It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago this weekend (so far): 7 dead, 42 wounded, 0 coverage on cable news

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: xuenchen
Update Chicago.

7 killed over the weekend. ... Last week 18 people shot and killed. ... 37 shot and killed so far in August. ... Year to date ---- 422 shot and killed

Over 400 murdered, almost all of them black and little to no reporting on it. Just goes to show that the main stream media thinks that Black Lives Don't Matter.

They only matter if they are downtown with Jessie Jackson protesting Donald Trump's lifetime membership with the KKK, Neo-Nazi's, and the Love Hitler association.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The biggest danger to black is and always will be...

Other blacks.

By a big margin too.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
10pm Chicago time update:

10:00p Shoot-o-Rahm-a Tally: 8 killed, 54 wounded

From a financial standpoint, the 54 wounded are a big deal. Very expensive immediate, and lifetime care. Most are on taxpayer funded ObamaCare Medicaid.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Sounds like a real quiet weekend in Chicago. I suppose the upcoming eclipse is effecting people. seven dead is not a high weekend number there.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
BREAKING: A WHITE GUY was killed in Chicago! This bombshell led the local TV News tonight, and is in all the Newspapers.

A former Northwestern professor and an Oxford University employee lured a 26-year-old man into a Near North Side high rise and stabbed him dozens of times to fulfill an elaborate, violent sexual fantasy.
www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Who's outraged about gangbangers and drug dealers getting killed?

I was under the impression that black lives mattered?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

How long has Chicago been a death City? It seems like for a very long time now from what I've read on ATS. You'd have thought the police would have it under control by now or is it not part of their job? Are the police scared to enter Chicago? Is it a free for all City?

Signs should read before you enter Chicago 'Enter at your own risk' or 'If you enter you may not come out alive'.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Black people killing black people.

The media doesn't want to cover that.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

How long has Chicago been a death City? It seems like for a very long time now from what I've read on ATS. You'd have thought the police would have it under control by now or is it not part of their job? Are the police scared to enter Chicago? Is it a free for all City?

Signs should read before you enter Chicago 'Enter at your own risk' or 'If you enter you may not come out alive'.

The police are under constant lawsuit and continuous criticism.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Regnor
60+ unsolved murders in 2016 in Washington D.C., but I only ever here about one on sites like this.

Chicago and Washington too? Why dont they have gun laws, I am assuming most of these are gun related?

crime.chicagotribune.com...

edit on 21-8-2017 by Dogwooddoors because: found moes data

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dogwooddoors

originally posted by: Regnor
60+ unsolved murders in 2016 in Washington D.C., but I only ever here about one on sites like this.

Chicago and Washington too? Why dont they have gun laws, I am assuming most of these are gun related?

crime.chicagotribune.com...

It's already illegal to use an illegal gun.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...
It's already illegal to use an illegal gun.

Do you mean to tell me that if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will own guns??? Tell me its not true!!

edit on 21-8-2017 by Dogwooddoors because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

You should probably be more careful with your impressions.

Why dont black lives matter to other blacks then? Something like 85% of murdered blacks are killed by other blacks.

Something doesnt add up.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

originally posted by: avgguy

You should probably be more careful with your impressions.

Why dont black lives matter to other blacks then? Something like 85% of murdered blacks are killed by other blacks.

Something doesnt add up.

My guess would be that the majority of this is drug and gang related. The average black person that fall into this are probably collateral killings.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Black lives only matter if the person doing the killing is white...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Dogwooddoors

Chicago already has tough gun laws. In towns like Chicago, gun laws don't work any better than most any other law. Some neighborhoods turn lawless when cops won't go there.

People need to immerse themselves in what they're defending when supporting groups like BLM. I encourage supporters to go live in my hometown, Gary, IN. If their brand of tolerance/love and activism is enough to protect them in Gary, while setting an example for LE and the rest of us, that would be commendable. I'd like to see it.

It easy to be white, go into a town, complain about cops/white people while LE provides protection and all colors of taxpayers/voters support the right to do so. What's challenging is to take that message to Chicago neighborhoods or downtown Gary...Oh I forgot there is no downtown Gary it was all firebombed/erased.

Real towns like Gary need support/attention not self-serving groups like BLM. Supporters are missing their true calling, make a difference in one town and people might rally behind the effort. Imagine everyone joining in to fix places like Chicago, Gary, Detroit etc.

Removing statues isn't going to help Chicago/Gary but removing the criminal element sure would. Wonder why city officials aren't motivated to do that? Chicago police used to keep everyone in line but now they're hands are tied by corrupt leaders better served by the criminal element than healthy communities.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory
I was being a "little" facetious in my post! Your post was very well written and makes perfect sense, at least to me. At least Illinois is now giving out some concealed carry permits and hopefully will increase the amount allowed. Maybe someday Il will be as safe as most states but Chicago I fear may have to destroy itself first?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Sorry didn't realize you were being facetious. Thanks for the compliment and for understanding my post.

Blaming guns is simple minded, people give into that mindset because they want simple solutions. Unfortunately people have latched on and refuse to let go. They don't understand why the rest of us won't jump on their bandwagon and do the easy thing too.

The right to bear arms isn't an easy thing to acquire and should not be given up in exchange for anything. Imo our American rights aren't up for barter.

People need to stop demanding rights be taken away as solutions for problems. People willing to cast American rights aside, imo, are naive in their belief that only good will come of it.

This brave new world is quickly becoming little more than a fool's paradise.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

but Chicago I fear may have to destroy itself first?

I wanted to address this comment separately because that's my fear.

I can't imagine Chicago going the same way as Gary. Gary is devastation/ruin. Some of the buildings that burned/collapsed were large but nothing like John Hancock, btw was he racist, or Sears Tower.

The skyscrapers would have to be demoed, they couldn't be abandoned/left to crumble like buildings in Gary.

Erasing the Chicago skyline, what a horribly sad day that would be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join