It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are solar eclipses proof of God?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You posted it. TBH, the thread should have been binned as there were no thoughts from you. Nice way to not use the "it's not my opinion even though I made the thread".

The math is irrelevant as it only pertains to a single eclipse. It would have been wrong for the previous eclipse and it will be wrong for the next eclipse.

Also, we don't orbit the sun in a perfect circle and the moon doesn't orbit us in a perfect circle. If some deity wanted to do it, they sure did a half arsed job of it.

BTW, if I stand in just the right place, my thumb can cause an eclipse for a few people. Distance is irrelevant as eclipses don't happen over a massive distance at the same time.

Also, is like to remind you I'm an atheist. There's no evidence for any of the deities dating back to before your particular one.
edit on 692017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
no proof the moon is artificial. some ancient culture placed a giant rock in orbit. its fascinating.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Terry, I know you are an Atheist you made that abundantly clear in many of your anit-Christian posts you have made since November 2015 when you joined. Your statement about deities seem strange coming from an atheist, but I understand you do believe others do believe in a deity or deities. I find it intriguing to what date before my deity are you referring too?

I did make an opinion in the very first sentence of my OP, go back and read the OP again.

When we consider the mathematical size of the moon, its mathematical distance from the earth, which distance reoccurs at certain mathematically calculated times, simultaneously with the mathematical measurements of the size of the Sun and it's distance from the earth, and we also add the mathematical calculations of the rotations of the Moon, Earth and the Sun, then we put them all together and we can mathematically calculate the results in a phenomena, we call Eclipses. The Mayan's and Inca's did it a thousand years before Christ. If I am not mistaken the Chinese also mathematically worked out Eclipses long before Christ appeared on the scene.

The elliptical orbits make it even more mathematically precarious yet here we are knowing into the future and back into the past when every eclipse has and will happened ad infinium no matter where one will be seen in its totality on this earth and long after we have left our earthly tabernacles.

Eclipses are nothing new to many pre-culture Christians and to those afterwards

edit on 6-9-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

You speak a truth that many deny, however we may differ on who put it there.

I gave you a star for your observational truth.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It won't happen ad infinium. I thought you could read? 600 million years and there will no longer be total eclipses.

You didn't write an opinion about it. You only said it was intriguing.

There's been plenty of deities before your precious one came along. Your one, funnily enough, is just a whole mix of various stories and deities that predate your one.

I read through the thread. It's typical of someone who doesn't believe what they say they believe in. Someone who is looking for confirmation.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

oh a hypothesis of a mathematician perhaps?

I wouldn't give any credence to a man who cannot calculate Eternity. Until then all mathematical equations to place dates on when the end will be of any celestial body including the earth will always amount to millions of years. Next year it will be 600 billion or 600 thousand. Because they have only Uranium and the 24/7/365.2 Time quantum to work with.

In short they know nothing about this planet or the world to come.

No, I wrote "I "FOUND" (not said) this article mathematically intriguing". The word "found" that makes it an opinion of the mathematics of the authors article intriguing or interesting or worth looking at. Which along with the Title is a clear statement needed for a Thread.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

a reply to: TerryDon79 There's no evidence for any of the deities dating back to before your particular one.

You are welcome to go back and rewrite the sentence if you like.

because as written you are saying there were no evedenced for any deities before my particualr one and so I ask again Terry, to what DATE or Time period are you referring too that came before my Deity?
edit on 6-9-2017 by ChesterJohn because: clarification for TerryDon79

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Ah. So now you're back peddling and saying it can't be calculated.

Who said anything about eternity? Strawman much? 600 million years isn't an eternity. It's literally 600 million rotations of the sun (+- a little bit).

We can predict, to a very high degree, what and where celestial bodies will be. So your little arguments fall flat, AGAIN.

Keep up the good work. It makes Xtians look even more rediculous than they already are.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

again Terry to what DATE or Time period are you referring too that came before my Deity?

