It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

120 cannisters were at Barcelona Property

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Spanish investigators find 120 gas canisters at the property which they say the terrorists wanted to use in the attacks.

Investigators believe the Islamist extremist cell which carried out the vehicle rampages in Barcelona and the coastal resort of Cambrils may have accidentally blown up the property while preparing explosives a day earlier.

This is the property which blew up a day before Barcelona attacks which to me suggests there was going to be a huge explosion on the streets, possibly 2 explosions at different areas. I'd say pretty lucky the plan didn't go according to plan otherwise the death toll would have been huge!

Traces of the explosive TATP, which was used by Islamic State in atrocities in Paris and Brussels, were also found.

news.sky.com...

A photo of some of the cannisters:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

We can be thankful for this.
Actually I think I read somewhere that that is a common outcome when people build bombs.
They make mistakes and become the bombs one and only victim.
That's poetic justice.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Really have to wonder how a collection of that many canisters went unnoticed.

Maybe I'm just a little too paranoid, but something like that would attract my notice anywhere I happen to run across it.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

We can be thankful for this.
Actually I think I read somewhere that that is a common outcome when people build bombs.
They make mistakes and become the bombs one and only victim.
That's poetic justice.

That's true.

at least the blast killed a few of them... shame it wasn't all of them.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Probably bought from different places around Barcelona using different ID's and stored in the basement or maybe in an outside garage

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

This is in the rural countryside. All sorts of junk are stored in sheds and outhouses. And those will only be accessible through a single access road to the one farm. When people have died, the estate agents have found all sorts of things from vintage cars to military tanks and world war II aircraft.

Someone could go around offering to collect scrap metal for free. They keep the interesting bits for themselves (gas cannisters) and take the rest to the recycling yard.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

They were probably in an area where no one would run across them.

Or maybe some thought gosh they like to cook out. Lol.
edit on 8202017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

and

a reply to: stormcell

Makes sense.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Spain is dotted with campings, having a bunch of gas bottles is quite common overthere, and attrackts no suspicion. a reply to: jadedANDcynical

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Do you need an ID to purchase propane in Spain?

Didn't mean to make a rhyme but now for some reason I'm thinking of rain and plains ¿¿¿

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Not hard to get hold of the gas canisters in the UK, used to have them in our shop, you buy them but will get cash back when returning them but given you can turn up to the shop site and buy them and there also is that they can be even available for free as if the lighting to a set of road sign's doesn't work you can find about 6ft tall canisters.

Doubt anyone who's not an idiot will know 1001 different ways to cause nuttering stupidity.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
We should ban all ownership and sales of the explosive TATP, that would solve everything. Also ban vans on city streets, add bonus is saving the environment!! Yay, I feel good about my social justice rant!!

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I can't imagine the devastation if their plan hadn't gone wrong. It was horrific enough as was.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
One wonders what it will take for Europe to wake up to the fact that they let hundreds if not thousands of radical jihadis Into their countries and even have given them citizenship. Jihadis that spit and defecate on all the values you hold dear. The political leadership that does this doesn't get punished at all. Where's the piano wire when you really need it?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I can't imagine the devastation if their plan hadn't gone wrong. It was horrific enough as was.

I know. 120 ffs.

2 vans filled 60 each... bloody el

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Been saying the same thing for Months (mainly to myself mind).

Would Caeser have let the enemy into his castle?

Would King Henry have let the enemy into his?

Our Queen isn't doing anything to stop this and her royal cervants aren't doing much either...

What we need to do is round them all up, find out who is radical and who isn't, the ones found to be radical or herbouring radical views or support ISIS should be kicked out straight away. I don't give a fck about their rights, their rights ceased to exist once they chose the 'Jihadi' way.

It's time for our Queen and Politicians to do something about it. They are the only ones who have the power to do so at this point in time but I think if this continues for much longer there will be clashes in the streets.
edit on CDTSun, 20 Aug 2017 15:58:11 -05000000003103x111x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It will take another extreme nutter killing someone close to those who are still asleep. a reply to: pavil

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
One wonders what it will take for Europe to wake up to the fact that they let hundreds if not thousands of radical jihadis Into their countries and even have given them citizenship. Jihadis that spit and defecate on all the values you hold dear. The political leadership that does this doesn't get punished at all. Where's the piano wire when you really need it?

You make it sound like us Europeans are the ones in control of who comes into Europe. Being in the UK I said this ages ago when all the mass immigration/migrants started that we would see the beginning of radical Muslim attacks in cities. So I'm quite aware of what's happening but what can I do about it?

The EU doesn't give two craps about it, the political leaders in the countries that have been attacked don't give two craps either as they are not physically affected. They just go on tv say how bad the attacks are then bugger off to their mansions and city apartments

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Really have to wonder how a collection of that many canisters went unnoticed.

Maybe I'm just a little too paranoid, but something like that would attract my notice anywhere I happen to run across it.

Not if recycling. Gas canisters have a useful life cycle, get recycled for steel at the end. Not unusual at all in that context, flies right under the radar.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2Faced
Spain is dotted with campings, having a bunch of gas bottles is quite common overthere, and attrackts no suspicion. a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Ummm...your right...last time I went camping...I needed at least a hundred and twenty 30 lb bottles...

Talk about shrimp on the barbie...I likes mine blackened...

YouSir

top topics

<<   2 >>

join