It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are solar eclipses proof of God?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If anyone is interested in considering the mathematics and what it concludes spiritually I am interested all others find somewhere else to go.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

So you don't want me to insult you, but you can me because it was within boundaries?

Sounds very hypocritical.

Oh wait. I'm talking to a fake Christian. I shouldn't expect anything else.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
If anyone is interested in considering the mathematics and what it concludes spiritually I am interested all others find somewhere else to go.

Nothing.

The maths are only valid for now and won't be in 600 million years.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

6 millions years, can you verify that physically true? Oh no you wont be alive that long to answer here on this thread so your scientist calculation are thereby unverifiable to any man currently here on earth so the point of 6 million years is moot.

I verify my beliefs and you know them well enough seeing how spiritual you are.

Now, I challenge you to put two models of Geo-centric and Helio-centric and verify that they both produce the systematic movement we see in our system within the Milkyway Galaxy including that of Venus.

go to work and come back when you have done your homework.

The fact remains and is observable in our life times that the mathematical calculation of eclipses are a well know fact and will never change within our life times and the times of man on it. So the mathematical sizes of the Sun and Moon remain, the distances from the earth even if the moon move further out will still produce eclipses at each time it passes the point in space to produce an total Solar eclipse. The last one was a summer one, and we shall see it again and it may be in winter or spring or fall but it will happen again and again as long as we live and to the fourth generation.

edit on 12-9-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

6 millions years

I see you are still having difficulty reading.

600 million years.

can you verify that physically true?

Yes. The moon is moving roughly 1.5 inches away from us each year. 1.5x600,000,000 makes the moon too far away to give the impression it's covering the sun.

It's called basic maths.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

It also moves closer at certain times as well.

6 million 600 million 600 billion it does not matter you cannot verify it physically. because you will not be here nor any man who believes the predictions of the science so called.

But for the last 5000 year man has calculated eclipses via mathematics and they have been happening up until just last month. It wont change in your life time. But I will see a new heaven and new earth when the old has melted with fervent heat and the old heavens roll up as a scroll. I will see a place where there is no need for sun or moon. I will see a place that mathematics are far more accurate than those of mortal men today who upon a faulty precepts take science so called as truth.

Go do your geo/helio-centric model study and return with your knowledge of the truth.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

That's because it's not a perfect circle.

So maths doesn't matter in a thread trying to use maths to prove your god?

600 million years and there will no longer be a "total solar eclipse".

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I think I had already shown that the system is elliptical I even stated as much.

I think you were waiting post on harassing me rather than read them fully for understanding. But I see that you know everything anyway.

God's planned orbital pattern is not our current elliptical one, That is where nature which now groaneth until the showing of sons of God and that is not the fallen angels or any angel, that is the perfecting of the saints saved through Grace. But I digress because you don't want any of that. You just want to use God for your own purposes as I stated in previous posts. A moist selfish endeavor.

I showed the math and the day and the number of them God established before this fallen world, then later for Israel as their year marking it from the time they came out of Egypt and it is the perfect one. But it fall way short to mans calculations. So either God is right or man is right. I choose God and you choose man. I accept that.

No need for you to be so antagonistic because I don't see things your way. But rather you should resign yourself to accept that I don't agree and you can accept that despite what you may feel is lack of intelligence or not. If you can go and see that the two models of Geocentric and Heliocentric both represent the elliptic cycle we currently see, then maybe you can come back to this discussion with some respect instead of disdain or at least an admission to yourself that you don't know all you think you do, and just accept that we differ in our beliefs.

I call a truce with you on this.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I know about our solar system, orbits, planets, satellites and stars. I also know simple maths.

That's how I can verify that the 600 million years is roughly correct (there an obvious margin for error).

You like arguing that we aren't going to see it so it doesn't matter. To that I say, you didn't see jesus or your god 2000 years ago, so they don't matter.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You may not get this, but during my early years (spiritually, so late teens) I delved into the whole divine geometry rabbit hole. I came back up, after some University Mathematics classes, with the conclusion, its lacking. You need to be able to prove more than mathematical things. I used to be able too (and probably could if I gave a bother) prove certain chemistry equations (thermodynamics, and kinetics) using first principals. Those had demonstrable results.

Thus to use mathematics, to prove something spiritually, you need to define the spirituality as something, not just an amorphous "its out there".

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

our mathematical formulas though being true to us, are in error to God's true mathematics.

one day God will not only make it right he will make it new.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

our mathematical formulas though being true to us, are in error to God's true mathematics.

one day God will not only make it right he will make it new.

So maths is wrong?

Well then your op is wrong because it used maths.

You can't have it both ways.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I know about our solar system, orbits, planets, satellites and stars. I also know simple maths.

That's how I can verify that the 600 million years is roughly correct (there an obvious margin for error).

You like arguing that we aren't going to see it so it doesn't matter. To that I say, you didn't see jesus or your god 2000 years ago, so they don't matter.

one variable you leave out is God. He can change it today and all our math will be worthless.

But I do see Jesus, in others who know him and he is their saviour. He is in me and I in him, we are one as he and the father are one. and I have his mind.

All great things you will discover in due time if you will approach God preserved word with a true heart.

And don't say I am an atheist for you already shown you are anything other than that.

Sorry for insulting you earlier, I too am prone to my flesh at times. forgive me.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

So your answer is "because god"?

Prove your flavour of god can do anything. I bet you can't. He can't even do the most basic of things like to convert everyone to believe in it.

Yes, I'm an atheist. Your lacking English and delusions are the only thing making you think I'm a Christian.

And yes, you're a fake Christian. You have shown that many times in the last week. I don't know why you want to give them a bad name though.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Interesting gnoses there

No seriously you've now said "true mathematics". You are making this one of the most fallecous aruments in the history of ATS, that is a achievement neighbor!

OK so we start this thread with "you can see god with Mathematics", now we have "our mathematics is flawed,m one day will fix it all"

Nope

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

IF god is a Variable. You must define him! That is how it works. Variables must be defined.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Of course it's a fallacious argument.

A thread trying to "prove god" with maths.
Maths is shown that the thing it's trying to prove (eclipses) won't happen in roughly 600 million years
Maths is wrong.

It's also ironic as the device he's using on a forum on the internet using electricity in (I presume) a building, all rely on maths. Yet maths is wrong LOL.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Well it must be wrong. After all, it does not proclaim Jehovah is the all mighty, all bow down in his supreme something something, when you flip a switch
Electricity is more a Zeus or Thor or Tarranis thing really

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

And proof of Poseidon comes out of my tap when I run a bath

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

See I see it proof of Lir, but to each their own

I'm still waiting on ChesterJohns email too

new topics

top topics