It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America going through a tough time right now? Good. Opportunity to create a better system.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
America having a tough time right now?

People struggling economically?

Democrat's and Republicans not getting along?

Racist and Communist fighting each other in the streets?

Good.

Get up, dust off, reload, re-calibrate, rengage and go out on the attack!

Time to see what's happening as an amazing opportunity for us to shine a light on what's really happening and why. What can we do to dust off and re-calibrate?

Maybe it's time to see this as an opportunity and a positive thing instead of a negative thing. Maybe we really do have problems and we need to figure out what they are and solve them and stop calling everyone snowflakes.

P.S. This can be seen as a philosophy issue potentially or a Political issue not sure.
edit on 20-8-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Racist and Communist fighting each other in the streets?

Implying that both sides aren't profoundly racist

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

You sound like Bannon:

“I’m a Leninist,” Steve Bannon told a writer for The Daily Beast, in late 2013. “Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal, too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.”*

www.newyorker.com...

“The longer they talk about identity politics, I got ’em,” he said. “I want them to talk about racism every day. If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.”

www.washingtonpost.com... unusual-interview-with-progressive-magazine/?utm_term=.a8789f29c407

"The race-identity politics of the left wants to say it's all racist," Mr. Bannon added. "Just give me more. Tear down more statues. Say the revolution is coming. I can't get enough of it."

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Whhhaaaaatttt???

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Most of the Country don't care about statues or racists trotted out to fight with Lefties in Democrat cities.

It's all a big show to make the tiny blue enclaves that lost the election think something is going on and they are important.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The problem is we will not be able to agree on how a new system should be designed.

You have two sides that wants things to be their way or the highway. You have another side that doesn't want any system at all. Then you have a much bigger side of people that do not care one bit as long as they can continue to live as they currently choose to.

The system in place is just fine, minus things like Universal Healthcare, term limits and a few other things we could debate.

But overall, it's the extreme sides that need to change...not the system.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
If there was one change I would make, it would be to split the executive branch into several offices. Having a president that presides over all issues that pertain to running the country is beyond silly. You might say that is what the cabinet is for, but then why do we elect those people as one package, decided on by one under-informed figure-head?

It would make more sense to me to elect officials to about 20-30 offices that each dealt with narrow issues, and were world-class experts in those fields.

Which is the opposite of what is going to happen, because the government is captured by moneyed interests, and mainly not interested in actually serving the needs of the constituents.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I actually agree with you here. I think it's an inevitability because the current system won't continue as it is. It's not sustainable.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
As long as i get to keep my vast collection of toys and my taxes are little to nil im all for a possible change

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

When are you people going to lean?

You are going through a hard time because that is what the powers that be fully intend you do.

Caan you not seee the wrrting on the wall?

when a ball rolls along on the ground we can use the path where it as come from to reasonabley predict where its going - christ almighty, when will people lean???????????

join