difference between being religious and being spiritual, and we all know that there are many religious people out there who do not lead moral lives.

Giving lip service to a purported deity is not enough to get one into a heavenly plane. One has to also try to live by The Golden Rule (which is found in all the world's religions), serve others, and also strive to improve one's character.

All karmic debts must be counterbalanced when in the discarnate dimensions. Those who shirk their spiritual responsibility (e.g., after a life review), greatly hamper their ability to ascend from the Lower Realms into the Mid Realms of basic spirituality -- where the cities of light of the angels reside.

Near death experience, after death communication, and spiritual communication through meditation research all point to morality being absolute and not relative (signifying that no one ever truly ever gets away with anything), and that spiritual development is measured by one's ability to love genuinely and deeply -- which correspondingly in the Spirit is the amplified ability to Radiate Spiritual White Light.

The greater the ability to love genuinely and deeply, developed from serving others, Radiating Love and Compassion, and striving to live by The Golden Rule: the greater the ability -- once the soul is free of matter -- to ascend into The Light Of The God Force. The higher the discarnate plane in The Light, the greater the expansion of consciousness and the more powerful the level of energy available on an individual basis.

[edit on 4-10-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
To be honest, I don't really know who will get into heaven. For that matter, I don't even know if there is a heaven per Se. However, I would tend to think that those who live a life without incurring Karmic debt through a life of decency and genuine love for ones fellow beings will have the best chance of experiencing whatever it is that awaits us.

However, I don't really believe that there is a heaven or a hell. If there is anything, I think that it would be the continued existence of our human essence (Heaven) and the eternal disintegration of that essence would be Hell.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
To be honest, I don't really know who will get into heaven. For that matter, I don't even know if there is a heaven per Se. However, I would tend to think that those who live a life without incurring Karmic debt through a life of decency and genuine love for ones fellow beings will have the best chance of experiencing whatever it is that awaits us.

However, I don't really believe that there is a heaven or a hell. If there is anything, I think that it would be the continued existence of our human essence (Heaven) and the eternal disintegration of that essence would be Hell.

I think your views point to a structured spiritual dimension, based around the concepts of Light and Dark.

Whereas the higher dimensions are of light to ultimately a infinite degree of light (or God force), and in contrast the lower dimensions reducing in this light to ultimately probably no light at there furthest reaches, away from the light.

new topics

top topics

join