Before. As in earlier than. Yesterday was before today. Last week was before this week. Last year was before this year.

It's really not a difficult word to understand.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I said Eternity could not be calculated by men. Let's be clear about it.

I know from where comes all matter. It comes from my deity who is from everlasting to everlasting" He created the 24/7/365.2 (a corrupted time since the 8th day). And if I am correct, it is the reason a rock by uranium deletion dating can be dated into billions of years. Once one can put a calculation of eternity then will you get the correct age of the rock and not before.

People have computers trying to figure it out and those super computers can't even calculate it because it is faster than light, which is also based on a faulty mathematical system of 24/7/365.2.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

oh yes the author is looking for confirmation and why not?

Is he or I not entitled to look for confirmation in what we believe?

Are not you allowed too confirm what you believe?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

That's nice.

So ignore all dating because we can't put a number on something that can't be measured? OK. Your sky daddy doesn't exist until you or it puts a number on the colour tangerpurple.

See how that works? Making stupid comments gets you just as stupid replies.

But carry on being angry at people and science. All while using science in your day to day life. Such a good Xtian.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

So now you do believe it?

Make up your mind. You're all over the place.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

There's no evidence of any of the deities existing. Before, during and after your sky daddy.

Geez your reading comprehension is bad.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Come now, seriously you make a pointed and clear statement of and I quote "There's no evidence for any of the deities dating back to before your particular one." Now to what date do YOU put that at?

You made the statement if you didn't mean that then just say so and change the sentence so it goes away.

But it is clear you claim there is no evidence for any of the deities dating back to before my particular one. So what date is that when none of them existed before mine?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Do you not know what the word before means? Hell, I even gave you examples of what before is.

But carry on acting the fool guy. If nothing else I'm getting a good laugh at the insecure Xtian.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

No need to start making up words and being full of nonsense. You made a very clear statement.

And you are close, no one in this world can measure eternity not even people who believe in a as you call him "sky daddy".

This is why there were stupid theological questions and statement came about. Like, how many angles can stand on the head of a pin? Or could god make a post so strong and rock so hard that he couldn't break the post by throwing that rock at it.

So science it is now. I am not angry at science so called nor at you or anyone else. Stop projecting.

We were on a specific science called mathematics. Which does support the re-occurrence of Eclipses mathematically ad infinum, meaning beyond our comprehension of our own time quantum of 24/7/365.2.

The science of biology does not and cannot answer why the human eye can see over a million shades of green.

The science of Astrophysics cannot answer in truth how the universe came into existence. Though it knows of the time of light quantum known as a red curve (in simple terms) which they claim allows them to measure the distance out into 90 billion light years. Yet they cannot even truthfully say how it all came into existence. Did you know the red curve they see no longer existed when they saw it through a computer programmed with only the elements, mathematics and knowledge of the 24/7/365.2.

Have you got it yet?

We are limited to the calculations and elements and mathematics of the earth.

And it is in error that is why it ends in a .2 and fluctuates thereafter. There is no perfect place in this universe, this universe is in existence within a perfect place but in a container so darkness cannot enter into it.

Don't worry though TerryDon79. It will all work it self out for you.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

NO NO NO, before has a starting point and I am asking you for that point in time that no deities existed before my preferred one.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I thought you were an atheist?

Do you know what hell is?

Why did you use it to begin a sentence?

Hell is connected to a specific deity to use it shows you have knowledge of that deity.

So to what date do you place him before all other deities?

I really don't know what an Xtian is. It is something you made up and does not exist.

One more thing your BEFORE was predicated on the previous words in the statement DATING BACK, which means you know a date in time past. So what is it?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

And you're wrong again. It's almost like you can't read simple sentences.

There will no be total eclipses ad infinium. The moon is moving away from us at a MEASURABLE rate of roughly 1.5 inches each year. In roughly 600 million years, there will be no more total eclipses because the moon will be too far away.

I don't see what's so difficult to understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join